UKC Forums
Show all 8 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=56)
-- !!Hound Breeding!! (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928526301)

Posted by BawlinBlues on 01-15-2020 06:10 AM:

!!Hound Breeding!!

Just for fun,what was the breeding of the best blueticks u owned?dont have to name hounds just breeding.

mine- hound had hammer and smokey river

other.hound had jet and smokey river

Coty Strannahan

Posted by Kenbev on 01-15-2020 11:52 AM:

Best crosses

Vaughn/Bragg

Posted by nextcoonhunters on 01-15-2020 02:15 PM:

Hopefully ain't had mine yet

Hopefully the best is yet to come. But
Anything from 3/4 Smokey River x Utchman to 3/4 Utchman x Smokey River.
But have I have Rivers that's out of Boomer x Sadie ( Turkey Creek) she not for sale.
Buggs is 3/4 Utchman and a 1/4 Smokey River. But time will tell on him. Some nights not for sale, other nights dig a grave. Lol
But I ain't for or against any blood. Cut them dogs loose and let's hunt. To many people brag at the truck and than make excuses after they've cut. Dogs are just dogs. Cut em loose and see what they can do. Than we'll talk blood.

Posted by redbone5 on 01-15-2020 02:48 PM:

Breeding

Smokey River - Utchman !!

Posted by rustydonley on 01-15-2020 02:55 PM:

Breeding

Jet and Hammer! Smokey River Blue Diamond Jim!

Posted by BluBritches on 01-15-2020 04:30 PM:

Barn dogs

Most won't know the name or the line but in my teenage years I made my money following a pair of Carl Wilcox's stock
And no they didnt need each other to GET IT DONE
They was brothers but had different hunting styles but regardless of which one you cut you was bringing the fur home
Never comp hunted them

Posted by Redneckbluetick on 01-16-2020 03:30 PM:

Started out hunting the old Smokey river dogs of Warren Haslour. Sage, Rambler, and Diamond Jim crossed with The Vaughn bred dogs of Elbert Vaughn. In my opinion this the cream of the crop when I started hunting Blueticks. Right now I am hunting Utchman dogs with a little bit of Smokey river. I especially like Gary Utchman line because he still breeds for a balanced coon dog. As I see the Bluetick breed right now we have plenty of tree power to compete in the hunts but I think we need be careful not to lose the nose and tracking ability, voice that the blues were noted for.

Posted by wakenda creek b on 01-17-2020 11:57 PM:

Rambo and Treein Blue(Russ’ Downing) blood.