UKC Forums Pages (76): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Show all 1897 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Treeing Walkers (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=52)
-- Gr.Nt.Ch.Dohoney's Boone (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=486)

Posted by HOBO on 07-04-2003 07:45 PM:

Gr.Nt.Ch.Dohoney's Boone

Here are a couple pic's of Boone.

Posted by wildbill on 07-04-2003 07:53 PM:

color

boone has alot more white than lobo and lipper throwed more color onto lobo and lipper throws the black on the head ,like in the lawyer bred dogs. most of the tight bred boone dogs i've saw had more tan heads as walker breed standard says they dont have red heads,lol

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Posted by Walkerfied on 07-04-2003 08:54 PM:

Great pics Hobo.....

And they say you cant take a picture of power.....lol.

Dual Grand Crazy Mtn Midnite Frost
Cash Creek Big Holler Mojo(Mo)
Cash Creek Wild Bill Hickok(Hick)
Cash Creek Calamity Jane(Janie)

Posted by Skinner on 07-04-2003 11:05 PM:

I refuse to get on this again.

Black Creek Treeing Walkers

If I had feelings, that might would have hurt.

Posted by HOBO on 07-05-2003 01:35 PM:

Ahhhhhh your no fun Skinner.

Posted by Rob on 07-05-2003 05:44 PM:

Nice Job Hobo

I have always loved that first picture of Boone. As you can see in the second picture, Mike abd Boone are showing their age. lol
Both of them, (Mike and Boone), were honest and you got what you saw.

Josh, I think the chop mouth comes from the beagle portion of the pedigree!

Skinner, not that Hobo or I need any help, it just looks better with the numbers on our side. lol

I'm off to Redbone Days!

Happy Hunting

Posted by Skinner on 07-05-2003 09:32 PM:

Hobo if somebody told me my dog was a part deer hound I would be inbarrased. Hows this for a tan head.

Posted by Justin Smith on 07-05-2003 09:54 PM:

How many of Boones' sons are living still ? What is the word on the first lucky female that may get some of his frozen semen?

Posted by Skinner on 07-06-2003 01:10 AM:

That is a very good question. I know of Lobo but Im sure there are probally others.

Question 2) Hopefully MINE!!!!

Maybe we should start our own Boone Thread. LOL "Boone Groupies"

Posted by Justin Smith on 07-06-2003 01:34 AM:

There is also Boones' Thunder here in Oklahoma. I'd like to know if there are any 1/2 brother -sister matings from Boone ...those matings off of Old Harry sure clicked.

Posted by HOBO on 07-06-2003 01:44 AM:

Mike and Darrell had a couple of females that they had planned on breeding to Boone semen but they have both died. Afew years back Mike wrote in one of his ad's that he had a younger brother to Boone for sell,don't know who bought him or if he's still alive.Give Mike a call and ask him if they're are any brothers to Boone still alive.
Do any of you have anything off of Tall Timber Freight? I hunted with Freight a time or two.He was a COONDAWG he would get gone in a hurry had a great nose and was a nice tree dog.How about the Tom Horn dog that Mike had at stud for a few years? He was a COONDAWG also !

Freight

Tom Horn

Posted by pete on 07-07-2003 02:31 PM:

Re: Gr.Nt.Ch.Dohoney's Boone

quote:
Originally posted by HOBO
Here are a couple pic's of Boone.

color is least important thing in a dog... but personally i really like that deep red color... the darker the better. i also like dogs with dark eyes. no real reason i just cant help it. and ill join the boone groupies group even though i dont have any of that breeding. he was a beautiful hound... pete

Posted by Tank/UKC on 07-07-2003 03:15 PM:

None of those doggies reproduced as well as...

Doss's Hardwood Echo.

Posted by tnredman on 07-07-2003 03:33 PM:

I have a Double Boone bred dog who is 7 who ranks in my personal top 5 dogs I have owned I think it is a great bloodline
I have hunted with some very nice boone bred dogs
just my opinion

Home of Gr. NITE Ch. Backwoods Lockdown Sam
423-253-5439

Posted by Skinner on 07-07-2003 07:23 PM:

Looks as though the tides shift towards the Boone Groupies.

Hobo which dog was it that ended up three legged? I remember Mike showing me a pic of him. He said he was a awesome coon getter.

Posted by HOBO on 07-07-2003 10:33 PM:

Skinner I don't remember a three legged dog at Mikes. I'm waiting on a picture from Tank to add to this thread.

Posted by K-9 PINES on 07-08-2003 05:12 AM:

Boone Blood

Yes, I am a fan of the Boone blood. I own quite a bit of it here at our kennel.
My Ridge Runner is double Boone bred in his 3 gen, my Whole Lotta Dohoney's is triple Boone bred in her 3 gen, and I have a very nice female, Sassy Frass that is out of LOBO. All 3 can be seen on my website.

Yes, I would agree that they are chop mouthed. If I could improve anything about my 3 hounds I would have to say that I wish they were a bit bigger in size as they are in heart.

I crossed Ridge to Whole Lotta Dohoney's a year ago and it was a fairly good cross from what I hear. Quick starting hounds that had plenty of drive and tree power.

The Crank dog looks like my triple Boone bred female.

Posted by Walkerfied on 07-08-2003 02:31 PM: