UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 30 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Houndsman XP Podcast (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928518334)

Posted by Steve Fielder on 05-08-2019 02:50 PM:

Houndsman XP Podcast

Looking for something different? Want to take your hound-hunting experience to the next level? Listen to the new Houndsman XP Podcast with co-hosts Chris Powell and me. New episodes posted each week with some of the sport's most informed and interesting personalities appearing in each episode. Check it out at:

https://sportsmensnation.com/podcasters/houndsman-xp

Should you want to be notified when each new episode is released, download a podcast player app such as Apple Podcasts or STITCHER to your smart phone or mobile device, click "Subscribe" and you will receive notifications when each new episode is released and will be able to listen with one click.

Questions? Email dogstar118@gmail.com or post them on Facebook at Houndsman_XP Podcast.

We welcome your feedback.

Posted by Allen / UKC on 05-08-2019 03:03 PM:

I listened to Episode 1 this past Monday. Interesting conversation with a Big Game Houndsman from Montana. Good stuff.

I've recently found podcasts to be an addictive source of news and information. My cell phone is now in the visor above my head during my 50-minute commute to and from work, listening to hunting related podcasts.

Posted by Steve Fielder on 05-08-2019 04:03 PM:

They are addictive Allen. We had a great conversation yesterday in Episode 4 with Gary Roberson of Mennard, TX who has been a contributor on this message board. Gary produces the Carnivore TV show on the Pursuit channel. He is an ambassador for Ruger Firearms and owns Burnham Brothers Game Calls. He is a houndman, hunting mountain lions in the Navajo nation in northeast Arizona with Blueticks. That episode will air next week.

Posted by Bruce m. Conkey on 05-08-2019 04:28 PM:

Do one with a vet on Thyroid Conditions in dogs. It will be a big hit here. God Bless and take care. Steve when you decide to put down the microphone and come up for a hunts. I am ready. Snakes out and Gators getting fat. Underbrush has come back strong and the skeeters are feeding. Need any more reasons to visit. Just let me know.
PS I have had my dogs two fang teeth removed so yours shouldn't have and scars to carry home with him.

Seriously a pod cast with Jean Dodds up in MI would be a bit hit and help to many.

Posted by Rowdy on 05-09-2019 03:55 AM:

Bruce Conkey

We are doing an interview with a hound hunting vet next week. We will be discussing tick borne disease and Thyroid problems among other issues.

Posted by Gary Roberson on 05-15-2019 09:30 PM:

I had a great time visiting with Chris and Steve on the Houndsman XP Podcast. We covered a lot of ground from CARNIVORE TV to how I got into hunting hounds to Burnham Brothers to being a Ruger Brand Ambassador to the traits that I try to breed for in my dogs. Ironically, Steve has hunted some ranches not too far from where I live and hunt.
I hope that you will take the time to go to the App Store, type in Podcast, then click on Apple Podcast. Then do a search for Houndsman XP and click on it and subscribe.
Thanks and Adios,
Gary

Posted by BrandonZadina on 05-15-2019 09:51 PM:

Great podcast

Very enjoyable podcasts. Highly recommended. Thanks for taking the time to do them.

Posted by Sonny Phipps on 05-16-2019 06:54 AM:

I love them!

Posted by chaz2012 on 05-16-2019 01:45 PM:

Go get one with that yadkintar dude so we can see just how good or crazy he is .

Charlie Portwood Jr.

Posted by yadkintar on 05-16-2019 01:58 PM:

I would but I am shy !!

Tar

Posted by Gary Roberson on 05-17-2019 02:40 PM:

Evidently a few folks tuned in and listened to Chris, Steve and I as I am getting positive responses from across the country. The popularity of Podcast is no doubt growing...who would have thought.
Adios,
Gary

Posted by Mike Reynolds on 05-17-2019 05:35 PM:

This is a really good thing you guys have going. My kids and I listened to the 1st podcast last night while we were driving. They are 12 and 7 but they seemed really interested in the history of hounds and coonhunting. Hard to get them to read anything sometimes but listening to it is the next best thing.

Posted by Cory Langford on 05-17-2019 08:02 PM:

Love the podcast!

Posted by Gary Roberson on 06-01-2019 04:50 PM:

I just returned from the Rez and had a good visit with Calvin Redhouse. He said that he talked with you and Steve for about two hours. I told him that I was jealous as I only talked about an hour and 15 minutes.
Adios,
Gary

Posted by JasperBlue18 on 06-12-2019 05:33 PM:

TTT

Bump for a good podcast. I’ve enjoyed it

Posted by Gary Roberson on 06-12-2019 05:45 PM:

Chris and Steve are doing a good job. I have listened to several of the podcast and enjoyed them. Looking forward to the one with Calvin Redhouse as he is part of the CARNIVORE CREW and like one of my sons.
Adios,
Gary

Posted by Allen / UKC on 06-12-2019 06:24 PM:

The one with Mike Thorman this week was another dandy. A topic that should raise awareness to ALL hunters. Most of us are failing miserably when it comes to the antis and getting involved with fighting for our rights to hunt and hunt with hounds. Unfortunately, we're also doing a fine job of handing the antis plenty of ammo to turn around and kill us with it.

Do yourself a favor and listen to the conversation with Thorman.

Posted by GCH Viper on 06-12-2019 07:16 PM:

Podcast

I can't express how much I have been enjoying this podcast! I think Steve could read the phone book and make it interesting to listen to..

Posted by Gary Roberson on 06-12-2019 07:39 PM:

GCH Viper, I don't know if I would go that far.......
Adios,
Gary

Posted by buckshot32000 on 06-13-2019 04:17 PM:

PODCAST

LOVE THE PODCAST

Posted by Rowdy on 06-14-2019 04:09 AM:

Thank you everyone

Steve and I appreciate your support. We have more great stuff coming.
Big announcement coming Monday.
We also have a project we are working on that will be revealed on July 1. It has a patriotic theme and I think it will be a big hit.

Posted by D Brothers on 06-14-2019 05:39 PM:

Great Stuff Chris and Steve enjoy it.

Posted by Philip Foster on 06-18-2019 12:57 AM:

I am really enjoying the podcast. Keep it up great stuff.

Posted by barnescreek on 06-18-2019 02:40 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Philip Foster
I am really enjoying the podcast. Keep it up great stuff.

X2

Posted by Gary Roberson on 07-02-2019 08:53 PM:

Enjoyed the interview with Calvin Redhouse. Calvin spend a couple of days with me last week and I introduced him to hog hunting. We caught eight hogs and three rattlesnakes and shot the hunt for CARNIVORE.
His wife, Marla and three year old daughter, Ayla were with him as well though they did not hunt.
Adios,
Gary