UKC Forums
Show all 4 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Joy dog food (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928537059)

Posted by Levi1990 on 02-24-2021 11:34 PM:

Joy dog food

What's everyone's thoughts on it? Is it a decent food?

Posted by Vic Stoll on 02-25-2021 01:19 PM:

Re: Joy dog food

quote:
Originally posted by Levi1990
What's everyone's thoughts on it? Is it a decent food?

The Joy food of the old days is long gone. The Joy dog food of present day is basically Hi Standard with a different name on the bag. You can search Hi Standard on here and find a lot more feedback.

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Posted by Wayne Valentino on 02-25-2021 10:25 PM:

Joy

The old feed mill here in Oakdale, Pa. is long gone. They sold out in 1990 I think.. The grandson of the original owner is still involved with it. I talked to him on Facebook a few months back. He claims there is one formula the same as in the past.

Posted by Vic Stoll on 02-26-2021 12:47 AM:

Re: Joy

quote:
Originally posted by Wayne Valentino
The old feed mill here in Oakdale, Pa. is long gone. They sold out in 1990 I think.. The grandson of the original owner is still involved with it. I talked to him on Facebook a few months back. He claims there is one formula the same as in the past.

Compare the ingredients & different mixes (%protein/fat) of Hi Standard vs. Joy. From what I saw, they are identical & manufactured at the same Company/address. I fed Joy years ago & was not impressed with the mix I fed at that time. I have heard a good amount of positive feedback on Hi Standard though.

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!