UKC Forums
Show all 7 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Lepto (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928498686)

Posted by CHRIS PARKS on 01-19-2018 11:31 PM:

Lepto

I have just herd of lepto and was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with a dog that had or after they have had it

Posted by hmbdog1 on 01-20-2018 06:13 PM:

Lepto deadly stuff.

Its a separate shot for puppies and dogs.I personally lost entire liter that was as big and healthy as any pups I have raised.If you mess with dogs long enough you'll come up against about anything.The pups were in one pen together I had a good size water pan not tall but big around I was out of town a couple days came home found a dead lizard in the water bowl didn't give it two thoughts just thru it out gave the pups fresh water and rolled on.A few days later pups started dropping like flies.lost the whole liter in 3 to 4 days so any 12 day virus gestation period goes up in flames tried to save last few at the vet to no avail.If you have Toads Frogs Lizards any where round your pens watch out, my dogs and pups get a Lepto shot along with all the other vaccinations.Hope this helps you some.

Posted by J&HB&T on 01-20-2018 10:37 PM:

I get the shot for all of my dogs. Had one drop dead on me and my aunt got a autopsy done and it was LEPTO. The same deal found a dead frog one eve cleaned out bucket he died a few days later. So now I just get everyone vaccinated.

No one came, except God
When I needed a breath to rise, from my sleep
No one could help me.. except God

When all I saw was sadness, and I needed answers
No one heard me, except God
So when I'm asked.. who I give my unconditional love to?
I look for no other name, except God”
Tupac Shakur 1971-1996

Posted by D Valentine on 01-21-2018 03:41 AM:

Had one get it. Vet gave me a couple different type of antibiotics and told me to keep it away from all other dogs for a few months. Also told me to bleach where the dog was and to not put another dog there for a year or more. He pulled through but it was real tough on him. Got everything else a vaccine for it immediately too. Be sure to bleach and clean every where they might have urinated when they had it. You can also catch it so be very careful

Posted by CHRIS PARKS on 01-21-2018 05:07 AM:

I don't think he has it know I just got the dog and had herd that he had a bad case of it awhile back and was wondering what might be some side effects if any after they had it thanks for all the information you all have been giving

Posted by Donnie Stevens on 01-21-2018 05:27 AM:

Bad lepto outbreak up here in and around the cities according to the news. They are blaming it on urine from all the displaced rats due to construction projects.

Posted by Autumn Clements on 01-22-2018 01:56 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Bad lepto outbreak up here in and around the cities according to the news. They are blaming it on urine from all the displaced rats due to construction projects.

I heard that too on the news. I’m pretty sure lepto must be what Candy died of, from what I remember Corey telling me about what killed her.

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE