UKC Forums
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- dog box pad (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928533942)

Posted by rdmedders on 10-29-2020 01:11 AM:

dog box pad

few weeks ago i ordered some dans dog box pads , they will not stay in there place in the dog box! they are the correct size.
when i haul my hound , when i go to get her out the pad is pushed all the way towards the front or back!
is there anything i can do?

Posted by JB Cobb on 10-29-2020 02:22 AM:

Re: dog box pad

quote:
Originally posted by rdmedders
few weeks ago i ordered some dans dog box pads , they will not stay in there place in the dog box! they are the correct size.
when i haul my hound , when i go to get her out the pad is pushed all the way towards the front or back!
is there anything i can do?

I could be wrong but I bet your dog pushes them up.... I’ve got one that will do that as soon as he gets turned around 😂

Posted by Andy212 on 10-29-2020 02:36 AM:

Had the same problem. While talking to a neighbor whose wife is big into crafting she suggested Velcro strips she had a believe from Walmart or hobby lobby. Ended up working like a dream. Hope this may help.

Posted by rdmedders on 10-29-2020 01:15 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Andy212
Had the same problem. While talking to a neighbor whose wife is big into crafting she suggested Velcro strips she had a believe from Walmart or hobby lobby. Ended up working like a dream. Hope this may help.

ive been considering velcro strips , i was wondering if i would have a problem with it sticking on the pad and bottom of dog box?

Posted by Toad Hill on 10-29-2020 05:33 PM:

Buy different pads -problem solved.
That wont happen with the Custom pads made by
G&M Hunting Supply .
You cant beat em !!!

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Posted by rdmedders on 10-29-2020 06:49 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill
Buy different pads -problem solved.
That wont happen with the Custom pads made by
G&M Hunting Supply .
You cant beat em !!!

these are made by DANS hunting clothing/ chaps/ vests , made to fit a standard size dog box . i would think they are custom made?

Posted by DAVE H on 10-29-2020 10:28 PM:

Yes they are custom made however they aren't stiff enough to keep the dog from pushing them up and out of place.
I made the switch to G&M as well and problem solved, couldnt be happier with them.

BLUE GHOST HAUNTED SKY

Posted by rdmedders on 10-29-2020 10:46 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by DAVE H
Yes they are custom made however they aren't stiff enough to keep the dog from pushing them up and out of place.
I made the switch to G&M as well and problem solved, couldnt be happier with them.

ive already got 70.00 invested in these lol

Posted by rdmedders on 10-29-2020 11:24 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by rdmedders
ive already got 70.00 invested in these lol

i'll put a couple of thin strips of wood in them to stiffen them up!

Posted by AAThoundhunter on 10-30-2020 12:05 AM:

Pads

Get some stone creek pads. I hunt 4-5 nights a week all year and these hold up to anything you can throw at them and after a long ride dogs still feel good

Posted by Mark Zepp on 10-31-2020 02:41 PM:

I have bought and used every dog box pad I could get my hands on at different times over the last 30 years, although I have not used the G&M pads. Don Brown out of Iowa probably made the best ones. The padding and outside material were excellent but they were hard to make, expensive to make, expensive to ship, not profitable and he quit making them. Most of today's have very poor quality padding or foam which makes them a pain to use because they slip and slide all over the inside of the box.

Many of the guys I know and hunt with use straw or hay inside of their boxes and that is fine. Most people don’t use near enough of it to help the dog from getting jarred around. If you run up and down the roads to competition events or simply want your dog to ride in comfort good quality pads are the way to go. If you want the best performance out of your dog when you pull him out of the box, whether it is a 30 minute trip to the local club house or 300 or more miles down the road to a national event don’t you think he’ll preform better being less bounced around and “beat up” in the back of your truck?

If you are hauling pups or very young dogs these pads inevitably end up becoming “chew toys” for them so please be mindful of that before sticking puppies in any box with dog pads.