UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 26 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- sexton brothers dog food? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=287333)

Posted by kyblackdogman on 07-14-2009 11:02 PM:

sexton brothers dog food?

anyone use this brand of food? How does it stack up? considering a change would like to hear from hunters

Posted by Tyler Hatcher on 07-14-2009 11:04 PM:

my buddy feeds it, he seems to like it, but i tryed it and if you hunt a dog hard its not enough but only 3-4 nights a week it seems to be a good food.

Posted by Jim Stinnett on 07-14-2009 11:18 PM:

Sexton

Its by far the best feed for the money.

I have fed every brand there is.

Sexton brothers is the best bang for the buck.

JMHO

Coon Hounds
Lake Village, IN
Cell: 219-712-4281
Email:jstinnett@upgen.us

*******HOME OF**********

PCH.GRCH. BRIAR BUSTEN SKEETER - BEAGLE
PCH. GRCH. BRIAR BUSTEN TRIXIE - BEAGLE
STYLISH BO - TREEING WALKER
CH.S&S BLUE BONNIE - BLUETICK
SPORTMIX DOG FOOD FED & RECOMMENED

Posted by Ship on 07-15-2009 02:03 AM:

Just switched to it from black gold since the price went way up. I like it havent hunted them hard on it but like it so far.

Posted by rdb on 07-15-2009 07:26 AM:

feed

this is is what i feed i have for about 12 yrs or so and i have had great luck with it i just switched to the 26% pro. and i really like it and its still tax and all 16 something i will keep feeding it i have not had any problems with it

Posted by kyblackdogman on 07-15-2009 10:11 PM:

thanks for all the input. I may give it a try.

Posted by Larry Mullins on 07-15-2009 10:48 PM:

I tried it about a year ago and it gave my dogs the runs, I don't like it at all.

Posted by Baker_R on 10-03-2009 12:47 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Larry Mullins
I tried it about a year ago and it gave my dogs the runs, I don't like it at all.

It will make your dog loose weight after all those messy runs too. More clean up, rough looking dogs don't outweigh the few dimes that you save feeding this crap. Their prices are as high the others now. So buy a good food if you have a dog that you like.

Posted by corky crowder on 10-03-2009 01:27 PM:

I FEED IT FOR A WHILE WHEN FRIST STARTED USING IT DONE GOOD THEN ONE BAG WOOD BE DARK NEXT BAG LIGHT DOGS GOT RUNS A ND LOST WEIGHT. ALSO I HAVE CAN I MEASURE MY DOG FOOD IN THE ONE I WAS USEING GAVE ME 35CANS PER 50LB SEXTON ONLY GOT 30 PER 50LB

CB&L KENNELS
HOME OF TREETALKIN
BLACK & TANS
CORKY CROWDER
BRANDON MAYO
LINDA CROWDER

PR TREETALKIN LITTLE SASSY
TREETALKIN TROOPERS BLEW
TREETALKIN RANGER DANGER
TREETALKIN LIL SHOOTEM UP JAKE
GRCHPR TREETALKIN NIGHTHAWK GONE BUT NEVER WILL BE FORGOTTEN R.I.P.

Posted by liberalcreek on 10-03-2009 02:18 PM:

Good feed.I have fed oit for 7-8 months and iot has been constant and the dogs have very little waste, no smell to speak of, and easy clean up afterwards. Shiny coats, healthy looking all the way around.

We bear hunt and ran dogs 14 days straight in it during training season and they looked as good after 2 weeks of hunting as when we started.

Posted by Baker_R on 10-03-2009 03:57 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by liberalcreek
Good feed.I have fed oit for 7-8 months and iot has been constant and the dogs have very little waste, no smell to speak of, and easy clean up afterwards. Shiny coats, healthy looking all the way around.

We bear hunt and ran dogs 14 days straight in it during training season and they looked as good after 2 weeks of hunting as when we started.

Glad to see that you like it. I like my dogs better than to feed it to them.

Posted by LonniePatterson on 10-04-2009 01:16 PM:

It's good feed for feeder buckets.

Posted by Cur Hunter on 10-04-2009 08:28 PM:

For those that say it gives your dogs loose stool. You are overfeeding it and need to cut back, or go to a food with less fat in it. The saw dust comment is from the dog's not properly digesting the food. The "sawdust" is ground yellow corn being passed thru the dog. Not saw dust. This applies to any dog food.

Posted by oldman on 10-04-2009 09:36 PM:

I had feed sexton bro. 26% feed for several yrs,then went to purina because of the rebate checks .after purina went to 44 lb. bags went back to using sextons.17.50 for a 50 lb. bag
I have never had any of the problems like some of you have mentioned. I have had hound, curs & feist.all have done good on it.I have gotten many good compliments from buyers of my pups
about how healthy & slick my dogs looks

Pound Va

Ph: 276-796-5321

i'm drinking from my saucer
cause my cup has overflowed

Posted by treedallnite on 10-04-2009 09:49 PM:

sexton bros dog food

i won two 20 lbs bags at a hunt feed it for two days and notice the dogs were real itchy stop feedin it and the itchin stopped don't no what cause it but the coons liked it in the feeders

Posted by steve pickett on 10-05-2009 03:20 AM:

SEXTON BRO.

I HAVE TRYED IT BUT DIDN'T LIKE IT,WHEN THEY MESSED IT WAS TO RUNNY SEEMED TO GO STRAIGHT THROUGH THEM.........

Posted by nathan cooley on 10-05-2009 05:50 AM:

the orange bag 20/20 is pretty good.

2014 perf. sir
GRCH NTCH Late Nite Swamp Bustin Blaze R.I.P
Liking River Cheddar Bob
Skuna River Crazy Kate

Posted by kycooner1 on 10-05-2009 12:11 PM:

I got a bag ,it smelled like Silage,, I couldn't feed it to my dogs,,but my horse liked it.

(CH GRNTCH STAR HILL RAGIN BLACK JUDGE x Ch NTCH Lil PUke)

Frank & Lisa Yates
RAYWICK KY
270-692-6713

Posted by BAWL_TRACK on 10-05-2009 04:36 PM:

i feed the white bag 24/18 no soy meat is the first thing on the back i like it dont have to use much at all to keep the dogs slick

Posted by trackntreeman on 10-05-2009 06:07 PM:

sextons

i fed it about 10 years ago and like to above comments i would get a bag that was light in color then a bag that was dark . then i noticed that the bags i was buying was marked ff which stood for FLOOR FOOD . they take the bags that bust and swipe them up and re package them , then i got a bag full of dirt and junk . so i started feeding puria . but when they raised the price and lowered their bags to 44 lbs. i found a new distributer for sextons and went back to it , i hunt about 3-6 nights a week i still mix alittle dog chow in with it for a extra boost but my dogs are doing great with it 21 - 10 mixture is what i use , but i recommend to stay away from FF marked feed unless your using it for feeder buckets !

Posted by liberalcreek on 10-05-2009 06:58 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Baker_R
Glad to see that you like it. I like my dogs better than to feed it to them.

Please don't show your ignorance and insinuate that I do not care for my dogs by feeding Sexton Bros Feed.

People whose dogs are having loose stool are being overfed.

A 50# bag will feed 3 dogs at my house for nearly 2 full weeks. They have very little stool, no waste, clean it up immediately, and are as healthy as they come. i have a 13 year old dog I still hunt 1-2 nights a week on it and he performs like a dog half his age.

Posted by kyhunter53 on 10-05-2009 11:07 PM:

It is good dogfood been feeding it to my dogs for years.

Posted by coonin77 on 01-16-2011 03:21 PM:

sexton

good feed bin using for yrs just have 1 place that still sells it in my area. luckly only 8 miles up the road

Posted by Knox on 01-16-2011 04:07 PM:

SEXTON BROTHERS...........

You can feed 'Ol Roy or Old Yeller, BlackGold, etc. and get the same results.............not much dif in any of these.

Try some Purina One, ProPlan, Diamond Extreme Athelete and see the results.....................Tim

You get what you pay for......!!!

=====================

Posted by AboutLastNight on 02-14-2011 05:59 PM:

New Retail location

You can now get it in Mt. Washington, KY

1123 N. Bardstown Rd.

a place called CJM Feed & Seed Co.