UKC Forums Pages (15): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Show all 365 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Most Famous Coonhound (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=241956)

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-04-2008 06:43 PM:

Posted by truly on 12-04-2008 07:23 PM:

one of the things about being a "most famous coonhound" is that a lot of people should have hunted with him/her over the years. Frank showed JR to a lot of people, so besides his obvious fame due to the number and quality of what he reproduced, there are many folks who talk about a hunt that they went on with Sackett JR. While Rat and Harry have been talked about at great length over the years, I have never had anyone tell me about a personal experience hunting with those dogs. Shouldnt that count for something?

Posted by ohiothunder on 12-04-2008 07:29 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by smokey7
I'd say the most famous is good ole "rat attack". If I want to see a slick treeing idiot I know where to go. Direct offspring or grandson or grandaughter, it doesn't matter, the slick treeing gene comes through with ole rat attack. I've seen it over and over and over. Oh yeah, and meanness too.

That is by far the most ignorant post Ive ever read on here. Thats all I'm gonna say

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-04-2008 07:37 PM:

sackett jr.....

Posted by Redwood Hounds on 12-04-2008 08:19 PM:

When I think of all time, and most influentional dogs I think
Johnson's Banjo and Finley River Chief.
Without them there would be no Lipper and Sackett Jr.

REDWOOD'S TREEING WALKER COONHOUNDS
& LOUISIANA CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOGS
http://www.RedwoodCoonhounds.net/

NITECH CGRCH FCH GRCH 'PR' Redwood's All Night Aspen
(2014 #1 UKC Top Ten All-Breed Conformation Treeing Walker)
NITECH CCH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH 'PR' Redwood's Wild Gamble

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-04-2008 08:28 PM:

and way before those great hound's don't forget this guy......

Posted by MikeO on 12-04-2008 08:31 PM:

rock river sackett jr and rat attack.

And the pup 'pr' Owen's Rock River Ace...

Mike Owen owner/handler. hunting in style (WALKER STYLE)

Posted by walkertalk on 12-04-2008 08:33 PM:

rat

was luckey to have 3 coon out of ten trees.i would not have hunted him if he was a gift to me at his beast.finley river dogs the old lines is wat needs to be brought back alive to hunt.some one said packman look at his picters if the truth was told you would find out he was finley river bread.don

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-04-2008 08:40 PM:

Pac Man.....

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-04-2008 08:44 PM:

Finley River Chief ....again.......

Posted by pookie40 on 12-04-2008 10:24 PM:

Great pic's everyone ,that PAC MAN was a great hound.

Posted by Loren Simpson on 12-04-2008 10:41 PM:

all time most famous

I've gotta pic of him somewhere..

#573-392-7119 cell 573-286-0431
Home of bunch of lowbred culls;
Saline Creek Smokin Sheba (DualGrCh Osage Stinger Joe x DualGrCh Schenker's Smokin Cindy)
Saline Creek Reba II (GrCh North Rivers Hard Cola (albert, medicine man bred) x Saline Creek Reba (Sheba's sister)
Saline Creek Beau (Millers Midnight Harry, (Eads bred) x Beauty, Myers/ Sting bred) co owner Will Simpson
GrNiteCh Chenoweths Cheyenne
NiteCh Party Queen (GrNiteCh Duelin Dan x GrNiteCh Ruby 2)
Mandy (littermate to Thunderstick & Lil Ann)
Saline Creek Jenna Jameson (GrNiteCh Kansas Hayes x GrNiteCh Dixie Gem) co owners Scott Rodden, Kyle Sears

Posted by m4rcut on 12-04-2008 10:48 PM:

Nailor,River Bend Flag, Pac Man, and W.C. Deamon are the most famous to me

Handler of:
GRNTCH SILVERCH MTN TOP'S WAX
'09 Winter Classic overall hunt winner
'08 JR Superstakes Reserve Ch

Posted by NEOKHUNTER on 12-04-2008 10:53 PM:

Swamp Rooster

quote:
Originally posted by Derek Chapman
michigan swamp rooster won alot and produced many great hounds

Excellent choice. Swamp Rooster was a dog that even if you didnt hunt Englich dogs you knew of him and probably hunted with someone who owned a dog out of him. He was the real deal. I cast my vote his way.

Posted by Dwils on 12-04-2008 11:15 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by truly
one of the things about being a "most famous coonhound" is that a lot of people should have hunted with him/her over the years. Frank showed JR to a lot of people, so besides his obvious fame due to the number and quality of what he reproduced, there are many folks who talk about a hunt that they went on with Sackett JR. While Rat and Harry have been talked about at great length over the years, I have never had anyone tell me about a personal experience hunting with those dogs. Shouldnt that count for something?

frank hunts all his studs,,heck he brought cord to walker days and we all went pleasure huntin with him and a young grand off of him

NtCh PKCCh Skuna River Faith
NtCh PKC Ch Catch This
Silver Ch River Bend Lacey

Posted by elvis on 12-04-2008 11:27 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by truly

Pacman placed in the top 20 of 11 world hunts and won 2 of them. Thats showing a dog right there.

Im not dissing JR. in any way. In my mind he probably is the most famous reproducer of winning coonhounds ever. But if we start baseing fame on the amount that the dog was shown or hunts they won, Jr. would not even be in the ballpark.

Posted by HOBO on 12-05-2008 12:02 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Dwils
sackett jr. then rat... sacket is in almost every studs blood now a days,just take a look through bloodlines and see how many studs have SACKETT JR in pedigree...........99% of them,lol

And 20 years ago it was Finely River Chief.....

In another 20 years people will be Sackett Jr who????????

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Posted by Mike Van Dusen on 12-05-2008 12:07 AM:

Everybody talked about Pac Man.......of course I live in northern In.But you couldn`t talk dogs without his name coming up!
I remember going to Silver Lake to a RQE(mid 1980`s)they drew over 100 dogs and everyone was talking about Bellar and Pac Man.........

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-05-2008 12:21 AM:

Posted by steve5005 on 12-05-2008 01:38 AM:

Famous Dogs

Its between Will Walkers Slick Slammin Storm or Jake Burnetts Big Black Bawlin Burtha!!! Now them some hounds!!!!!!!! I personaly have never seen them miss!!!!!!!!!

Posted by burdette on 12-05-2008 01:41 AM:

Re: Famous Dogs

quote:
Originally posted by steve5005
Its between Will Walkers Slick Slammin Storm or Jake Burnetts Big Black Bawlin Burtha!!! Now them some hounds!!!!!!!! I personaly have never seen them miss!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A BONE HEAD LOL OR WHAT ABOUT STEVE'S BIG BLACK CALL WHATEVER DOG OPENS FIRST LOL

Posted by burdette on 12-05-2008 01:42 AM:

Re: all time most famous

quote:
Originally posted by Loren Simpson

I've gotta pic of him somewhere..

MY PICK TOO.

Posted by steve5005 on 12-05-2008 02:07 AM:

Re: Re: all time most famous

quote:
Originally posted by burdette
MY PICK TOO.
Is burtha out of him!!!!!!!!!!! It says in the rules "you have to call your own dog" it doesn't say you can't call someone elses!!! LOL I can call your dog just as fast as you can.

Posted by GA DAWG on 12-05-2008 02:29 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by smokey7
I'd say the most famous is good ole "rat attack". If I want to see a slick treeing idiot I know where to go. Direct offspring or grandson or grandaughter, it doesn't matter, the slick treeing gene comes through with ole rat attack. I've seen it over and over and over. Oh yeah, and meanness too.
You jump in your little truck and ride about 1 hr east and I'll show ol princess how a coons supposed to be treed with a RAT ATTACK dog....If shes mean.We will bring collars only outta the woods! LOL.....

Posted by TKC on 12-05-2008 02:42 AM:

Swamp Rooster