UKC Forums
Show all 17 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- R.f. Dicky (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=17919)

Posted by OAKRIDGE ENGLISH KENNELS on 03-20-2004 11:12 PM:

R.f. Dicky

is there anyone out there that knows how to get ahold
of rolland dicky any info would be welcomed

Posted by ERIC W MUELLER on 03-21-2004 01:20 AM:

All i can say is good luck if you do get his phone #. Redtick might know how to get ahold of him.

Posted by John Ferrari on 03-21-2004 10:09 AM:

I had RF Dickey phone number at one time. I called him to thank him for all he did for the English Breed.
I was kinda shocked when he told me coonhunting for him was in the past and that he really did not want to talk coonhunting much anymore.
I feel it is a shame becasue he has helped the breed, but he told me that I seemed like a nice person, but he would appreciate if I would not call him and talk dogs. I only called him maybe twice a year.
Still I thanked him for his work for the English Breed.
You can call him, but maybe he has changed.
The Junior dogs and RF Dickey helped the English breed. I wish I could change his mind. and that is one of the reason I tried to call him to get him back in hunting.
Good Luck. RF Dickey seemed like a nice person. but he has lost interest in coonhunting.
JOhn Ferrari

Posted by Redtick on 03-21-2004 01:03 PM:

R.F. Dickey wasn't satisfied until he had the very best coondog in the country and proved it. After it was proven with Junior, Sandy, and Blue Boy Red, he seemed to have lost interest. I have tried to maintain the strain of English R.F. and Hank Horne built but I have always been more interested in breeding good English than competition hunting. I do feel like I have maintained the strain and have a young dog that is being competed with that has all 3 dogs with Timberstar Buck up about as close as you can get these days without a bunch of other stuff being outcrossed into the line. I think R.F. and Hank Horne made a big contribution to the English breed. I hope to maintain the line they started as long as I can breed dogs. I don't know how to contact R.F., I have met him but we never became close friends.

Posted by OAKRIDGE ENGLISH KENNELS on 03-21-2004 05:19 PM:

rf dicky

thanks for your input i just wonderd if he still hunted or
had dog in the hunts.
it is truly a loss to the english breed !
to r.f dicky god bless and good luck .

Posted by Alabamaredtick on 03-22-2004 12:46 AM:

i dont no his number but he lives down here close to me might be in the phone book

Posted by Alabamaredtick on 03-22-2004 12:48 AM:

he dont have no dogs no more he dont coon hunt or nothin no more wish he did tho all me dogs go back to jr and blue boy red

Posted by mourningdove on 05-18-2012 06:28 PM:

My father is R.F. Dickey

I found this thread and it really warms my heart to read the thoughts of others on his accomplishments. My father passed away from heart complications on December 19, 2010. He was an avid hunter up to the day he passed away. While he no longer hunted coon dogs, he had several very special quail dogs. He led hunts on a quail reserve he had set up on some leased land. I think everyone that knew and loved him will find peace knowing that he passed away after full weekend of being in the woods, doing what he loved and what he was good at.

Posted by smokin-1-mo on 05-18-2012 08:05 PM:

WOW,HATE TO HER THAT R.F.DICKEY IS A NAME I HAVE NONE SINCE I WAS A KID ALONG TIME AGO...HE DID HAVE A BIG IMPACT ON THE ENGLISH BREED...OFTEN WONDERED WHY HE STOPPED COON HUNTING....

Posted by GayleFlowers on 05-18-2012 08:49 PM:

Re: My father is R.F. Dickey

quote:
Originally posted by mourningdove
I found this thread and it really warms my heart to read the thoughts of others on his accomplishments. My father passed away from heart complications on December 19, 2010. He was an avid hunter up to the day he passed away. While he no longer hunted coon dogs, he had several very special quail dogs. He led hunts on a quail reserve he had set up on some leased land. I think everyone that knew and loved him will find peace knowing that he passed away after full weekend of being in the woods, doing what he loved and what he was good at.

There is another thread on here some place several comments the thread was Dec. 2010 thought maybe you wanted to do a search for it.

Posted by englishbuddy on 05-18-2012 08:54 PM:

Call Charles Taylor Sr. 251-463-2597 .... I talked to Mr Taylor some 6 or 8 months ago and he said Roland was not doing well .... Mr Taylor used to hunt dogs for Roland and do you guys remember a female named Gray and Taylors Sandy ???? Roland was an avid quail hunter and a great skeet shooter.

Posted by Buckshot on 05-18-2012 08:57 PM:

Re: Re: My father is R.F. Dickey

quote:
Originally posted by GayleFlowers
There is another thread on here some place several comments the thread was Dec. 2010 thought maybe you wanted to do a search for it.

I know the thread you are referring to. It was in the English Classified section,.

I think the forum system deleted it out as after a certain period of time with no responce to a thread, it gets automatically deleted.

Posted by Dogwhisper on 05-18-2012 09:46 PM:

I had they opportunity to guide R.F.
when the ACHA World was in Goshen Ind.
mite of been the little world hunt can't remember the yr.

Nonetheless he had 2 capable hounds, that left A benchmark in my mind to
strive for.
Good hounds the type that make things happen.

I seen this thread and it brought back a good memory.
PEACE mourning dove

Posted by seth isch on 05-19-2012 12:09 AM:

rf dickey

HE SHOULD BE IN THE ENGLISH HALL OF FAME!!!! HANDS DOWN... SETH

——————————————————
GRNTCH RED RUBY HARDTIME JAKE
GRNTCH PKC CH BIG HOLLOW AWESOME LEXUS
GRNTCH HARDTIME HADDIE
CH PR HIGH VOLTAGE ROCKSY

Posted by smokin-1-mo on 05-19-2012 12:13 AM:

Re: rf dickey

quote:
Originally posted by seth isch
HE SHOULD BE IN THE ENGLISH HALL OF FAME!!!! HANDS DOWN... SETH

I THINK MOST WOULD AGREE.....

Posted by Nelson Kirkland on 05-19-2012 10:51 PM:

Years ago I hunted with PacMan and Dickeys Old Sandy on a pleasure hunt in Northern Indiana. Never in my lifetime have I ever heard 2 dogs with as loud of mouth as those two did. Old Sandy was the loudest female I ever hunted with. PacMan the loudest male. Old Sandy stayed treed well that night. REAL WELL.

Neither dog had any Lipper in them!

I wonder what would cause Mr Dickey to quit?

Posted by DEE POWELL on 05-19-2012 11:00 PM:

There is semen off of Amos now owned by Clyde Miller ((called today and said none for sale)) and Joe semen owned by Eddy Parker.

PR’ DEE’S HARDTIME THUNDER CLOUD
RED CLOUD X SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR

DEE POWELL
509-393-5111 CELL