UKC Forums
Show all 19 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- New old doggie rules proposals. (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928518918)

Posted by yadkintar on 05-30-2019 12:55 PM:

New old doggie rules proposals.

Any dog that leaves the leash babbling then ends up a mile deep treed with a coon it receives no plus points and is automaticity minused 200- !

Tarbaby

Posted by Sgraves on 05-30-2019 01:59 PM:

Tar I bet you can walk through a bed of fire ants bare footed. Want bother you one bit.

Posted by yadkintar on 05-30-2019 02:09 PM:

Shoot no them little suckers hurt !!

Tar

Posted by Dave Richards on 05-30-2019 08:57 PM:

Tar

I figured all the times you have been snakebit that you would be immune to pain. Lol. Dave.

Posted by Sgraves on 05-30-2019 10:15 PM:

Mr Richards I thought the same thing. A post like this pain is not an option for him seems like it. He loves it

Posted by yadkintar on 05-30-2019 10:52 PM:

It was a joke I am in a really good mood lol. Now if y’all would help me clean these fish sheeesh it’s hot summers here !!

Tar

Posted by Dave Richards on 05-31-2019 12:47 AM:

Tar

You need s buddy to fish with, give him all the fish and let him clean and split with you. Lol. Seriously, I hate to clean fish, my fishing buddy don't mind, he gets all the fish and brings me part of the cleaned fillets. Heck he even brings me some fried fillets from time to time. Lol. Dave

Posted by yadkintar on 05-31-2019 12:59 AM:

Lavon caught a 40 pounder me and Paul finally got it dip netted. We caught 26. That were 3 pounds and up we all clean the fish me and Paul’s freezers are full so lavon got to take them. River was really to rank for me today but more rain coming this week.

Tar

Posted by Dave Richards on 05-31-2019 02:29 AM:

Tar

You need to start crappie fishing, catfish are good eating, crappie are better eating. Do you freeze your fillets in water, I think you said you did! I ate some walleye filets recently that were 3 years old and tasted like they were fresh caught. Caught some 14 and 15 inch crappie last week they were slabs...........yummy. Dave

Posted by thomasg on 06-01-2019 09:20 AM:

Re: New old doggie rules proposals.

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Any dog that leaves the leash babbling then ends up a mile deep treed with a coon it receives no plus points and is automaticity minused 200- !

Tarbaby

they should be scored like this . 1 set of tree points just like strike points . quit rewarding them with 125 points for being last to tree , give them 25 for being last to tree or next available position . being alone has absolutely nothing to do with a hounds ability to tree a coon any better than the hounds it was cast with ,

Posted by Sgraves on 06-01-2019 03:01 PM:

Am not quite understanding the don’t give them 125 to be last to tree. First to tree should get 125 an 125 if they are split. They deserve the 125 for getting split an having a coon. Certain people feel like they shouldn’t. Going in for a 100 if split would make sense.

Posted by Dave Richards on 06-02-2019 01:39 AM:

Thomasg

Are you really serious? What makes you think that any dog that trees their own coon deserves less points just because another dog trees a separate coon before that dog trees? We don't punish dogs that actually tree a coon, that's what they are supposed to do. Dogs have enough of a disadvantage with the strike points getting scored by position and now you want separate trees to be scored the way strike points are scored. LMAO. Dave

Posted by thomasg on 06-02-2019 04:10 AM:

Re: Thomasg

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Are you really serious? What makes you think that any dog that trees their own coon deserves less points just because another dog trees a separate coon before that dog trees? We don't punish dogs that actually tree a coon, that's what they are supposed to do. Dogs have enough of a disadvantage with the strike points getting scored by position and now you want separate trees to be scored the way strike points are scored. LMAO. Dave
dead serious , dogs should be scored by the order they tree,1st too 4th . a honest strike dog that goes in for 50 strike works a track up and trees first should win a cast over the dog that leaves barking at nothing and is 4th to tree a coon it run heads on to and puts it up a bush a mile away .the rules were written years ago when dogs packed ,now a babbling hound trained with a e collar to be alone is the winner , we need a rule change to fit the style dogs we see now days,

Posted by Dogwhisper on 06-02-2019 04:33 AM:

I would rather see 100 strike points awarded on split trees only.
Even if deep and lonely is a mile deep, so long as the leash lock is done away with.
Positional strike points left as is, on community trees.

Posted by BigContry on 06-02-2019 05:18 AM:

Re: Tar

quote:
You need to start crappie fishing, catfish are good eating, crappie are better eating. Do you freeze your fillets in water, I think you said you did! I ate some walleye filets recently that were 3 years old and tasted like they were fresh caught. Caught some 14 and 15 inch crappie last week they were slabs...........yummy. Dave

Man thats some big Sac-A-Lait, the wife , daughter, and myself caught some might big ones last week also. I didn't measure them, so it aint no use in me trying to tell you how big. But the biggest one was the biggest I have ever caught.

Posted by Dave Richards on 06-02-2019 05:38 AM:

Dogwhisper Tommy Gayle

I like your thinking, strike points on separate trees with coon should be separate just like the trees, this would equalize the auto strike dog treeing a mile deep with an honest strike dog treeing one close. Separate tracks should be scored separate as is separate trees. Tommy, I wish we had the size crappie you guys have. Those were exceptional crappie that we caught last week, ours normally run 10 to 11 inches. We have a 10 inch minimum size limit and 15 per person limit. Dave

Posted by Chuck Allen on 06-02-2019 01:58 PM:

Re: Re: Thomasg

quote:
Originally posted by thomasg
dead serious , dogs should be scored by the order they tree,1st too 4th . a honest strike dog that goes in for 50 strike works a track up and trees first should win a cast over the dog that leaves barking at nothing and is 4th to tree a coon it run heads on to and puts it up a bush a mile away .the rules were written years ago when dogs packed ,now a babbling hound trained with a e collar to be alone is the winner , we need a rule change to fit the style dogs we see now days,

Thomas I am just guessing here but I bet you probably , breed , raise and train your own based on certain traits you like. Which is not necessarily a bad thing either.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Posted by Chuck Allen on 06-02-2019 01:59 PM:

Re: Dogwhisper Tommy Gayle

quote:
I like your thinking, strike points on separate trees with coon should be separate just like the trees, this would equalize the auto strike dog treeing a mile deep with an honest strike dog treeing one close. Separate tracks should be scored separate as is separate trees. Tommy, I wish we had the size crappie you guys have. Those were exceptional crappie that we caught last week, ours normally run 10 to 11 inches. We have a 10 inch minimum size limit and 15 per person limit. Dave

Now Dave that right there is a dat gum good IDEA.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Posted by Dogwhisper on 06-02-2019 05:23 PM:

Case in point. 2 dogs .. made 4 trees in a 70 yd span less than 35 min. ... Each dog backed one another once, each dog had a split. All were plus trees ..
That's 600 + each....Takeing away a babbleing strike advantage equalizes the strike on split trees!