UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 37 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Beagles (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=3)
-- Rabbit Dogs (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928265463)

Posted by Seth Shipman on 08-21-2012 12:55 PM:

Rabbit Dogs

On a scale of 1 to 10 has anybody seen a 10 speed dog that could handle a track and not be wild and crazy.

Home of multiple UKC Champions

Standing At Stud: GRPCH GRHBCH GRCH Cedar Grove's Loko Go Cowboy

Standing At Stud: HBCH CH GRPCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Nugget

Standing At Stud: PCH GRCH GRHBCH Milam's Loko Go Hacksaw

R.I.P HBCH GRPCH Cedar Grove Talkabout Blackjack

Posted by brandon4 on 08-21-2012 01:09 PM:

I've got 3 seth. Its cool watching dogs that fast that can hold a track the way they can!

white river kiwi twist
white river hank hill
white river peggy hil
white river tyson
white river the big blue marshmallow
white river candy cane
whire river bad bananas baby
white river eat my dust
whte river gold dust
white river fine as wine
grhbch grch pr white river shenango

Posted by Timmy J on 08-21-2012 09:48 PM:

man not to be braggin on his own dogs. I would have to see this myself.

Home of:
FC HUNT-EM-UP GREENBAY LYSA
PCH Jenkins Peaches n cream (2011 pp VA state race run off winner)(2012 VA state PP hunt winnePr)(2012 VA PP High Point Hound) 4 wins toward grand.
Skyline's XXX Tippy
Skyline's Ace of Spades
RIP---PCH Skyline's Southern Grace(only 2 years old )
RIP---Skyline's Shaken Up The Valley( 11 months old)

Posted by MIKE CARDER on 08-21-2012 09:56 PM:

SETH

DO YOU NEED ONE?

I HAVE GOT A FEW FAST HOUNDS THAT CAN RUN THE TRACK AND NOT BE ALL CRAZY.
Sorry about the capital letters.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Posted by Halfway2 on 08-21-2012 09:56 PM:

I've been doing these hunts for 21 years and I have yet to see one with that much speed and handle the track without getting wild and crazy especially if you have another one just like it on the ground at the same time. It happens. If you want a super fast dog you are gonna give up the control on the line somewhat period. I've seen some dogs that were fast and could handle the track about 90% of the time. As a matter of fact I judged 4 fast dogs in the finals of the champions at Nationals this year and all 4 dogs held the line the whole 2 hours of hard running and yes Brandon had one of them.

Posted by Harry Warnick on 08-21-2012 11:33 PM:

I got a pretty fast dog [8] that looks like a million bucks when that scent is right, but when it ain't and he don't gear down I feel like taking a bat to him, some times he gears down other times not. But to answer your question yes and no. Seen it when its right, and seen crazy when the scent ain't right.

Posted by big matt t. on 08-21-2012 11:42 PM:

Ive seen plenty n my time owned a few handled a few and got beat by a few also!!!

"We Hual With Owens Boxes"
GRCH GRHBCH White River Coal Miner
GRCH GRHBCH Weedeater Fire River Blessing (Gena)
GRCH GRHBCH Litttle Italy's Gracie Girl
Regestered National Ch. GRHBCH Hartleyville Grimm Ripper
HBCH Big T's Leo's Coal Trash
GRHBCH Huttons Big T's Rip Fuel
(And Coming Soon)
Whiteriver Awhole Lotta Trouble
Big T's Lucy In The Sky
Big T's Can't Get Right
Big T's Pretty Girl Zoey
( Temperary Home Of )
GRHBCH Buck Lake Lola (RIP OLD GIRL)

Posted by brandon4 on 08-21-2012 11:48 PM:

Jenkins sounds to me like u def need 2 sell out and regroup. Dnt get on here and say something you know nothing about! U have nvr saw my dogs run so therefore u can't state a fact!

white river kiwi twist
white river hank hill
white river peggy hil
white river tyson
white river the big blue marshmallow
white river candy cane
whire river bad bananas baby
white river eat my dust
whte river gold dust
white river fine as wine
grhbch grch pr white river shenango

Posted by Seth Shipman on 08-21-2012 11:49 PM:

Mike I am good on the dog power.

Home of multiple UKC Champions

Standing At Stud: GRPCH GRHBCH GRCH Cedar Grove's Loko Go Cowboy

Standing At Stud: HBCH CH GRPCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Nugget

Standing At Stud: PCH GRCH GRHBCH Milam's Loko Go Hacksaw

R.I.P HBCH GRPCH Cedar Grove Talkabout Blackjack

Posted by Jamey Gorman on 08-22-2012 12:15 AM:

I have owned 3 and have seen 4 others, Not an easy find, but there out there. Everyone has there own opinions about what they are actually seeing in the field.

2009 Ohio State Hunt Grand Cast winner at age 9. 2007 NHBA Days Grand Champion Winner and Top Dog of the Hunt Winner, the only dog out of 80 to circle a rabbit that day. 2003 Ohio State UKC and NKC Best in show Winner, Nationals and Eliminator Best Senior Male. National Cast Winner 8 years in a row.
HBCH GRCH Cherry Hill Blue Ribbon Best in Show Winner of the 1st McVay
2002 Memorial Hunt, Champion of Champions Eliminator Hunt. National Cast winner 3 years in a row.
GRHBCH Gorman's Big Brassy
HBCH CH Gorman's Creek Jewel
CH Gorman's Princess Leia

"The more you think you know, the less you really know".

Posted by BCBeagles on 08-22-2012 01:48 AM:

10 on speed.

Problem with this question, IMO, is that everyone's "10" can vary. I have seen what guys called a "10" and to me they were not, vice versa as well. Just my opinion on it. I personally have not seen a 10 that could stroke a rabbit under average conditions like a less speedy accurate hound could, again my opinions.

Posted by ohlinger on 08-22-2012 11:18 AM:

how fast is a 10 ???

Thirtyoughtsix Bred Beagles
330-987-5883
www.noluckkennels.webs.com
CH PCH GRHBCH No Luck Red Falcon of Crowtown
HBCH Gridiron Double Trouble
HBCH Highbar's No Luck High Octane
PCH GRCH Diamond Blaze
LPRCH HBCH Gridiron No Luck Bad Mojo
CH Thirtyoughtsix Lucky Boy
CH 'PR' Weedeaters No Luck Ugly Betty
No Luck Red Razz (coming soon)

Posted by Jeremy Geiger on 08-22-2012 11:34 AM:

Hey Shawn

Oscar when he's in shape, maybe we'll see that soon! lol

Home of:
IFC Litaways Capitain Pickard : At Stud
HOF PP GR RCH HBCH Willow Creek Bustin Diesel: At Stud
HBCH GR RCH JG'S Double Trouble
GRHBCH JG'S Oscar Wild
HBCH JG'S Full Throttle Hot Rod
HBCH Riverbottom Lilly
Tuff Weedeater Dixie
Hunt-em-up Shooters Sally

Past Hounds:
WorldPPCH GRHBCH PPCH JG'S On The Move Prune Juice
HBCH JG'S Lightning Striking Larry
HBCH JG'S Lightning Calendar Girl
HBCH JG'S Mark V'S Buckeye Trapper

Posted by ohlinger on 08-22-2012 11:49 AM:

LOL you have to run him to get him in shape!!

Thirtyoughtsix Bred Beagles
330-987-5883
www.noluckkennels.webs.com
CH PCH GRHBCH No Luck Red Falcon of Crowtown
HBCH Gridiron Double Trouble
HBCH Highbar's No Luck High Octane
PCH GRCH Diamond Blaze
LPRCH HBCH Gridiron No Luck Bad Mojo
CH Thirtyoughtsix Lucky Boy
CH 'PR' Weedeaters No Luck Ugly Betty
No Luck Red Razz (coming soon)

Posted by mitch gould on 08-22-2012 03:38 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Halfway2
I've been doing these hunts for 21 years and I have yet to see one with that much speed and handle the track without getting wild and crazy especially if you have another one just like it on the ground at the same time. It happens. If you want a super fast dog you are gonna give up the control on the line somewhat period. I've seen some dogs that were fast and could handle the track about 90% of the time. As a matter of fact I judged 4 fast dogs in the finals of the champions at Nationals this year and all 4 dogs held the line the whole 2 hours of hard running and yes Brandon had one of them.

id hav to agree Joe,
, nobody who is honest with themselves about their dogs is gona say that they hav a dog with that kinda competitive speed (10)that will work a super tight track and check without over running....not possible. If you have a dog that you think is a 10 speed and works a super tight chek doesnt ever swing doesnt over run more than 3 feet, wont race etc... I doubt u hav a 10 speed but in reality u may have a better dog.

Some of our dog like Nitro Toots Reba etc.. extreme foot by anyones standards , but im not gona sit here and say ol yea by the way they are super tight line and check dogs too lololol, are they really bad rough ,not to me maybe to some, but the point is we are all shooting for a dog that does hav 10 spped with the best control ever but we also are sharp enough to realize that probably not possible. Yes ive seen some that cld run upper 8 speed like Kita, ,izzy, taylors black magic ace, etc... with UNREAL control check abilty

If you wanna dominate in HH you do need wheels but not so much that u miss lines , what you do need and most importanly is HUNTTTTT and honesty.

I think the problem is some guys are too concerned about "style" in the check instead of production. I want them to get the track as qucik as possible and go , inside out or outside in who cares if they pick it up b4 the other dogs, then u hav the other side of the spectrum guy who think as long as their dog will race to the front that all that matters.

Pack Style and Dominate style very different, I want a dog to dominate his packmates , some want a dog to work with them

click on link to visit our website
Heat- Em- Up Kennels

Posted by Harner's Hounds on 08-22-2012 04:25 PM:

Only dog I could even think he was a ten with control, would be without a doubt Glomski's Thunder Run Jdell. I have hunted over him and have seen him in the worst conditions and he dominated.

PT's I'm Riding Dirty.
Harner's Briar Bashin Blaze.
Harner's Diesel Powered by Runner
Harner's River Diamond

Posted by mitch gould on 08-22-2012 04:44 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Harner's Hounds
Only dog I could even think he was a ten with control, would be without a doubt Glomski's Thunder Run Jdell. I have hunted over him and have seen him in the worst conditions and he dominated.

im not disagreeing with you cause i obviously have not seen the dog run, but if the dog has great control i can almost gaurentee you I can show you dogs that will run in front of him, now they may be much rougher than him to do it of course.

my point is this whole topic is so subjective and relative to the person ya know.

to me 10 speed hounds wont tolerate a dog in front of them regardless of situation, that why I usually say Id rather hav an 8 or a 9 with more control

Heat- Em- Up Kennels

Posted by Harner's Hounds on 08-22-2012 05:23 PM:

From what I have seen in the field trials and from under the gun, if you wanna hang with the smoothness and quickness of Jdell you better bringing A. Real fast or B. Real Rough. I believe Jdell won the opens of the lil pack Indiana state hunt. From what I had heard he dominated....

PT's I'm Riding Dirty.
Harner's Briar Bashin Blaze.
Harner's Diesel Powered by Runner
Harner's River Diamond

Posted by mitch gould on 08-22-2012 05:44 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Harner's Hounds
From what I have seen in the field trials and from under the gun, if you wanna hang with the smoothness and quickness of Jdell you better bringing A. Real fast or B. Real Rough. I believe Jdell won the opens of the lil pack Indiana state hunt. From what I had heard he dominated....

ive heard hes a nice hound

Heat- Em- Up Kennels

Posted by Timmy J on 08-22-2012 05:46 PM:

MY DOG POWER IS JUST FINE

Home of:
PCH Jenkins Peaches n cream (2011 pp VA state race run off winner)(2012 VA state PP hunt winnePr)(2012 VA PP High Point Hound) 4 wins toward grand.
Skyline's XXX Tippy
Skyline's Ace of Spades

Posted by mitch gould on 08-22-2012 06:04 PM:

is the part where the " my dad is bigger than ur dad" conversation starts followed by " im taking my ball and goin home" statement lolololo bwhahahahah just kiddin

Heat- Em- Up Kennels

Posted by wvbill on 08-22-2012 06:17 PM:

I agree with Mitch and some of the others.
I have yet to see a dog that can stay in front all the time and NOT miss a ounce of track._ If there is one out there then you have the PERFECT running dog.
I have judged and observed quite a few dogs in my day and have yet to see one that can do it.
To some of you a clean dog is leaving out 3, 4, 5, 6 foot of track at a time to me a clean dog is running the entire track, not leaving anything._ The rabbit turns a 90 the dog should turn a 90 at the same EXACT point._ Heck brace dogs can be rough.
One of the best track dogs that I have had the privledge to run against was Sundown Tess._ There wasnt much track she left out but did she have the wheels to run the front consistently... Not so much.
Would love to have a dog that could follow the track like a brace dog BUT be a good solid 8+ on speed.
_

Check us out on the web:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeuq9zn/

Posted by Neil Kimbrel on 08-22-2012 06:18 PM:

To me a 10 means there is no room for improvement. Never seen a single hound that didn't have room for improvement. The best hound anyone has ever seen, does not set the bar. I do believe there would be different opinions on what runs a track as fast as possible compared to the fastest dog that will race. To me racing is not true foot or we'd be runnin greyhounds. Show me the fastest dog that will race and feed off a pack and I can name a list a mile long that will stomp them in a brace. Likewise, a lot of dogs that run a really fast track and won't race won't stand a chance in a larger pack unless the packs so rough it continually breaks down. Jmo.

Posted by Timmy J on 08-22-2012 07:10 PM:

brandon I never said your dogs werent good or great. Juts the fact that you have three that all run a 10 and clean at the same time is a little hard to believe. My dogs dont run a 10 in my opinion but seem to always catch rabbits somehow. If a man has several dogs running a 10 and clean with it, does the rabbit have a chance.

Home of:
Skyline's XXX Tippy
Skyline's Ace of Spades

Posted by mitch gould on 08-22-2012 07:31 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by wvbill
I agree with Mitch and some of the others.
I have yet to see a dog that can stay in front all the time and NOT miss a ounce of track._ If there is one out there then you have the PERFECT running dog.
I have judged and observed quite a few dogs in my day and have yet to see one that can do it.
To some of you a clean dog is leaving out 3, 4, 5, 6 foot of track at a time to me a clean dog is running the entire track, not leaving anything._ The rabbit turns a 90 the dog should turn a 90 at the same EXACT point._ Heck brace dogs can be rough.
One of the best track dogs that I have had the privledge to run against was Sundown Tess._ There wasnt much track she left out but did she have the wheels to run the front consistently... Not so much.
Would love to have a dog that could follow the track like a brace dog BUT be a good solid 8+ on speed.
_

bill great points , tess was def that style of dog. Then it comes down to style, You and I have a little different view in wat we want in a hound and that what makes the sport great. IMO Everybody has to decide how much agressive front end nature do you want while sacrificing control. The more aggression/comp. to run the front the more of the track thats gona be missed ,just common sense. Some guys like brace hounds that will not miss more than a few inches of track and some like a hound that will get to the front no matter what and drive and some like everywhere in between. Nothing wrong with either style if thats wat the man likes .Me , well I want em in front but not so rough they miss lines easily, I guess on the edge would be a way to descrobe it. somthing 8 or more with above average control with indep drive.

If a dog cant solo its own rabbit in diff conditions you may have a dog thats a little too rough

Heat- Em- Up Kennels