UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 28 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- VALBAZEN (wormer) (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=307727)

Posted by JeremyBayless on 10-23-2009 01:58 AM:

VALBAZEN (wormer)

VALBAZEN (wormer) This stuff is JUNK
I just gave a youth a young dog 11month male in hopes she would make something of the dog Hes been thin since I got him and thought it was just the way he was (never seen any worms)
Well I guess she took him to the vet and he has worms bad I guess Ill be finding something else to worm my dogs with.
This really bothers me because it makes me look like I dont take care of my dogs and if you ask my wife I spend to much time with the dogs in fact I just finished a 3 day worming 2day
Is there something out there that REALLY WORKS Ive used Ivomec too and didnt really care for it either
Like most everyone I dont want to spend a ton of money to worm my dogs if I can help it but I want something that works

(937)214-5142
BIG_Country_kennels@yahoo.com

Posted by Jonathan Crump on 10-23-2009 02:22 AM:

Why didnt you like Ivomec ? I use it and my dogs are clean of worms when tested.

Posted by patches9452 on 10-23-2009 02:35 AM:

valbazen

how much did you give

Posted by JeremyBayless on 10-23-2009 02:52 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Crump
Why didnt you like Ivomec ? I use it and my dogs are clean of worms when tested.

Never saw worms but had them tested and they were full of them.

(937)214-5142

Posted by JeremyBayless on 10-23-2009 02:58 AM:

Re: valbazen

quote:
Originally posted by patches9452
how much did you give

I give 1cc per 10 pounds but 3days in a row most of my dogs are over 50pounds so i usually gave 6cc

(937)214-5142

Posted by Jonathan Crump on 10-23-2009 03:02 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by JeremyBayless
Never saw worms but had them tested and they were full of them.

was this with Ivomec or the valbazen ???????????

Posted by Jim Hill on 10-23-2009 03:05 AM:

never had a problem with it at all

Been following these walker dogs since 1983,and love every min of it !!!!

http://minnesotastatecoonhunters.webs.com/

Use SunSpot Lights, so bright its like the sun came out at night !!!

Posted by dual walkers on 10-23-2009 03:49 AM:

wormer

ive used valbazen for years. its good and never had a problem.. i use it on puppies. give little puppies around 2 to 3 cc . use the pills from vet on grown dogs two times a year. in spring and fall it cost 20.00 bucks but well worth it ../ good worming and purina pro plan peformance feed you can hunt and work them all you want and they stay in excellent shape..

CANYON CREEK KENNEL owner Steve Randolph, [home of top hunting and show treeing walker coon-hounds] THE PROUD HOME OF 2007 A.C.H.A. WORLD SHOW CHAMPION /UKC & AKC OPPOSITE SEX WORLD SHOW CHAMPION. 2006 BEST IN SHOW WINNER AT UKC, PREMIER. 2010 NATIONAL GRAND CHAMPION WALKER. 2010 OVERALL BROOD FEMALE WINNER.. AT AUTUMN OAKS.. [CCH.GRCH.HILLTOP LITTLE TAMMY]

Posted by JeremyBayless on 10-23-2009 04:06 AM:

wormer

Dont quote me on this but I belive a friend of mine also had a problem with VALBAZEN he sold a dog and it was full of wip worms.
I had this problem with the IVOMEC too it wasnt killing the worms
I was giving two full syringes 6cc for dogs that weigh around 45-55 pounds 3 days in a row with both Valbazen and Ivomec

(937)214-5142

Posted by PlottChaser on 10-23-2009 12:08 PM:

Re: wormer

quote:
Originally posted by JeremyBayless
I had this problem with the IVOMEC too it wasnt killing the worms
I was giving two full syringes 6cc for dogs that weigh around 45-55 pounds 3 days in a row with both Valbazen and Ivomec

That's a heck of a lot of Ivomec.

Hunting is one of those pleasures that you won't understand if you have to have it explained, which is good because folks who enjoy it can't fully explain why. -Ron Spomer

Posted by pigsit on 10-23-2009 01:04 PM:

Re: Re: wormer

quote:
Originally posted by PlottChaser
That's a heck of a lot of Ivomec.
OK, Ivomec won't get whips and it won't get rounds, I don't care how much you give them, volume in wormers isn't the answer. Every wormer is specific for certain worms; take a fresh stool sample to your vet, have them "float" it and buy the wormer specific for the worms he has. Unless you have a serious round worm infestation or tapes you won't see any worms in the stool and when you do the infestation is severe. It sometimes amazes me that hunters will have a dog worth a thousand dollars, a twenty thousand dollar pu to hunt out of, a three hundred dollar light, hundred and fifty dollar boots, etc and won't spend thirty dollars at the vet to keep their hound worm free. Just my opinion. Tom

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Posted by Blue Ice on 10-23-2009 01:26 PM:

I have never

had a problem with Valbazen. It has always worked with my hounds. I worm them out once a month 1 cc per 10lbs as you said. My dogs are worm free. Me honestly I like the stuff.

Home of 'GRNTCH 'GRCH PR' Aaron's Hidden Meadows Blue Max (Bluetick)
Gone But Not Forgotten 6/25/15

NiteCh Dalton's Fathead Coonsmoker Ace (English) Gone but not Forgotten

CH'NiteCh'PR' LoneTree Subzero (Walker) Gone but Not Forgotton 5/25/14

Posted by JeremyBayless on 10-23-2009 03:55 PM:

Re: Re: Re: wormer

quote:
Originally posted by pigsit
OK, Ivomec won't get whips and it won't get rounds, I don't care how much you give them, volume in wormers isn't the answer. Every wormer is specific for certain worms; take a fresh stool sample to your vet, have them "float" it and buy the wormer specific for the worms he has. Unless you have a serious round worm infestation or tapes you won't see any worms in the stool and when you do the infestation is severe. It sometimes amazes me that hunters will have a dog worth a thousand dollars, a twenty thousand dollar pu to hunt out of, a three hundred dollar light, hundred and fifty dollar boots, etc and won't spend thirty dollars at the vet to keep their hound worm free. Just my opinion. Tom

WOOOO
Hang on a second I never said I wouldnt spend the money for the dogs but like most people on here if I can find something that works Ill do it myself. I was just giving heads up about my experance with Valbazen.
Why would anyone spend 50$ to take 1 dog to the vet when he can spend 5-7$ to do it there self COME ON THIS AINT ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!!
I like to feed my dogs good food too but if I can get it for 15$ a bag why would I spend 20-30$ for a difrent brand just because of the name on the bag.
Theres a big difrence between a Chevy and a CADILAC but they both give the same results they both get you from point A to point B with a 20,000$ difrence thats why I drive a CHEVY not a Cadilac if I had money to spend on a CADILAC I would but I dont

(937)214-5142

Posted by Jim Hill on 10-23-2009 04:16 PM:

are you just using valbazen or are you using ivromic too

Been following these walker dogs since 1983,and love every min of it !!!!

http://minnesotastatecoonhunters.webs.com/

Use SunSpot Lights, so bright its like the sun came out at night !!!

Posted by JeremyBayless on 10-23-2009 04:27 PM:

wormer

I stoped using Ivomec around a year ago been using Valbazen alone now for awhile now

(937)214-5142

Posted by Buckshot on 10-23-2009 04:52 PM:

Since you stopped using Ivomec, what do you use for heartworms?

Unfortunately there is not a one size fits all wormer that knocks everything out in just one product.

I use 3 different wormers normally.........Ivomec for heartworms, SafeGuard for regular worms, and then a tapewormer.

Posted by BIG$BLUES on 10-23-2009 05:05 PM:

Ivomec should be used as a heart worm treatment ONLY i give it once ever sixty days as far as valbazen it is a good drug it is a good wormer but one must mix it up dont just use it i use atguard hog wormer every other time i once seen a litter of pups cured of parvo with valbazen dont know what is in it but it dang sure cured them two died be for he started treating them but saved the other six

NTCH DUVALL'S BIG MONEY SLIDDER

Home of those with drive!
Speak the truth it will set you free.

Posted by DOUG CHEEK on 10-23-2009 05:14 PM:

JEREMY-----I have used VALBAZEN for years it has worked for me and is also good for COCCIDIOSIS in pups --the VET MERCK book says to use 1cc per 4.4 lbs. for [3] days in a roll and repeat in [21] days--- you still have to give ivomec either in pill from or liquid for heart worms

ALWAYS GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

Posted by JeremyBayless on 10-23-2009 05:23 PM:

Ivomec

Ive never seen IVOMEC in pill form maybe Im over looking it where you get that at
I tryed the paste and the liquid maybe I got the wrong kind???????????
The Ivomec I got is in a brown box
Ivomec
(ivermectin)
Injection
for cattle and swine
1% sterile solution

(937)214-5142

Posted by Buckshot on 10-23-2009 05:38 PM:

HeartGuard is the pill version.

Posted by IN THE WOODS on 10-23-2009 08:01 PM:

Ivomec....1cc for every 10lbs seems like alot to me! I do a tenth of a cc for every 10lbs of body weight every 30 days in the warmer months back off to 60 days when its cold. Has worked for me combined with other wormers.

Posted by capt_agricultur on 10-23-2009 08:23 PM:

Baaaaaa

We use it on our sheep......

Posted by Pat Bizich on 10-24-2009 01:24 AM:

Jeremy.The problem with the Panacur ,Safe Guard and valbazen,etc., is there are two types of tapes.They do not get the most common form.ONLY ONE TYPE.Ivomectin is given at 2 tenths CC for a 50 lb dog for heart wormer.Whips will not show up in a stool normally unless it is a really bad infestation. Then they are so miniscule you won't see them unless you check really hard after the dog goes.Dogs will not keep on weight when they have whips.There is basically nothing over the counter that will get them EXCEPT ivomectin but you need to increase the dosage to 1/2 cc or more.Also once wormed be advised ,If you have your dog tied out DO NOT TIE ANY DOGS THERE AGAIN for at least two years.The only thing thats kills the eggs is sunlight and time. Another thing about the larger ivomectin dosage it will also kill ear mites.I have had limited success for tapes with Happy Jack Tape Wormer but 100 percent success with praziquantel.The best wormer I have used for hooks and rounds is [pyrantel pamoate] aka Strongid Paste.Get it at the farm store in the horse wormer tube and it will last you way longer and cheaper then those little ones they sell for dogs.This is all stuff I have learned from my own personal experience and is first hand knowledge.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Posted by Blue Style on 10-24-2009 02:40 AM:

I have spoken with 4 different vets, and I was told that the pill Drontal Plus takes care of everything but heart worms (tapes included) ivermectin takes care of heart worms...

Posted by Triple K Kennel on 12-20-2017 12:22 PM:

Valbaazen .....

I have used Valbaazen for years, have Never had a problem with it. I have bout dogs that were full of Tape & Whip Worms, after 3 doses of Valbaazen they were gone and dogs looking & feeling much better.
Just my 15 year experience with it. Good stuff.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~