UKC Forums
Show all 14 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- which tracking system (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928341352)

Posted by Jimmy Miller on 10-05-2013 01:25 PM:

which tracking system

I was wondering which tracking system to get agarmin or one that goes beep beep

Countryboyjlm@yahoo.com
Jimmy Miller
Pink Hill,NC

Posted by john Duemmer on 10-05-2013 01:47 PM:

Kinda like asking which mode of transportation?
New pickup or horse and buggy.

Posted by Cry Tough Blues on 10-05-2013 03:29 PM:

If my new pickup was garmin quality I would stick with my old one
Mark

Posted by roger wickerham on 10-05-2013 04:48 PM:

if you need the hole package like i did (e-collar and tracker)the alpha 100 has been working real good for me

Posted by Surveyor on 10-06-2013 02:41 AM:

Both! Love the garmin and rarely ever use the beep beep anymore, BUT my dogs are equiped with both because years ago, I dug a dog out of a buried tile and the beep beep pin pointed his location underground. Best U could get out of a garmin in that situation would be where he entered the tile and in my case he was nearly a half mile from where he entered!

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Posted by wings on 10-06-2013 03:45 AM:

Re: which tracking system

quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Miller
I was wondering which tracking system to get agarmin or one that goes beep beep
HI IN THE LAST 45 YEARS I HAD A LOT IT SEEMS LIKE I HAD THEM ALL .MY OLD GARMIN STOPPED WORKING .AND MONEY WAS TIGHT SO I GOT A TAGG TRACKER IT COMES UP RIGHT ON MY PHONE AND WEN I AM OUT HUNTING MY COMPUTER AT HOME NOS EVERY STEP I TOOK THAT NIGHT AND
THE DOG I CAN PRINT IT OUT I HAVE IT FOR TOW DOGS AND COST ABOUT 99.00 EACH I THINK IT IS THE BEST TRACKER OF THEM ALL GPS AT ITS BEST

Posted by kenney Clark on 10-06-2013 01:11 PM:

modern technology. is the best. Garmin has already put some tracking system companys out of business. the garmin has sure saved me a lot of walking !! and can save your dogs life . they get close to a road, there is no beep beep system gonna show you that. once a person knows how to use a garmin system , I mean use it right, and understand how it works , there is none better. at least the 320 and the alpha. Garmin gave coonhunting a major boost. and really has been the best tool to a coonhunter ever .

RIP - GR.NT.CH. , PKC CH. AKC NT.CH. SPIDERMAN SAM.

Contact Kenney Clark - 330-738-3019 CELL- 330-205 3299

Posted by garminguru on 10-06-2013 03:36 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Cry Tough Blues
If my new pickup was garmin quality I would stick with my old one
Mark

You have to learn to drive that new vehicle before getting behind the wheel!

Posted by Cry Tough Blues on 10-06-2013 06:53 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by garminguru
You have to learn to drive that new vehicle before getting behind the wheel!

Just my opinion guru, I know all products have their fanboys. The 220 has let me down at 800 yards more than my 15 year old wildlife materials tracker has

Posted by pamjohnson on 10-06-2013 07:18 PM:

I hear Verizon has a tracking system. I don't no anything about it other than u can track them on ur ph.

Posted by duke20002000 on 10-06-2013 07:20 PM:

sportdog gps

Dont forget about them.
GPS dont work if your in bad area
Beepbeep will

Warrens Midnight Ryder.

Call 517-219-5556

Posted by hootowlman on 10-06-2013 10:20 PM:

Just my 2 cents.....But I have coon hunted since I was 12 and I'm 36 now. The old beep beep trackers are alright and I have had a many of them. While using them in the hills of eastern ky I have left a many of dog in the hills overnight because I couldn't find them and sometimes loose them for a week or so. Also I have walked my a$$ off to get to a treed dog to find out there was a road near them. I have been using the garmin 220 and dc 40 setup for almost a year now and I have not had to leave a dog in the hills since I bought it. Also with the map card in the garmin It has saved me A LOT of walking and I mean A LOT!!!!! Do they drop signal at times? yep they do but I can ALWAYS find them with the garmin. With the beep beep I can't say that. If mine breaks today I will buy another one before my dogs go back into the woods.......Its like comparing a sports car to a soap box car.....

Posted by GA DAWG on 10-07-2013 12:38 AM:

Id quit probably if you took my garmin away.

Posted by Scary Creek on 10-07-2013 01:06 AM:

unless you buy a used beep beeper than go with a garmin 100 % a new beep beep system cost same as a garmin . I figured the telemetry trackers will lower their prices to compete but seems like they haven't , and some have suffered the cost of going under ,,,

Nite Champion R & B's Hogback Boyd HTX
Nite Champion Bell Mountain Buster
Nite Champion Show Ch Bell Mountain Megan
( 2012 WV Governor's Cup Hunt Champion )

- Use and Recommend Anthony’s Dog Supply -