UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 26 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- zimecterin gold (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=501229)

Posted by cooner607 on 05-05-2012 10:00 PM:

zimecterin gold

Noticed a worm problem today. my pup is 7 months old has anyone wormed a pup this young with zimecterin gold? What dosage should i use id say shes about 35 lbs.

Posted by River Birch Run on 05-05-2012 10:24 PM:

I use it on pups at 6 months old, just use as much as you would put tooth paste on a tooth brush. Do again in 30 days.

Posted by J Ternes on 05-05-2012 11:56 PM:

Wormer

I had paid for a pup through the mail one time. When I picked him up at 12 weeks old he looked awfull. Way small for his age, boney and full of worms. He couldnt even stand up right. I gave him a small amount figuring it would cure him or kill him,either way he was better off. A week later he fat, slick, and standing up right.

Posted by matt2 on 05-06-2012 03:20 AM:

Is this the same as ivomec? Only in paste form.

Posted by J Ternes on 05-06-2012 03:28 AM:

Yes

Its also got an ingrediant that kills tape worms.

Posted by patches9452 on 05-06-2012 03:30 AM:

i split a tube 3 ways.... give a 1/3 a tube a day for 3 days straight

Posted by matt2 on 05-06-2012 03:48 AM:

How many dogs can you worm with one tube? Cost?

Posted by patches9452 on 05-06-2012 03:58 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by matt2
How many dogs can you worm with one tube? Cost?
i only worm one dog with a tube.... about 15 bucks.... i also dont use if often because i use ivomec... i just use it for tapes

Posted by Hazel Hill Blueticks on 05-06-2012 08:37 AM:

Do not use the Zemectrin Gold it will kill a pup.

Home of

Natural,Bawlmouth,Coldnose, Hardtreeing,Blueticks.
Hazel Hill Blueticks A Family Name since 1949.

PROUD MEMBERS OF TEAM COON DOG!

Brad & Alison (Wilcox) McGill
(660) 833-3180
hazelhillblueticks@hotmail.com

Posted by Okie Dawg on 05-06-2012 10:16 AM:

What about the Panacur for horses? It is 10%. Can you use it and how much?

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Posted by Alan Anderson on 05-06-2012 11:45 AM:

mix it

With 35 cc's of water.Give 1 cc per 20 lbs.Do not give to pups less than 6 months old.Use it on my dogs with great results.

Posted by ONEDOGNIGHT on 05-06-2012 04:59 PM:

I just use 2 cc of strait paste 3 days in a row.

Posted by Two Toes on 05-07-2012 05:00 AM:

I go by the reccomended weight plus a dab. I worm my whole yard with one tube once every thirty days. Thats like a bakers dozen "Plus a "Dab". Everything is slicker than a mole & always are.

Posted by cooner607 on 05-07-2012 05:55 AM:

well

well shoot someone said zimectrin will kill my dog so im afraid now lol!!!!

Posted by Hazel Hill Blueticks on 05-07-2012 06:19 AM:

I would not give this product to a pup. I had a issue giving it to a pup. I also helped save another man's pup after he gave it to his. The ivermec in it is not the problem, it's the other poison thats to strong thats in it. It has to high of a dose for a pup to handle even in a drop size amount. I do not remember what the ivermec is mixed with, but I know it's harmful to pups. Do a search for zemectrin gold on this forum and look at nightbandits thread. You will see others have had this product kill their dogs. Lol its no joke. I am trying to help.

If for some reason you guys have given this product to your pup and it starts acting dizzy and weak in the early stages or maybe you caught it late and it won't even lift it's head like mine. I can tell you what needs to be done to save it. The man I helped through it said his vet would not help because of what the pup was given.

Home of

(660) 833-3180

Posted by Okie Dawg on 05-07-2012 04:32 PM:

Re: mix it

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Anderson
With 35 cc's of water.Give 1 cc per 20 lbs.Do not give to pups less than 6 months old.Use it on my dogs with great results.

Was this for the ZIMETERIN GOLD or for the PANACURE for horses?

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

Posted by cooner607 on 05-07-2012 11:23 PM:

I did it

just gave her a small pencil eraser sized dosage wrapped in deli meat and fed her in hopes a full belly will help her take to the medicine. If somethn goes wrong I will let yall know wish us luck...

Posted by Alan Anderson on 05-08-2012 11:49 AM:

Mr.Jarvis

The Zimectrin gold.I have a Kemmer male I could not put meat on,he ate like a horse but was skin and bones.I gave him some straight from the tube and nearly killed him.It took him 2 days to stand back up on his on.He staggered like a drunk man for 2 more days running into trees and stuff.And he only got a pinto bean size dose.

Posted by Majestic Tree H on 05-08-2012 12:57 PM:

Ok So you gave a pea size Dosage to your pup ... How much Ivermectin and Praziqantel was in that Amount ....

And if the Answer is I don't Know Then No One should Ever use it on a Pup or Dog !!!!!!

What Kind of Worms were you Hoping to Control ???

Look Send Me $3.00 Per 20# of Dog/Pup and I will Send you the Very Best Wormer Tablet that Controls ALL Worms .. it treats for Roundworms, Hookworms, Whipworms, Tapeworms and Hydatid Tapeworms ....

Plus for another $0.50 I will send the Proper Dosage of Ivermectin to Prevent Heart Worms ...

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Posted by JiM on 05-08-2012 01:12 PM:

Once again, the problem when using Zim Gold is that it has TWO different wormers in it that are dosed for horses and it is impossible get the right dose for ANY dog using that product. If you get the right amount of Ivermectin, you won't have enough Prazi to do any good on the tapes which completely defeats the purpose of using Gold in the first place. If you get the proper dose of prazi, you will severely overdose the dog on Ivermectin.
It is mathematically impossible to properly dose a dog with Zimecterin Gold. Fortunately, almost everyone underdoses on the prazi instead of overdosing the ivermectin and that's why most dogs handle it ok.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Posted by Okie Dawg on 05-08-2012 04:58 PM:

Re: Mr.Jarvis

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Anderson
The Zimectrin gold.I have a Kemmer male I could not put meat on,he ate like a horse but was skin and bones.I gave him some straight from the tube and nearly killed him.It took him 2 days to stand back up on his on.He staggered like a drunk man for 2 more days running into trees and stuff.And he only got a pinto bean size dose.

I don't use the Gold. I was just wondering about the Panacur for horses and if anyone uses it.
I have used the Safe-Gaurd. Safe Gurd and Panacur has the same ingrediant(fenbendazole) 25 gram paste 10% (100 mp/g)

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507

Posted by Hazel Hill Blueticks on 05-08-2012 05:53 PM:

I use safe guard, 1 gram per 10 lbs of body weight. I believe panacur would dose the same.

Home of

(660) 833-3180

Posted by cooner607 on 05-08-2012 07:01 PM:

it worked

I wormed her and shes fine but I will consider a different method for next time thanks to everyone for your input

Posted by hotshot630 on 05-09-2012 01:23 AM:

I use safe guard paste + ivermectrin paste

Get the cheap ivermectern at TSC 3.99 tube and a tube of safe guard, I give 2 cc of SG and 1 cc of ivermectrin it's apple flavor, give same dosage everyother day for 3 doses. Never had a problem out of it, safe guard is a wormed that will get all 4 worms the ivermectrin will take care of the heart worms. Never have a problem with worms, flees or ticks. Some other things that help are to clean feed and water bowls regularly, and I mix Lysol concentrate and spray around the kennel regularly 2 times a week or so. A clean area for your dog means a lot to it's health we sometimes over worm without thinking the dog could be getting other bacterial germs that gives it a swollen stomach, and loose stools. This is just my opinion and the care my dogs receive it has always worked for me.

CH "Howard's Southern Pride Mabel" (Drip's Blue DeuceX Pocket Rocket Roxie)
"Howard's Southern Pride Bo ( Blue tick)
Howard's Smokey Mnt. Josie (BMC) Jericho's Kid Rock (BMC)
Howard's Lexus (BMC - Boone x Cookie)

Posted by Okie Dawg on 05-09-2012 04:34 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Hazel Hill Blueticks
I use safe guard, 1 gram per 10 lbs of body weight. I believe panacur would dose the same.

Ok thanks that is what I was thinking. Same ingredients and same %.

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507