UKC Forums
Show all 15 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Horses and Coon dogs (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928539659)

Posted by Dave Richards on 06-28-2021 02:45 AM:

Horses and Coon dogs

Definitely a way to spend a lot of money and get nothing but pleasure in return. Lol. I would not change a thing, even though both hobbies cost me a small fortune. It's a labor of love for those who enjoy both sports, you sure will pay for both sports. Virginia State Championship Horse Show was this weekend, Friday and Saturday nights. My lovely wife showed both nights and never placed below 2nd place, Blue ribbons and Red for second place. She was very pleased to win at this level of competition. They had a 3 judge panel for every class and one judge had her first in every class she entered, she was delighted. She got into showing horses late in life and has more than paid her dues in the Show Ring. She is showing a top registered saddlebred that she loves very much, both pleasure riding and showing in the ring. I am so very proud of both the horse and my wife. Please excuse the bragging, I just could not help myself. Dave

Posted by wart on 06-28-2021 03:14 AM:

Dogs

Always good to compete at state and national level with any type of livestock ,horses etc.

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 06-28-2021 04:21 AM:

Tell your wife congrats!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Posted by Rex Ridge on 06-28-2021 04:51 AM:

Congrats!!
We have 4 Redbones, 3 horses and my husband loves hunting and unfortunately, he's pretty good at it so we spend lots of $ at the taxidermist. Most of the time, we consider it money well spent.
I love trail riding. I rode 105 miles this month. We're not competing with the dogs, if I'm not riding in rattle snake areas, I take one of the dogs with me. I think all of them, but Ruby would rather be a trail dog than a coondog now.

Posted by Dave Richards on 06-28-2021 05:30 AM:

Wart, Jen Cummings and Rex Ridge

Thanks to each of you for your post, Jen, I will certainly tell my wife you said congratulations. She sure has earned these accolades and has come a long way in her riding skills. Saddlebreds are a "little" highstrung and it takes a pretty good rider to handle them properly in the Show Ring. The horse she is showing now has all the tools needed to win at every level and my wife is competing mostly against male riders with way more experience. She started out just content to show, but has worked hard to be competitive every time she shows. Just like coon hunting you have to have a capable animal and a capable handler to win consistently. This horse is a pleasure to ride on trails and in the Show Ring. She loves this horse and no amount of money can buy her. I know the feeling with my coon dogs, the really good ones can not be bought. Forgive my bragging, but I was just so happy for my wife and her horse. Dave

Posted by Bruce m. Conkey on 06-28-2021 11:49 AM:

Enjoy your Horses and Dogs. I enjoyed reading your post!

Posted by Dave Richards on 06-28-2021 05:39 PM:

Bruce Conkey

Thanks Bruce, I really enjoy your posts. We do enjoy these horses and I enjoy my coon dogs. You can not put a PRICE on the pleasure and fun one gets from these animals. Dave

Posted by Ronman on 06-28-2021 07:18 PM:

Congratulations to your wife. Being competitive isn’t easy in either venture. She deserves to be bragged about.

Posted by Donnie Stevens on 06-28-2021 07:58 PM:

Dave maybe she needs a coon dog

Posted by Eric Piatt on 06-29-2021 01:52 AM:

Dave please tell your wife I said congrats on a great weekend! No matter our craft we only get out what we put in to it and it's sounds like she has done just that and deserves the recognition you are giving her.

Posted by Dave Richards on 06-29-2021 04:21 AM:

Bruce, Ronman, Eric , Ron and Donnie

Thanks a bunch you guys, I gave the compliments you all have expressed and she was delighted and Sid to Thank everyone. Yes, she has worked very hard to get to this level, she has a full time job and has to work her horse in when she can, it's not like she works horses full time like some folks can. I never like bragging as a rule, but she deserved this one. Dave

Posted by Dave Richards on 06-29-2021 04:25 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Dave maybe she needs a coon dog

Lol. I got her into the horses, but don't think I can get her into the coon dogs. Now she does not mind me hunting, as her Dad was a big time coonhunter. He and I hunted a lot before he passed away, I miss him a lot. Dave

Posted by Larry Hall on 07-06-2021 02:19 PM:

Congrats.. The level of commitment it takes to compete at a high level is considerable.. You both should be proud!!

I love horses and coon dogs, but the horses I really love at someone else's house!! Too old and fat to climb up on one anymore, takes way too long to heal!!

Posted by Dave Richards on 07-06-2021 03:57 PM:

Larry Hall

Thanks Larry, I really appreciate the complement . Dave

Posted by Ralph Williams on 07-07-2021 02:46 AM:

Congratulations to your wife she earned it!!👍