UKC Forums Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Show all 64 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Hunter's Blend dog food (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=406278)

Posted by pbfloyd on 02-09-2011 02:58 PM:

Hunter's Blend dog food

whats everbodys opinion on this food? good and bad lets hear it all.. i personally have had good results with this feed.. its a corn free feed.

Posted by nutman on 02-09-2011 05:17 PM:

I've been feeding it for a week now and I see nothing wrong with it so far. I need a few more weeks to make a final decision on it though. But if it keeps the dogs fat and happy during our cold Wisconsin winters I will stay with it for good. For the price you can't beat it.

Posted by Ashley Pratt on 02-09-2011 11:19 PM:

Honestly the dogs I've seen fed it looked bad. Whether it was how they were cared for as far as a warm box or not being fed enough I wasn't impressed.

Posted by Tom Gourley on 02-09-2011 11:49 PM:

How much is it? Where at in Iowa are you and where do you get yours at? I've never heard of it.

Posted by schnitzler on 02-09-2011 11:57 PM:

There was way to much cleanup for me. Dogs didn't look that good on it.

Posted by Larry Emery on 02-10-2011 12:32 AM:

Do you have anymore info on it?

Posted by Riverbottom Ron on 02-10-2011 12:58 AM:

DOG FOOD

YA KNOW GUYS AND GALS THERE ARE A LOT OF REAL GOOD DOG FOODS OUT THERE, ,ALL DOGS HAVE DIFFERENT METABOLISMS AND DIGEST THERE FOOD DIFFERENTLY THATS WHY SOME DO GOOD ON CERTAIN KINDS AND OTHERS NOT SO GOOD.SO ,IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT AND YOUR DOGS DO GOOD ON THE KIND YOU ARE USING ,THATS THE ONE TO USE ,,IM FEEDING HIGH STANDARD RIGHT NOW,I LIKE IT AND LIKE THE PRICE AS I BUY IT BY THE TON.IF SOMETHIN AS GOOD AND AS PRICED ABOUT THE SAME AND MY DOGS DO GOOD ON IT ,,THATS WHAT I WILL BE FEEDING ,,HAVE A BLESSED ONE ,,FROM THE RIVERBOTTOM ,,RON

ALWAYS REMEMBER GOD GAVE US FRIENDS AND COONHOUNDS, " I AM A GREATLY BLESSED",HIGHLY FAVORED" " IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD "KEEP YOUR {FAITH IN GOD } FAITH SEES THE INVISIBLE,BELIEVES THE INCREDIBLE,AND RECIEVES THE IMPOSSIBLE. WERE BLESSED !!

Posted by Larry Emery on 02-10-2011 02:33 AM:

protein and fat content, how about a ingredient list.

Posted by tripple river on 02-10-2011 11:14 AM:

i have fed it & will again.there is more clean up with it but the price is right.whatever dog im hunting hard will be on a different feed though.

Posted by doublehhounds on 02-10-2011 05:52 PM:

i get along good with it although i do have one dog that is allergic to something that is in it

Posted by Traxx Addict on 02-10-2011 06:34 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by pbfloyd
26% protein 18% fat.. poultry by-products meal, meat meal, broken rice, whole wheat, whey, fish meal, poultry fat, beet pulp, salt, steamed bone meal, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, choline cloride, manganous oxide, copper sulfate, vitamin a supplement, vitamin d supplement, vitamin e supplement, riboflavin supplement, biotin, folic acid, vitamin b12 supplement, and sodium selenite

poultry by products = FEATHERS

Wheat= FILLER

Basically poison and bile in a bag.

Diamond Extreme Athlete's ingredient list....
Chicken meal, chicken, brewers rice, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), egg product, cracked pearled barley, powdered cellulose, beet pulp, flaxseed, natural chicken flavor, fish meal, potassium chloride, choline chloride, glucosamine hydrochloride, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, chondroitin sulfate, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...
GRNITECH Hawk's Traxx Attack X Stylish Pete/ Wipeout Female

Posted by plentyofpossum on 02-10-2011 06:52 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Traxx Addict
poultry by products = FEATHERS

Wheat= FILLER

. [/i]

I have never known of a dog that died because it ate the neighbors chickens before. Unless that particular neighbor caught the dog in action. And by the way, feathers are a great source of protein.

Posted by Hawk32 on 02-10-2011 07:25 PM:

Shane

Is this the same as Hunters Pride.

Home of:

Grand Nite CH CH Thorson's Tree'n Blue Dutch RIP
Grand Nite CH CH Thorson's Sweet Blue Brandy RIP
Grand Nite Ch Dutch and janes blue Girl

http://dutch32ia.tripod.com/

Posted by nutman on 02-10-2011 07:45 PM:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Traxx Addict
[B]poultry by products = FEATHERS

Wheat= FILLER

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poultry_by-product_meal

Posted by bush whacker on 02-10-2011 09:30 PM:

Wow these dog food posts are never ending but they do bring out some good points mainly concerning the ingredients. Avoid if at all possible, by products, soy beans and corn. These are canines ( meat eaters) we are feeding they cannot digest protein from chicken feathers, hair ,soy beans or corn. beans and corn are digestable by humans and livestock. Not wolves coyotes or their cousins the dog.

Posted by redneckcoondog on 02-10-2011 11:24 PM:

is this the docs choice hunters blend

Posted by Traxx Addict on 02-11-2011 01:33 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by plentyofpossum
feathers are a great source of protein.

And I have some ocean front property here in Tennessee.

Dogs do not and cannot breakdown the inferior=crude protein in chicken feathers.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Posted by Traxx Addict on 02-11-2011 01:35 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by nutman
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Traxx Addict
[B]poultry by products = FEATHERS

Wheat= FILLER

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poultry_by-product_meal

Read a little closer...The only thing chicken feathers and poultry by products contribute to dog feed is it allows the dog food company to deceive people by telling them their dog feed has 26% protein.

YOUR DOG CANNOT BREAKDOWN PROTEIN EFFICIENTLY FROM CHICKEN FEATHERS.

LESS THAN 1/5 OF THE PROTEIN IN FEATHERS MAKES IT INTO YOUR DOGS SYSTEM. THE REST IS CRAPPED OUT THEIR REAR END AND WASTED.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Posted by cbrigham on 02-11-2011 02:00 AM:

This feed is just fine. I know of dogs that lived to be old dogs eating this feed. My buddies feed there bear dogs this feed and they hunt the hair off these dogs and hell of alot harder then and coon dog ever is. I would not be scared of it one bit.

641-326-2200

Posted by nutman on 02-11-2011 02:37 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Traxx Addict
Read a little closer...The only thing chicken feathers and poultry by products contribute to dog feed is it allows the dog food company to deceive people by telling them their dog feed has 26% protein.

YOUR DOG CANNOT BREAKDOWN PROTEIN EFFICIENTLY FROM CHICKEN FEATHERS.

LESS THAN 1/5 OF THE PROTEIN IN FEATHERS MAKES IT INTO YOUR DOGS SYSTEM. THE REST IS CRAPPED OUT THEIR REAR END AND WASTED.

Poultry by-product meal is a high-protein commodity used as a major component in some pet foods. It is made from grinding clean, rendered parts of poultry carcasses and can contain bones, offal and undeveloped eggs, but only contains feathers that are unavoidable in the processing of the poultry parts

Did you read the word unavoidable ????????????

Posted by plentyofpossum on 02-11-2011 01:09 PM:

Nutman- traxx thinks he's always right. And nobody is gonna change his mind.

I will say it again, I have never known of a dog that died of eating a chicken, and there are some "unavoidable" feathers going to be eaten.

Posted by wayne on 02-11-2011 02:30 PM:

hunters doesn't contain feathers but one of the higher priced food does just soak in water if there is feathers in it you will see them.
wheat filler? alldog food has filler in it however most dog alergies come from wheat and wheat gluten.

I would rather live
my life as if there is a God,
cell phone 607 316 8667
And die to find out
there isn't, than live my life

As if there isn't,
and die to find out there is

Posted by Traxx Addict on 02-12-2011 02:52 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by nutman
Poultry by-product meal is a high-protein commodity used as a major component in some pet foods. It is made from grinding clean, rendered parts of poultry carcasses and can contain bones, offal and undeveloped eggs, but only contains feathers that are unavoidable in the processing of the poultry parts

Did you read the word unavoidable ????????????

Nutman.... Do you really want to feed your dog rendered, or "boiled down" rotted ,dead animal carcasses??

Quit telling lies and being dishonest with people.

I work for one of the largest poultry companies in the world. We sell TRUCKLOAD AFTER TRUCKLOAD of wet feathers that goes straight to the largest dog food ingredient company in the country. They sell it by the pound to the dog food companies to add to their mix.

Poultry meal is the scraps trimmed off of salvaged carcasses and guts. Guts and parts that contain Coccieliosis , Dermititus, and other infected cuts and abrasions that the USDA finds unacceptable for human consumption.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Posted by Traxx Addict on 02-12-2011 02:54 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by plentyofpossum
Nutman- traxx thinks he's always right. And nobody is gonna change his mind.

I will say it again, I have never known of a dog that died of eating a chicken, and there are some "unavoidable" feathers going to be eaten.

Possum..Wake up and pay attention.... No one said a dog dies from eating a chicken. We are discussion CORN BASED JUNK FEED. Most Junk feeds use feathers and corn as the protein base for their feed formula.

***TEAM TRAXX***

PUPS FOR SALE...

Posted by bluff country on 02-12-2011 04:03 AM:

Traxx , reread the first post . What part of c o r n f r e e ( I typed real slow for you ) don't you understand ?