UKC Forums
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Little Help. (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928523772)

Posted by nitehunter2004 on 10-31-2019 10:13 PM:

Little Help.

How can I stop a 4 month old male from pissing in his house??

Posted by yadkinriver on 10-31-2019 11:51 PM:

Tim I have one now thats old and has always done it. When I put new bedding in I let him go couple days then take the wet bedding and put it in a corner of his kennel. He'll keep using it. When I wash out the kennel I just wash around it. Hope it works for you.

Posted by CHEWBACH on 10-31-2019 11:59 PM:

also try the smallest box he can fit in. just big enough he can cull up in and sleep! for a couple weeks or so.

Posted by nitehunter2004 on 11-01-2019 12:04 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Tim I have one now thats old and has always done it. When I put new bedding in I let him go couple days then take the wet bedding and put it in a corner of his kennel. He'll keep using it. When I wash out the kennel I just wash around it. Hope it works for you.

You may not believe this But that’s what I did today, hope it works because it’s getting old, Thank you.

Posted by nitehunter2004 on 11-01-2019 12:05 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by CHEWBACH
also try the smallest box he can fit in. just big enough he can cull up in and sleep! for a couple weeks or so.

Tried that, tried feeding him in his house.

Posted by nitehunter2004 on 11-01-2019 12:19 AM:

I’m gonna introduce him to Henry at 6 months old if I can’t find a fix.

Posted by bowling on 11-01-2019 12:58 AM:

Easy fix tie him outside a few days with no house done several that way they learn fast

Posted by nitehunter2004 on 11-01-2019 01:17 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by bowling
Easy fix tie him outside a few days with no house done several that way they learn fast

Tried that, put him back in kennel this week before all the rain started.

Posted by yadkintar on 11-01-2019 01:47 AM:

It’s a sighn of marking territory. When you need to pee real bad go pee in his box it works. Those rattler dogs will pee in their water bucket I tried everything and an old man told me to pee in it every day and don’t change the water for a couple weeks it works.

Tar

Posted by DL NH on 11-01-2019 02:05 AM:

Get him a new house that has never been used by another dog. Make it no bigger than what he can just curl up and lay down in. Keep it as small as possible. From day one in the new house start feeding him in that house. Most dogs will not urinate or crap where they eat. Watch pups when they are little. You feed them and then they leave the area where they've eaten to go find a place to empty out.

It's a nasty habit and I hate it too and won't keep one that does it.

Posted by BuckeyeBoys on 11-01-2019 02:30 PM:

help

Nitehunter I had a pup doing the very same thing. Is's absolutely the size of the box. I had mine in full size box and he would always pee in it. As he grew into the box he quit on his own. If you don't have a smaller box he will probably quit as he gets bigger. I know it's a pain and I wanted to kill mine, but he's turning into the best young dog I've ever had. I ended up putting cedar shavings in first then covered in straw then changed every week. At about 6 months old he quit. I also like earlier post put wet shavings in corner of kennel and that's were he started going. Hang in there, it might be worth it.