UKC Forums
Show all 12 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Compromise/Solution (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928522019)

Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-08-2019 05:40 PM:

Compromise/Solution

I have it. Now this isn't complaining, it is coming up with a solution. Where is Allen? This would be a "format" change and UKC could do it on their own.

1. Use the current rules with a 3 minute countdown for registered classes.

2. Use the new rules for Champion classes.

We wouldn't automatically exclude anybody from starting out with a young dog but the guys that want an independent to a fault dog would know that is what would be in Champion classes. And everyone would know that a dog that made Gr Nt Ch was an independant to a fault type dog.

There would be something for everyone and we could "try out" the new rule in Champion classes to see how it worked out. Hunters could decide while they were hunting in registered classes if they wanted to train their dogs to be independent to a fault and hunt with the Elite Pros or just stop at Nt Ch.

Posted by yadkintar on 09-08-2019 05:45 PM:

Re: Compromise/Solution

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
I have it...
1. Use the current rules with a 3 minute countdown for registered classes.

2. Use the new rules for Champion classes.

We wouldn't automatically exclude anybody from starting out with a young dog but the guys that want an independent to a fault dog would know that is what would be in Champion classes. And everyone would know that a dog that made Gr Nt Ch was an independant to a fault type dog.

There would be something for everyone and we could "try out" the new rule in Champion classes to see how it worked out. Hunters could decide while they were hunting in registered classes if they wanted to train their dogs to be independent to a fault and hunt with the Elite Pros or just stop at Nt Ch.

Or just get a red dog that ain’t slow !!

Tarbaby

Posted by Sgraves on 09-08-2019 06:02 PM:

Oh my goodness, You have fell an bumped your head.😂

Posted by JAH on 09-08-2019 06:54 PM:

Not to long ago you spent a lot of time crying and whining like a baby about UKC and their rules.Now you think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.Lot of sucking up it seems.As far as the rules go I could care less what they are.I'll play by whatever they are.No whining or kissing ass about them.And no I don't and won't hunt a off breed (walker)

Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-08-2019 06:58 PM:

Oh my goodness Tarbaby, there you go making racist remarks again.

Posted by yadkintar on 09-08-2019 07:01 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness Tarbaby, there you go making racist remarks again.

You the one named me tarbaby. Thats like the boy named sue.

Tar

Posted by yardman on 09-08-2019 07:50 PM:

RedDog Man

I for 1have to agree with Richard.
Tom

Posted by Dave Richards on 09-08-2019 08:44 PM:

Rules/Changes

Lol. The ink isn't even dry and the final draft not even made public, yet we have ALL of this griping and complaining and belly aching about WHAT certain individuals want to believe will happen. Why can't we just sit back and see what the final rules will be? You will have all the time you want after that to decide if you want to play under the new rules, or sit on the porch and watch. We all have choices on playing or not playing. What I am seeing is the older guys complaining and the younger guys loving the new rules. Truth be told, the younger guys are the future if this sport and will be the ones making it work. The older guys, myself included have had our time to shine, we can either play with the younger guys or watch them from the porch. I think that I will play with them as long as I can. I like the concept if the best dog winning every time. Dave

Posted by shadinc on 09-08-2019 08:45 PM:

Richard's idea is worth consideration.

Posted by yadkintar on 09-08-2019 08:53 PM:

Re: Rules/Changes

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Lol. The ink isn't even dry and the final draft not even made public, yet we have ALL of this griping and complaining and belly aching about WHAT certain individuals want to believe will happen. Why can't we just sit back and see what the final rules will be? You will have all the time you want after that to decide if you want to play under the new rules, or sit on the porch and watch. We all have choices on playing or not playing. What I am seeing is the older guys complaining and the younger guys loving the new rules. Truth be told, the younger guys are the future if this sport and will be the ones making it work. The older guys, myself included have had our time to shine, we can either play with the younger guys or watch them from the porch. I think that I will play with them as long as I can. I like the concept if the best dog winning every time. Dave

Dave I am old and like the new rules ........... hmmmmm 😂

Tar

Posted by Dave Richards on 09-08-2019 09:00 PM:

Tar

You and me both like these new rules...........wait, we both like a coondog winning these hunts. Huuuuuuuuum. Dave

Posted by Billy George on 09-09-2019 12:54 PM:

Lets go back to the original set of rules ukc had when they started...🤣

PR B and B's Smokin' Willie

"PR"B and B's Coon Doctor
( Gr.Nite Ch.Bee Creek Dr.Max xGr.Nite Ch. Moonshine Maggie)

Past Home of:

Nite Ch. "PR"B and B's Smokin' Misty (2007-2018)

Nite Ch B&B's Black Hoss (1992-2003)

Nite Ch.Gr.Ch. Shaker Hill Mr. Grubbs (2003-2011)