UKC Forums Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]
Show all 72 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Off Topic (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=53)
-- College Wrestling (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=180766)

Posted by NEOKHUNTER on 12-27-2010 02:32 PM:

Re: Re: college wrestiling

quote:
Originally posted by z sinnwell
Yea, what has happend to them lately? How did they like it when Perry came up to Iowa? They use to be pretty good.

Id say top 5 or 10 every year with over 30 national titles Id say they are still pretty darn good! deffinatley the most consistent team to be a threat over the past at least 30 years for sure.

Posted by z sinnwell on 12-27-2010 09:08 PM:

Neokhunter- they have thirty titles but most of them were before 1970. Since 1975 Ok st has won 7 national championships, Iowa has won it 23 times since '75. Im gonna have to go with Iowa as being the most consistent out there.

Ok st does have a good team this year but I think both Iowa and Ok st are going to have a tough time with the Cornell team.

Posted by Ricochet17 on 12-28-2010 12:14 AM:

Sinnwell, it sucks that Iowa doesn't face off with Wisconsin this year.

Posted by CoondogUp on 12-28-2010 05:11 AM:

Penn State is right there at the top this year, along with Cornell, Okie State and Minnesota. I'm a Iowa fan; with that said I just think Iowa is too young to make any serious noise this year. We'll learn more about Iowa this week at Midlands.

I get the pleasure of working tables Wed & Thurs at the Southern Scuffle in Greensboro, NC. If all goes well at 149 Kyle Dake and Darrion Caldwell may give us a little preview of the D-1 finals this year. Can't wait!!!

HOME OF:

RIP: GRCH GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR' HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER (SKIPPER X UNFORGIVENS PAIGE) Frozen Semen Available

RIP: GRNITECH 'PR' IOWA STYLE EXTREME LIZZY (GCH GRNITECH Bear Creek Hanna daughter)

GRWCH GRNITECH GRCH Belly Buster (Drifter x Half Breed Joey)

GRNITECH GRCH Iowa Style Wild Storm (Big D & 6 shots of Clover)

Posted by shakethevine on 12-29-2010 12:16 AM:

Don't forget about the Ohio State Buckeyes....they have a solid team this year.......I'm partial because I'm from Ohio and a kid that graduated from my high school wrestles for them..(Colt Sponseller)

Cell: 330-763-3225
Email: ericharter40@yahoo.com

Midnight Storm English Kennels
Owner: Eric Harter

Posted by RH. on 03-12-2011 06:33 PM:

DII NCAA Championships goin on this weeked.. Upper Iowa University will be having 5 All Americans and are sitting in 7th place.. Would like to wish my good friends Trevor Franklin at 125 and Kyle Pedretti at 133 good luck as they are still alive and in the semifinals on the top side and trying to win Titles!!

Posted by RH. on 03-12-2011 06:36 PM:

Just found out Pedretti lost Ch. Semifinal and cons. semi matches.. Franklin is in the finals

Posted by CoondogUp on 03-14-2011 06:27 AM:

Seth,
I just returned from DII NCAA Championships in Kearney, NE. Had a fantastic time and got to watch some great wrestling. We went and watched my son who qualified at 149lbs for UNC-Pembroke. He didn't All-American this year but has two more chances left. I really enjoyedwatching the Upper Iowa fans, especially when they beat/upset one of the UNO wrestlers : )

Oh by the way I did see a couple young lady's sporting "Franklin 125" tee-shirts...lol

HOME OF:

RIP: GRCH GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR' HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER (SKIPPER X UNFORGIVENS PAIGE) Frozen Semen Available

RIP: GRNITECH 'PR' IOWA STYLE EXTREME LIZZY (GCH GRNITECH Bear Creek Hanna daughter)

Posted by RH. on 03-15-2011 06:46 PM:

Thats great..I sure wish I could have made it out there but not good timing for me. It was pretty awesome looking through the brackets and seeing all of the iowa kids names from highschool. 2 years is plenty of time for him to get it done I'm sure!! And Franklin is one tough SOB..He's also got 2 years left..wheter its at 125 anymore i dont know.....Did you hear about UNO trying to drop their program? what a joke

Posted by RH. on 12-08-2011 01:09 AM:

That time of year again boys!!

#2 Matt McDonough

#2 Tony Ramos

#1 Montell Marion

#2 Derek St. John

#13 Mike Evans

#5 Ethen Lofthouse

#2 Grant Gambrall

HWT
#7 Bobby Telford

Posted by dixiedog on 12-09-2011 02:50 PM:

There is a boy from Liberty , Indiana that just signed to wrestle for Iowa. He won State Title as a Freshman , Sophomore , got 3rd place as a Junior and now is a Sr. I believe he has only lost 1 match in high school. He is track for another State Title this year.

Posted by Gaphillbeagles on 12-09-2011 03:32 PM:

Penn state!!

Look out for Penn State. Everyone knows pa has the toughest wrestling in the country!! And if you dissagree I can tell you have never competed in PA.

FCGD Gilkeys Buckshot Nick

Posted by RH. on 12-09-2011 05:48 PM:

sorry to let you know but penn state has had just as many problems with their wrestling team this year as the football program

Posted by Jeff Ashmore on 12-09-2011 09:04 PM:

We lost our College Program.

We lost our program at Eastern Illinois University a few years back, it was a darn shame. Lost scholarships first due to title whatever. Then couldn't get competive wrestlers so it was dropped.

I coached kids club for years then coach 3 years high school wrestling. My sons senior year we took 6 to state. Most ever by our high school. These kids stuck together from 5 grade on.

Now my youngest decided he wanted to wrestle as a freshman just starting, he knows it all. Give him a year and he will be asking dad and his brother for help. His brother would have been a college wrestler but his knee required major surgery, even worse that what doctors thought. He wrestled right up till qualified for state and everybody was jumping on that knee real bad. He met his goal and said: Dad I am done. We had no idea how bad it was 9 screws and steel plate and extra bone. His thought of college wrestling were over. Now we coonhunt and watch wrestling highschool level pretty close.

Glad to see wrestling and coonhunting combined on here, ( Instead of in the woods)!!!

The Steiners were great. My favorite was MR Perfect.

Latter Jeff

Posted by rrs on 12-09-2011 11:06 PM:

EIU did have a good program, was in school in the 1960s and were strong... Title nine ended quite a few programs in order to achieve gender equity in athletics- Slippery Rock is another good one that no longer exists....

Posted by Jeff Ashmore on 12-12-2011 02:03 PM:

RRS

Then did you Know Coach Clinton, he was a very good one. We have also turned out a few MMA guys and pro football players here at EIU and local fighters.

Nice to here grom you, Jeff

Posted by rrs on 12-12-2011 02:32 PM:

did.... eiu has produced several professional athletes in a variety of sports over the yrs... also has always been a strong academic institution... charlietown has changed quite a bit since I was there in school...

Posted by CoondogUp on 10-23-2019 07:09 PM:

2019 Wrestling season

WRESTLING Time! I thought I'd rekindle an old threat for $h!t$ and grins. Iowa is back to looking tough but are they strong enough to compete against Penn State? Iowa schedule this year has them competing against all Big Ten hammers and the home meets at CHA are going to be insane! What's your thoughts on the upcoming season?

HOME OF:

Posted by Ricochet17 on 10-25-2019 12:42 PM:

As usual, Big Ten wrestling will be exciting!

Posted by 4play on 10-25-2019 02:33 PM:

Big 10

Is the Power House of ALL College Wrestling
Iowa
Penn State
Ohio State
Michigan
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Nebraska

*Bad for Michigan this year is 4 of their best are taking an Olympic Redshirt*
Not sure if any one on other teams are

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Posted by dixiedog on 10-26-2019 02:18 AM:

I would say Indiana will make some noise this year. Coach has done a heck of a job recruiting.

Posted by 4play on 10-30-2019 03:45 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by dixiedog
I would say Indiana will make some noise this year. Coach has done a heck of a job recruiting.

They don't wrestle Michigan,Ohio State or Penn State so they better be .500 or better in their conference...lol

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}