UKC Forums
Show all 24 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Idea to bring hunters to the clubs. (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928518422)

Posted by usmccoonhunter on 05-11-2019 04:07 PM:

Idea to bring hunters to the clubs.

This is just an idea. Tell me what you think. As of right now almost all ukc hunts are 20$ i propose to raise it to 30$ take that extra 10$ and it goes straight to the final 4 purse of the world hunt. Do away with the rqe hunts. make it so you have to win 5 cw’s in one yr in order to qualify for the zone hunts. I think by doing this one you will see and added purse in the final four that will beat pkc, and chkc, which this would bring alot of their customers over. this would also benefit the clubs from the rise in numbers.

GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTIN:

Grch Grntch Res National ch. Pr Wild Style Molly

GR NT CH PR HARDWOOD TREEING CANDY

CH NT CH 'PR' JUST ITCH 2010 5TH PLACE SATURDAY SOUTHEASTERN TREEING WALKER DAYS DIED JUNE 24 2010 (4YRS OLD)

NTCH 'PR' DUKE RIDGE ALL GRAND SNOWBAWL (HARRY BAWLS X MALDEN BRANCH MOUSE) 5TH 2014 WINTER CLASSICS

Grch GrNtch 'PR' 2T's All Grand Joy
(superman x ridgetop sparky)

CURENTLY HOME OF :

Pr Wild Azz Helln (thunders wild clyde x wild style molly)

Grch GrNtch Pr Duke Ridge Mini-Slam

Posted by JiM on 05-11-2019 05:12 PM:

You want to increase entries at the clubs by raising fees by an extra $10?

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Posted by Nathan Phenix on 05-11-2019 05:20 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
You want to increase entries at the clubs by raising fees by an extra $10?

Not by raising entry but by requiring more participation to get to prize the extra 10 dollars would generate. I have thought that requirement of so many cast wins to make zones is great ideal. Lots people go to few RQE get qualified and that's all the ukc hunts they attend.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Posted by Nathan Phenix on 05-11-2019 05:23 PM:

Slam hunts are $30 and they seem be drawing plenty people. $10 isn't goin be stop more people than extra money and and qualifying requirements would draw in.

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 05-11-2019 05:45 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Phenix
Slam hunts are $30 and they seem be drawing plenty people. $10 isn't goin be stop more people than extra money and and qualifying requirements would draw in.

That is because they have a chance to win $ on the spot that night. Example last weekend our double header slam we had 4 cast early and late. Only 2 early and 2 late had plus point cast wins. The winners early won $115 each, late $99 each.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Posted by usmccoonhunter on 05-11-2019 05:51 PM:

Obviously raising 10$ isnt the idea behind it please read the entire thing. it is not asinine to think the final cast could have a payout of 100k. 10$ every entry in entire nation would go to helping ukc pay for the payout. The required 5 cws required to qualify for zones would bring all the grnts out that in the past just go hunt 1 or 2 rqes just to get qualified. now with ntchs and grnts hunting together in even the small hunts under the new rules.. i think the competition will be a lil harder requiring people to hunt a few more to have a chance to get a piece of the final four purse which would be a great amount.

CH NT CH 'PR' JUST ITCH 2010 5TH PLACE SATURDAY SOUTHEASTERN TREEING WALKER DAYS DIED JUNE 24 2010 (4YRS OLD)

NTCH 'PR' DUKE RIDGE ALL GRAND SNOWBAWL (HARRY BAWLS X MALDEN BRANCH MOUSE) 5TH 2014 WINTER CLASSICS

CURENTLY HOME OF :

Posted by Blaze P. on 05-11-2019 05:57 PM:

How about some of the interest they earn off the performance money they sit on for a yr pay out at the world hunt and leave the local clubs out of it.

Posted by HERSHSHUNTIN on 05-11-2019 06:44 PM:

What about the hunters that are not in the areas where the zones or world hunt is held--look at the many states that only have 1 or 2 dogs or none in the mix--like ny--last year very few were entered --was it because of all the traveling to the zones & if they got thru the following week at the world hunt?

look at where the majority of hounds are from--it may seem like a good deal to some but will only hurt those far away--imo

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Posted by JiM on 05-11-2019 07:02 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by usmccoonhunter
Obviously raising 10$ isnt the idea behind it please read the entire thing. it is not asinine to think the final cast could have a payout of 100k. 10$ every entry in entire nation would go to helping ukc pay for the payout. The required 5 cws required to qualify for zones would bring all the grnts out that in the past just go hunt 1 or 2 rqes just to get qualified. now with ntchs and grnts hunting together in even the small hunts under the new rules.. i think the competition will be a lil harder requiring people to hunt a few more to have a chance to get a piece of the final four purse which would be a great amount.

You make some good points and I don't disagree with your numbers. But the title of your thread was "Idea to bring hunters to the clubs".
At the clubs in my area, and there are a 8-10 of them within an hour, you pay a $20 entry fee and your dog puts up the highest score of the hunt, the prize you win is absolutely nothing. Now, charge them another $10 more and the winner goes home with........absolutely nothing. That extra $10 isn't bringing in more dogs but it will cost you some entries.
Why do some clubs in the same area draw better than others? Good hunts vs bad hunts. You really wanna increase entries? Quit scheming and concentrate on top notch guides putting casts in top notch hunting. Hand that card to good, honest judges or hand it to a competent non-hunting judge. Good hunts are what brings in entries. If your club doesn't have any good guides/judges or just doesn't have good hunting ground available, close your doors and give the other clubs a boost.

Posted by Dogwhisper on 05-11-2019 07:02 PM:

Here's one .....plenty of time I've wanted to go to a nite hunt
Only to find out the entry deadline is 2 hours before it gets dark.
I can't make those 8 pm entry deadlines....it's like the club doesn't want the etra enteries....soooooo we both lose out....and this is at the local level. Do away with the local entry time !

Posted by stevwallace on 05-11-2019 07:54 PM:

Jim sounds bout right to me.

Posted by usmccoonhunter on 05-11-2019 09:26 PM:

jim i agree but that is on the clubs. every club has the option to pay back money at every hunt. what im saying is the 100k and the requirement of winning 5 cw a yr will bring dogs out that normally wouldnt hunt it. Alot of grntchs that would hunt. go back and look at last yr how many grntchs hunted zones? how many hunted rqe’s now if everyone of them got the 5 cw’s how many entries is that for a club somewhere? thats a whole lot of entries. i hunt alot of pkc hunts and can tell u there are ALOT of pkc hunters that would definitely hunt ukc for that big of a purse.

CURENTLY HOME OF :

Posted by Sgraves on 05-11-2019 09:53 PM:

I love going to clubs with large number of folks an dogs. Some will disagree with me an that’s your right to do so. But, the way I see it clubs are not really needed anymore . Money hunts is the only thing that matters anymore. That’s fine , I like them too. But, you really don’t need a club house. You have store parking lots , sheds in back yards an drive ways . Some know what am talking about. If you find ways to keep the money instead of putting it into an club things are better, I guess. I wish it would come back. We live in a world today where if it’s not quick an easy people get bored with it an move on. There is to many hunts to go to to be worried bout being tied down with the responsibility of a club. That an the sportsmanship suck these days.

Posted by l p w on 05-11-2019 11:09 PM:

Idea

I like the idea but the number 1 thing that is killing the hunt numbers in middle TN is there is 3 different hunts tonight within an hour of my house a pkc double header a ukc hunt and a chkc hunt so people can't make all three it's tough

Posted by JiM on 05-11-2019 11:18 PM:

Re: Idea

quote:
Originally posted by l p w
I like the idea but the number 1 thing that is killing the hunt numbers in middle TN is there is 3 different hunts tonight within an hour of my house a pkc double header a ukc hunt and a chkc hunt so people can't make all three it's tough

You make a great point. It hurts all 3 but it hurts UKC the most because they are the only ones that send you home with empty pockets, win, lose or draw.

Posted by Nathan Phenix on 05-11-2019 11:23 PM:

Not if ukc hunt is a slam hunt.

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Posted by Richard Lambert on 05-12-2019 01:24 AM:

Sounds like tax and spend to me. That is a liberal principal that the Democratic party is based on. The government collects money from everyone and then decides who to give it back to. In this case UKC will tax hunt participates all year and then give the money back to the winner of the World Championship.

Posted by shadinc on 05-12-2019 03:53 AM:

We had a slam at our club tonight and nobody came. Maybe if we had charged $10 more?

Posted by randywoodard2 on 05-12-2019 05:28 AM:

What good would it do to raise entry fees? Ukc would take most of the money for thier fees and etc. I'm sure as heck not gonna run around to win 5 cast a year just to go to the hunt that if anyway possible thier rich buddies are gonna win anyway! We dont have good places to guide a hunt in Lafayette. Management isn't nothing but mountains so u cant call a dog. Pkc is mostly won by big money A working man cant take off every other week to go to a week long event.

Pr.Woodards Late Night Trix

Posted by usmccoonhunter on 05-12-2019 02:14 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by randywoodard2
What good would it do to raise entry fees? Ukc would take most of the money for thier fees and etc. I'm sure as heck not gonna run around to win 5 cast a year just to go to the hunt that if anyway possible thier rich buddies are gonna win anyway! We dont have good places to guide a hunt in Lafayette. Management isn't nothing but mountains so u cant call a dog. Pkc is mostly won by big money A working man cant take off every other week to go to a week long event.

i disagree with you. i work anywhere from 50-70 hrs a week sometimes more. i still make it to 15+ ukc hunts, roughly 50+ pkc hunts a yr. also have won my fair share and seen non money men win their fair share. Many more people would hunt the ukc hunts if they offered a purse like im speaking of. 100k to final cast. you may not like it not everyone will. then again u cant please everyone

CURENTLY HOME OF :

Posted by Robert Johnson on 05-13-2019 07:11 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by usmccoonhunter
i disagree with you. i work anywhere from 50-70 hrs a week sometimes more. i still make it to 15+ ukc hunts, roughly 50+ pkc hunts a yr. also have won my fair share and seen non money men win their fair share. Many more people would hunt the ukc hunts if they offered a purse like im speaking of. 100k to final cast. you may not like it not everyone will. then again u cant please everyone

You have been in the sun to long my friend. Why does a UKC hunter want to see a boatload of PKC guys once a year at the world? Raise the fees and kill a dying dog even faster.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Posted by millerthehound on 05-13-2019 08:13 PM:

So for me I enjoy the UKC hunts because there is no money involved. Now I haven't hunted any of the other KC's but I have hunted against a lot of them in UKC hunts and I have found they are the loudest, rudest people I have hunted with. Now not all are like that but the one's I have hunted against have turned me off to the money hunts.

Home of
GRNITECH'GRCH'PR' Buster's Ugly Nite Angel HTX
2015 World Hunt and Show Qualifier
2014 Grand American Double Cast Winner
2014 World Qualifier
'PR' High Sierra's Heavenly Atlas
'PR' High Sierra's Crystal Lake Kraken
2019 World Hunt Qualifier
'PR' High Sierra's Peppermint Candy
'PR' Tiffany's Spicy Red Pepper (RedBone she isnt mine)
'PR' High Sierra's Stonecold Medusa
'PR' Miller's Ticked-Up Titan( RIP)

Posted by Blaze P. on 05-14-2019 01:24 AM:

I thought the performance program was to bring out more hunters since it offered a payback. How's that working out? Your not gonna draw bigger crowds by charging more, when the pool of people your trying to draw from is small anyway.

Posted by kdenton on 05-14-2019 02:16 AM:

It would be nice to have a bigger payout but do you really think UKC needs more money to have a bigger payout at the world? No. They have made nothing but profit from their hunts for years they can afford it on their own. Shouldn’t come out of our pockets when they been taking it and we been getting nothing in return for years.