UKC Forums
Show all 19 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Big Game Hunting (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=36)
-- Bobcat Hounds & PA (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=231180)

Posted by Amos & Buster on 09-29-2008 07:29 PM:

Bobcat Hounds & PA

I was lucky enough to draw a tag for the 08 season and would like to harvest my bobcat over hounds. I hunt blueticks and would like to arrange a hunt for later this fall / winter. If anyone knows of anyone or is interested in taking me along, that would be great. Thanks for the help...Jesse

Posted by CasB on 09-30-2008 05:07 PM:

Jesse,
Where are you located in NEPA? We have several tags in our group and might have a dog or two that will run a cat. PM me your number - we'll have to discuss further.

Cas

Posted by tsizemore on 09-30-2008 06:30 PM:

hounds

when did pa start allowing dogs on bobcats when i lived there it was just to trap them

Posted by SNOWSHOERUN on 10-09-2008 02:40 AM:

I guide for cats with hounds. Let me know if your interested.

Posted by Budd Denny on 10-09-2008 01:26 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by SNOWSHOERUN
I guide for cats with hounds. Let me know if your interested.

Who I think it is?

Posted by SNOWSHOERUN on 10-10-2008 08:49 PM:

It may be.

Posted by Budd Denny on 10-13-2008 01:53 PM:

Hey Dan, did your buddy ever find a replacement dog.

Posted by Amos & Buster on 10-14-2008 07:32 PM:

Snowshoerun

I might be interested in a guided hunt if I cant't arrange to hunt with some folks a friend of mine hunts with...What do you have to offer?
Thanks,
Jesse

Posted by SNOWSHOERUN on 10-15-2008 02:56 AM:

I run strictly cats with my hounds. I guide cat hunters and have 1 hunter booked and 2 others wanting to book. If things don't work out let me know. I'm on the guide list.

Posted by pavarmit on 11-11-2008 11:37 AM:

I hunt with casb we are in Lackawanna county. We run bobcats from time to time. We have a couple treeing dogs cas has plotts and i have blueticks. But we also run them with foxhounds. We have never had a tree but we have run lots of cats seems like the cats here don't tree to easilly.

Posted by SNOWSHOERUN on 11-11-2008 07:20 PM:

There's a big difference in a hound that can bark on a cat track and one that has the brains to keep a cat going and the speed to put it in a tree or catch it on the ground. That's why a guy may go through many hounds before he has a good cathound. It is also why cathounds bring big dollars.

Posted by pavarmit on 11-11-2008 10:11 PM:

I understand what you mean snowshoe i just bought 6yr old female bluetick that is a cat hound she runs coon a little but the guy got rid of her because she liked cats more and would run the heck out of one. So will see i'd like to drop her on the ground before deer season and see how she hunts.

Posted by Smokey bear on 11-21-2008 07:57 AM:

if

you will bring your cat dogs to ky i will put you in some of the best private land you ever ran a cat on.FREE LONG AS I CAN HUNT WITH YOU .i coon hunt my dogs will not run cat.ask 4 david 606-738-4935 it is in ky

Posted by Amos & Buster on 12-11-2008 07:28 PM:

Update...

Anybody have any success yet this year? Deer season ends Saturday and I'm hopeful I will have the oppertunity to tag along on a cat hunt or coyote chase.
Jesse

Posted by pavarmit on 12-11-2008 09:16 PM:

Cas and I had a chase and with my one dog after i got here i don't know where it went but ended with a 3am phone call from the police

Posted by Amos & Buster on 12-12-2008 02:43 PM:

Hello

Are you guys planning on hunting this Sunday? I would be interested in tagging along. If not this weekend, then definitely next weekend if you wouldn't mind.
Jesse

Posted by pavarmit on 12-12-2008 07:42 PM:

i think we might hunt next weekend i think are group still has to get in touch with eachother

Posted by Amos & Buster on 01-05-2009 07:26 PM:

Any luck this weekend? I was hopeing to make it back up this past weekend but I lost my hunting license(s) rabbit hunting with the beagels on New Years Day. Jesse

Posted by pavarmit on 01-05-2009 10:21 PM:

some guys hunted all week or atleast there was a group everyday and they ran maybe 4 or 5 cats and killed a 25lb female on new years day. other than that it no one got a glimpse of the others we ran a yote 6 hrs on saturday just never came close enough 3 or 4 times it was 150 yds out there.