UKC Forums
Show all 19 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Short people problems (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928534592)

Posted by chainsaw on 11-23-2020 12:26 AM:

Short people problems

My top storage box is useless.I can’t get in it with my new truck it’s 4x4 but not lifted. I use the back seat of my truck and just put extra stuff like first aid kit extra leads light ect in the box. Anyone else run into this..and yes I know I could stand on the bumper or tire but I’m to old to get hurt before I go hunting

Posted by pztrailman on 11-23-2020 01:36 AM:

I had the same problem. I had to go to bottom storage.

Posted by Nick B on 11-23-2020 02:09 AM:

I’m not short

But i find storing stuff in the back seat to be more convenient anyway. I have no storage on the box and better visibility out of the rear window.

Posted by yadkinriver on 11-23-2020 03:17 PM:

Rather have a box with no storage that I can see over and a tool box behind the cab.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 11-23-2020 06:10 PM:

Top storage, side storage, tool box, back seat and see out the back window... I can leave home for a month and carry everything.

post a picture

Posted by Nick B on 11-23-2020 09:00 PM:

Very nice! Can you load and unload it by yourself too? 🤣
Really cool setup.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 11-23-2020 09:04 PM:

I am 72 yrs old. I have to have 2 sawhorses. It isn't that heavy but I am not as strong as I used to be and my back is bad.

Posted by Nick B on 11-24-2020 03:19 AM:

I hear that

A friend of mine seriously messed up his back trying to load his box by himself. Pretty much ended his coon hunting. Take care of your back.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 11-24-2020 03:24 AM:

It is great for road trips and pulling my camper. I still have my Jeep for hunting around the house.

Posted by Josh Michaelis on 11-24-2020 02:51 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I am 72 yrs old. I have to have 2 sawhorses. It isn't that heavy but I am not as strong as I used to be and my back is bad.

Forget the dog box. I like that old truck. Cant find em up here unless they are rusted in two.

Posted by groworg1 on 11-24-2020 02:56 PM:

whats the year is the old chevy truck in front of first picture ?

Posted by Richard Lambert on 11-24-2020 03:52 PM:

1965 Chevy, it has a 4.8 LS engine with a turbo and a 4l60e auto trans. It dyno'd at 569 hp at the rear wheels on +10 lbs of boost. It sure is fun to drive. I am like a kid with a toy when I take it out. It has a Holley Terminator Max computer. I can turn the tune and boost up to race or down to just cruise depending on my mood (and whether my wife goes with me or not).

Posted by groworg1 on 11-24-2020 04:12 PM:

quote:
1965 Chevy, it has a 4.8 LS engine with a turbo and a 4l60e auto trans. It dyno'd at 569 hp at the rear wheels on +10 lbs of boost. It sure is fun to drive. I am like a kid with a toy when I take it out. It has a Holley Terminator Max computer. I can turn the tune and boost up to race or down to just cruise depending on my mood (and whether my wife goes with me or not).
cool

Posted by Josh Michaelis on 11-24-2020 09:58 PM:

quote:

All the LS swaps I see amaze me. Love em.

Hunting buddy of mine has a 6.0 in an old regal that runs a 6.90 1/8 mile.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 11-24-2020 10:21 PM:

They sure do put a lot of pep in an old classic. They also love a little boost. I sure do wish that they were around during my first childhood.

Posted by Roy Grant on 11-27-2020 02:49 AM:

buy or build a step for your hitch

Posted by Richard Edinger on 11-27-2020 01:41 PM:

Trucks are so tall anymore you can't hardly get on the tail
gate to sit .

Posted by Richard Lambert on 11-27-2020 01:46 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Roy Grant
buy or build a step for your hitch

I didn't think about that. It is an excellent idea. All you would need to do is take the ball off of a hitch and weld or bolt a flat piece of metal to the top. You could get a drop down or level hitch to get it the right height.

Posted by honalieh on 11-28-2020 05:27 AM:

Exactly

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Rather have a box with no storage that I can see over and a tool box behind the cab.

I got a new box last year. No storage for me. I want to see what's behind me in my rearview mirror, not just see my box. I too like the toolbox for storage.