UKC Forums
Show all 2 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Good Luck World Hunt Particpants (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928532814)

Posted by Allen / UKC on 09-15-2020 08:11 PM:

Good Luck World Hunt Particpants

Time for last-minute prepping is nearly upon us. The World Championship is an exciting time of year for all of us. The anticipation is always up there. For Trevor and myself, we envy those of you that have dogs in the hunt, but we will enjoy watching from the sidelines.

This year, Trevor will be doing most of the cast breakdowns and results each night. Notice the participating dogs entered in each zone in stuck to the top of this forum. It looks like a cluster right now but when Trevor gets the cast breakdown results in from the officials, it will look much cleaner. He'll post all the cast breakdowns after the draw on Friday. I'd expect he should have that info between 7 & 8 pm each day.

Posting these results on the forum will be more customer friendly when it comes to your viewing pleasure. He has saved the top two posts in each of the threads for updates as they come in to him. Feel free to make your picks, wish your buddies well, etc.

We'd also like to ask everyone to consider what you post that is based on hearsay and second-hand information throughout the weekend. It seems every year there's always a few things that can get out of whack in a hurry when theories and opinions are based on second-hand and one-sided accounts. It's human nature to believe everything you hear but it can also make one look like a fool when we make conclusions based without accounts of all involved. It happens to often regardless of the event or the registry. Sometimes to the point of only hurting the sport. Just something to consider that we would really appreciate for the sake of everyone.

This year we have a couple official changes due to personal health precautions and another one with immediate family health issues. So, Elba Neat and Wendell Bond will be sitting out this year. Past Field Rep Tony ford will work the Quincy, MI zone, which is where I will be to help him out. Jamie Estep will work the Fairplan, WV zone. Both are very capable of handling the hunt and will have Trevor or myself to lean on, if needed.

It's been quite the year but at least we get to run the World Hunt this year. Best wishes to each owner and handler. Stay safe and have a great weekend at the Zones!

Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-18-2020 02:51 PM:

Tell Trevor to call those MOH's today and tell them to get those winners called in asap. Sometimes in the past, they have been under the impression that they shouldn't call results in until every cast was back. Even if they don't post scores, they could post winners.