UKC Forums Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]
Show all 63 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Big Game Hunting (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=36)
-- Maine Houndsmen (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=341479)

Posted by hollaback maine on 03-31-2010 07:50 PM:

rich40s

Thanks for all the info.thats going to make lots of hound people happy for sure.It just makes the differance on getting younger dogs in there to learn there place without haveing to struggle.sounds great.hope to see ya at the events.

Posted by jason waterhous on 03-31-2010 11:15 PM:

a freand of mine

hunted bear in maine for ten days this last season and they killed 27 bear in 10 dayes and no littel ones eather.that is where he tunes up his bear dogs at befor season comes in in nc.david.ps he has hunted there all his life and said the bear keeps getting thicker

If you dont mind me asking who is your friend? Thats 3 bears a day they killed except 3 days where they killed 2 bears a day. Ive never hunted around anybody that could tree that many bears in that short of time and kill all big ones to boot. WOW whats he using for dogs? i want some of that blood!

Posted by hollaback maine on 04-01-2010 12:00 AM:

jason waterhous

I think you might have me confused with someone elses friend,all my friends want to kill that many bears in one day also;we have killed two bears in a day before and know that it does'nt happen often.I'd like to think that were that good lol.thanks for the response.

Posted by mehunter on 04-01-2010 12:52 AM:

holla back

Just dropping you a line, won,t be at the albion event got other things to do that day. Will be down to your event . Hope everything is going well. Will be talking to you. thanks me hunter.

Posted by hollaback maine on 04-03-2010 03:26 PM:

me hunter

The response so far seems real good,can't hardly wait.really hope for that super crowd of people.talk with ya later.

Posted by hollaback maine on 04-05-2010 01:48 AM:

Downeast Houndsmen Assn,

Our events are starting to get confermed;
April 24 th in Calais Maine
May 22nd in Calais Maine
June 25th+26th in Patten Maine
All events will be listed in Coonhound Bloodlines,with directions,or feel free to call myself (Bill Dereszewski)@ 1(207)-271-0610 I'll be glad to help anyway that I can.Thanks for the support.

Posted by robbyson99 on 04-05-2010 03:58 PM:

I can't make it the 17th due to shoulder surgery but will do my best to be there in calais. I love the idea of the big game events. The idea of a mechanical bear is awesome. If its money your looking for I'm more than sure there's a ton of houndsmen around that would love to put some kind of fund raiser together. Hell, ill send ya money right now to get that started. Keep me posted. Hope to see everyone in calais. Corey. Ill be the one in an arm sling haha

Posted by hollaback maine on 04-06-2010 09:45 PM:

robbyson99

Corey,
Thanks for all your support.I hope that arm will heal up soon.If you want to run your dog, bring it along and well handle him/her so you dont have to pull on that shoulder to much.thanks again.

Posted by tree garth on 04-08-2010 10:11 PM:

Bill i'll see you at the trial on the 24th...I have a few more ideas for the bear mount..ttyl Tim

Posted by hollaback maine on 04-09-2010 04:37 PM:

tree garth

sounds good Tim,we are getting signs ready now.I'm ecited to get the ball rollen.Give me a call next chance you get. thanks again.

Posted by tree garth on 04-13-2010 01:36 PM:

I hope everyone can make it on the 17th it should be a blast Hope to see you all there Tim

Posted by hollaback maine on 04-14-2010 12:17 AM:

tree garth

I sure hope so.All the clubs need a boost.I to hope that everyone attends that possibly can.I can remember when you really needed to show up quite early to find a decent parking spot.Maybe this year we can get everyone excited enough to go a little beyond and really enter lots of dogs.Without club members we'll all have to travel a long way to go to a event.we have it bad enough with the very few clubs in Maine now.The ? on the big game issue will be adressed at our first event on the24 of this month and we'll see if that is the direction we want to go.That subject really seems to spark alot of interest.Let's just hope for lots of folks and a nice day.

Posted by hollaback maine on 04-23-2010 09:45 PM:

Downeast houndsmen assn.

Hope to see you all at the events tomorrow.All the preperations are done and were all hopeing for a great turnout.Best of luck to all involved.