UKC Forums Pages (2): « 1 [2]
Show all 32 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- BIG GAME dogs (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=5385)

Posted by Ray Stein on 10-03-2003 12:03 AM:

Jesse, Bullet when I hunted with him was a outstanding rig, start and track and treedog, he goes back to a outstanding cross that Dale Brandenburger made by crossing his Tyler dog to Candy a littermate sister to Joe Boy. I won't ever forget him, just was sorta defending a old friend that get misaligned alot.

Bullet yes he's a Bear dog for sure, Thanks for reminding me. Lots of good blood in him for sure, Bob Beck bred up that cross.

Posted by Blackdog on 10-03-2003 12:12 AM:

Ray

Hey no big deal I was wanting to give Bob's dog a plug thats all

Jesse

Posted by Ray Stein on 10-03-2003 12:24 AM:

Jesse, no problem, glad you reminded me. Our young dogs did well in Wisconsin on Bear this year two of our young males just turned 1 were in on 5 kills and did well one staying longer each time and one staying in all the way after his first kill. There out of my old Drum dog and a littermate sister to Dave Barricks Rooster dog. They killed alot of nice bear one weighin in at almost 485 dressed, and I know Steve Fielder said that his buddy killed a monster up there somewhere, too bad Bear season with hounds closed the 30th so there all done and bear were moving everywhere, never seen so many bear and tracks as there.

Posted by Blackdog on 10-03-2003 12:47 AM:

Ray

We have been doing pretty good down here. Put some up and bayed up a real nice one, a couple of weeks ago.

Season opens up on the 13th. Can't wait.

Alan got back from the UP over the weekend. He lost a real nice young hound to a big bruin. I am thinking of bringing up some of my more experianced dogs and helping him out in a few weeks.

Thats if we can get one early on. My wife wants one real bad this year. So I will let her take the first one we think is good. The weather better hold out.

Jesse

Posted by Ray Stein on 10-03-2003 01:39 AM:

Jesse I hate to hear of Alans bad luck, tell him I send my regrets, knowing a little about him he knows its part of the game, when you hunt Plotts with grit you loose dogs anyone whom don't want vet bills don't hunt plotts! Good luck in NC and Michigan.

Posted by HEAVY on 10-03-2003 01:46 PM:

I give up.

Im starting a new post. This is exactley what I didnt want to happen.

I got nothin against plotts I just dont want any!!! Is that ok?

I just want to know what lines of Blue, English, B&T, or Walker to look at if I take a fancy to one.
Notice I didnt say Red. Dont want one of them ether. Big deal.
That ok?
I mentioned them because somebody always trys to shove them down a guys throat and I didnt want that. There is also plenty of info posted on them in plott bigame question last week.

Thanks to bearhunter,redtick,pete,boby,cp,pwc for ansers.

Posted by Samhain on 10-03-2003 02:52 PM:

You might want to try the Shadetree message board,there always seems to be alot of big game hunters on there.
exit201.com/shadetree/