UKC Forums
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Treeing Walkers (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=52)
-- What Were the Dominant Traits of Cowee Creek Clint Dogs? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928508433)

Posted by John Carroll on 08-26-2018 01:31 PM:

What Were the Dominant Traits of Cowee Creek Clint Dogs?

Walker men, help me here.

Posted by Bruce m. Conkey on 08-26-2018 02:06 PM:

He was the cross of two lines. Sackett, jr which goes back to the Yadkin River dogs. Those dogs then crossed on Lipper and house bred hounds. Produced Cowee Creek Clint

So you have two combinations that are powerful in the Walker breed. Sackett, jr had some tree power in his offspring. Rat is a good example while also having some good Yadkin River track dogs behind him.

The House line of dogs had the track dogs that would tree.

John the answer to your question will probably come out in what female you he was bred to.

I know you like most hunters are always looking and searching. My search stops with a dog I got from you. Really becoming a nice package that all you had to do is turn him loose. His genetics did the rest.

Posted by jay brademeyer on 08-26-2018 04:22 PM:

Large frame Hounds.. generally big mouths.. Allot of them had natural independence.. these were common denominators that I seen from Cowee Creek Clint

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Posted by jhouchin on 08-26-2018 04:29 PM:

Clint Dogs

I was around several of them.
The good was they had big mouths and big locates and could track well. Large frame dogs but could move around good.

The bad most of them were very average hunters.

They crossed well on Harry Females.

Posted by MOX on 08-26-2018 06:53 PM:

I'm a huge fan of the clint blood line. I've been hunting this line for about 11 years now. Currently hunting great grandpup of clint's. I've seen more than a few have the ability to run cold tracks very fast. Even tracks that other dogs had trouble smelling.

Posted by John Carroll on 08-26-2018 07:03 PM:

Thank you, gentlemen.

You are helping me.

Posted by daniel urffer on 08-26-2018 07:13 PM:

Mean as hell.

Posted by johnny reb on 08-26-2018 09:29 PM:

The mean as hell is something I've not experienced. I am no expert on Clint dogs. I have owned 5 directly off Clint and hunted with numerous others and being mean as hell is something I have not seen or experienced. I'm sure,there may ha e been some that were rough and my definition of mean may not be the same as Daniels.

Posted by Wes Coffman on 08-26-2018 11:10 PM:

Good reproducer. I liked the pups better out of the Teflon Don dog that was out of Clint.

Posted by Gmccall on 09-24-2018 04:18 AM:

Give Jim McConnell in Franklin NC a call he raised him won all the hunts with him.

Posted by Kler Kry on 10-04-2018 02:48 PM:

Cowee Creek Clint Dogs

Were they aggressive on track as well as tree?