UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 29 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- What's your move (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928509483)

Posted by Hoosier Man1 on 09-18-2018 04:35 PM:

What's your move

I love hearing a good debate and often we can learn a thing or 2 from them.

4 dog cast. At time of draw out it seems the Judge knows one of the other cast members pretty well. We pass another cast of dogs on the way to the woods and drive half a mile or so past them and flip ours loose.

Turn our 4 out and we can faintly hear a dog from the other cast treed way right handed. A few minutes goes by and the judge strikes his dog. When asked if he was striking his dog way right handed toward the other cast (as that was the only dog heard) the judge throws his arms up and says " I don't know, is it" in a real smart tone, like we all know it's not my dog but what are you going to do about it since I have a buddy in the cast. I have been at this a long time and that's how I took it.

My question is how would you handle a situation like this? The only feasible thing to do is to bring it to a vote but we all know this is a total waste of time. The vote will go 2 to 2 on a judgement call. If you question it no MOH will overturn a judgement call in the woods. So what do you do? You pretty much realize from the first 5 minutes your entire hunt is shot with a judge like that. What can be done?

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Posted by Hoosier Man1 on 09-18-2018 09:48 PM:

Almost a few hundred views and no takers on what should be done.

I don't feel so bad about being clueless now when it happened.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Posted by TylerOSU on 09-18-2018 09:55 PM:

Mark it down.

Obviously you wouldn't have the upper hand in this situation. What would I do though? Question it and make him sweat it all the way back even though you more than likely wont win. The next thing id do is chalk it up as a loss and remember that mans name and face. I'm a firm believer in karma and it making its round. One night you may draw him again and get something in your eye and not be able to see or something...

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Posted by Tim Gump on 09-18-2018 10:37 PM:

i would have refused to cut loose with another cast near by.

Grnite ch Lil Chic Weed
Grnite ch ch PKC ch Tree Bustin Molly Nite ch Lone Pine Ladybug

Posted by JiM on 09-18-2018 10:58 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Gump
i would have refused to cut loose with another cast near by.

I think that would be the same as withdrawing.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Posted by Donnie Stevens on 09-18-2018 10:58 PM:

Did you question the call and ask for a vote ?

Posted by yadkintar on 09-18-2018 11:16 PM:

Trevor you and Richard will get them next year. Don't feel bad I didn't get to go to the world hunt either I am to only use my new pickup for Mobil ukc record keeping purposes only.

Tar

Posted by Tim Gump on 09-19-2018 06:18 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
I think that would be the same as withdrawing.

if the two casts come together you would have to delete the points. Im sure no one would want that.

Grnite ch Lil Chic Weed
Grnite ch ch PKC ch Tree Bustin Molly Nite ch Lone Pine Ladybug

Posted by Bill(Chew) on 09-19-2018 06:49 AM:

The thing to do at that point was to wait until the dogs in your cast start opening on track. Ask the judge which dog is his when all four dogs are opening. That should answer the question about the dog that he struck. If it was not his dog, ask for a vote, and if the vote is tied ask for a question mark on it.

Who knows, his buddy MAY have been honest. Maybe the judge would have owned up to his mistake if he was wrong.

My experience has been that MOST handlers/judges will play it straight if you know the rules and don't try to put them on the defensive.

Posted by ole hoss on 09-19-2018 09:42 AM:

I’ll pump my momma for a 100 if I get the chance and she struck the wrong dog, Friend? Would love too

Posted by Jason Gillespie on 09-19-2018 11:34 AM:

if its a 2 to 2 vote and cant get determined then score is deleted.

Lay-Up Kennels !!!!!!
Jason Gillespie
Marion , Indiana
(765)517-1591

*PAST AND PRESENT HOUNDS*

Ch NiteCh Gillespie's Lay-Up Lizzy R.I.P (Best reproducing female I have had in my Kennel) Produced 2 World Champions Hardwood Minnie & Spring Creek Pen-e-trator (Wave).

NSD World NiteCh NSD GrniteCh Ohio State CH UKC Grnitech PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Minnie (Lucky X's Lizzy)$KC ($114)
-2015 Mini Slam Final 4
-2016 Mini Slam Final 4
-2017 Mini Slam Final 4 (Grand Masters Qualified)Semi-Finalist
-2018 Mini Slam Final 4 (Grand Masters Qualified)
AO Slam Event Triple cast winner.2016
AO Night Hunt cast winner 2016.
2016 NSD Ohio State Champion.
2016 NSD Indiana State Ch 3rd place.
NSD GrniteCh
2016 Grand Masters Semi Finalist.

NSD World Nitech NSD Grnitech Ind State Ch UKC Grnitech Lay-Up's Spring Creek PEN-E-TRATOR A.K.A (WAVE) ( Grandson to SC Rock! Shows Rock 4xs in a 5 gen) ONLY LIVING GRNITECH GRANDSON TO SPRING CREEK ROCK ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!
2017 AO 9th Place Reg.
2017 NSD Indiana State NiteCh
2018 TW days 9th Place Reg.
2018 NSD World NiteCh
UKC Grnitech
NSD Grnitech
2019 AO Grand 16.

PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Ugg
PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Roxy
PR' Spring Creek Troopie

"Hunt them alone , if you want to take a Coondawg Home"

*Semen Stored @ Shultz Clinic in Michigan*
PRESERVATION FOR GENERATIONS !!!!

(RIP) Grnitech GrCh Hillbilly's Smoken Ringo Star HTX (Stud Fee $500)

Grnitech Taylors Lucky (Son of Henry Not for sale)

Grnitech Hardwood Patch (Not for Sale)

NSD WLDNITECH GRNITECH UKC GRNITECH PR' Lay-Ups Spring Creek PEN-E-TRATOR DNA-P ( Direct Grandson of SPRING CREEK ROCK!!!!)

PR'Gillespie's Lay-Up Lil Lucky (RIP)

Grnitech Stone Mountain Bronco

NiteCh PR'Hardwood Blackjack (Patch Son)

Posted by Jason Gillespie on 09-19-2018 11:34 AM:

Lay-Up Kennels !!!!!!
Jason Gillespie
Marion , Indiana
(765)517-1591

*PAST AND PRESENT HOUNDS*

Ch NiteCh Gillespie's Lay-Up Lizzy R.I.P (Best reproducing female I have had in my Kennel) Produced 2 World Champions Hardwood Minnie & Spring Creek Pen-e-trator (Wave).

NSD World NiteCh NSD GrniteCh Ohio State CH UKC Grnitech PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Minnie (Lucky X's Lizzy)$KC ($114)
-2015 Mini Slam Final 4
-2016 Mini Slam Final 4
-2017 Mini Slam Final 4 (Grand Masters Qualified)Semi-Finalist
-2018 Mini Slam Final 4 (Grand Masters Qualified)
AO Slam Event Triple cast winner.2016
AO Night Hunt cast winner 2016.
2016 NSD Ohio State Champion.
2016 NSD Indiana State Ch 3rd place.
NSD GrniteCh
2016 Grand Masters Semi Finalist.

NSD World Nitech NSD Grnitech Ind State Ch UKC Grnitech Lay-Up's Spring Creek PEN-E-TRATOR A.K.A (WAVE) ( Grandson to SC Rock! Shows Rock 4xs in a 5 gen) ONLY LIVING GRNITECH GRANDSON TO SPRING CREEK ROCK ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!
2017 AO 9th Place Reg.
2017 NSD Indiana State NiteCh
2018 TW days 9th Place Reg.
2018 NSD World NiteCh
UKC Grnitech
NSD Grnitech
2019 AO Grand 16.

PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Ugg
PR'Gillespie's Hardwood Roxy
PR' Spring Creek Troopie

"Hunt them alone , if you want to take a Coondawg Home"

*Semen Stored @ Shultz Clinic in Michigan*
PRESERVATION FOR GENERATIONS !!!!

(RIP) Grnitech GrCh Hillbilly's Smoken Ringo Star HTX (Stud Fee $500)

Grnitech Taylors Lucky (Son of Henry Not for sale)

Grnitech Hardwood Patch (Not for Sale)

NSD WLDNITECH GRNITECH UKC GRNITECH PR' Lay-Ups Spring Creek PEN-E-TRATOR DNA-P ( Direct Grandson of SPRING CREEK ROCK!!!!)

PR'Gillespie's Lay-Up Lil Lucky (RIP)

Grnitech Stone Mountain Bronco

NiteCh PR'Hardwood Blackjack (Patch Son)

Posted by jkidd1 on 09-19-2018 01:20 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Gillespie

Unless it's half the cast vote +, and half vote circle then the tree is circled.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Posted by jkidd1 on 09-19-2018 01:27 PM:

Trevor, I'd question it and bring it to a vote, if his buddy is backing for him, tell them you'd like to put a ? On that card and go back to club to MOH/Panel, the chances of winning it are slim but most that see your not putting up with it will change their way of thinking most times. To me if you feel you were wronged but just let it go and roll with it, your just as guilty.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Posted by Hoosier Man1 on 09-19-2018 02:32 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by jkidd1
Trevor, I'd question it and bring it to a vote, if his buddy is backing for him, tell them you'd like to put a ? On that card and go back to club to MOH/Panel, the chances of winning it are slim but most that see your not putting up with it will change their way of thinking most times. To me if you feel you were wrong but just let it go and roll with it, your just as guilty.

This is probably what should have happened. I just hate starting off a cast over a argument. I ask for a cast vote for striking the wrong dog right off and then I need these 2 guys to see a coon? I see a lose lose situation.

Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Posted by Hoosier Man1 on 09-19-2018 02:33 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Gillespie

Takes a majority to overturn the judge on a judgement call. Only when scoring a tree on a 2 to 2 vote would it be deleted.

Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Posted by swamp1 on 09-19-2018 03:39 PM:

What your move.

Soon as he struck his dog, I would have questioned it and ask for interference call because of cast being to close by to determine what dog opened.

Posted by Hoosier Man1 on 09-19-2018 04:08 PM:

Re: What your move.

quote:
Originally posted by swamp1
Soon as he struck his dog, I would have questioned it and ask for interference call because of cast being to close by to determine what dog opened.

We weren't really that close to the other cast. Close enough to hear dogs but faintly.

He struck his dog with the other cast and my dog fell treed 400 in front of us. He then treed his dog with mine. And the one that he struck in the other cast was still barking. When confronted and asked about it he laughed. I ever draw his pathetic self again in a cast the results will be much different. Before we turned loose he stated, he didn't want to be there, didn't care to be there, and could care less if he won. Only reason he was there was because he was paid to be. I feel sorry for the fool that was paying him.

Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Posted by wjoey on 09-19-2018 04:12 PM:

Strike yours too then he only has a 25 point advantage and roll on no need to argue just make the best of it

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Posted by Hoosier Man1 on 09-19-2018 04:48 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
Strike yours too then he only has a 25 point advantage and roll on no need to argue just make the best of it

Sure that makes sense. Strike mine right behind his, then he can say in for 75 and minus for 75 and not a thing I could do about it.

I guess the whole emphasis and point I'm trying to make is if you draw a judge and a buddy in a large event you have 2 options. Hope and pray they are honest, or throw a royal fit at the club demanding a non hunting judge.

I'd sure push for number 2 option with some of these sorry excuses for men.

Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Posted by Chris.S on 09-19-2018 04:54 PM:

After he struck his and replied like he did I would have commented.... So that must be you way right handed correct? That at least pins him down on a direction and distance. If his covered quick then I would have questioned whether his could have made it back and asked for a vote.

If your're gonna play that game I'm gonna call you on it when I get a chance.

Posted by swamp1 on 09-19-2018 07:05 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Chris.S
After he struck his and replied like he did I would have commented.... So that must be you way right handed correct? That at least pins him down on a direction and distance. If his covered quick then I would have questioned whether his could have made it back and asked for a vote.

If your're gonna play that game I'm gonna call you on it when I get a chance.

X 2, I know he had a garmin collar on his dog? 👉.

Posted by joey on 09-19-2018 08:20 PM:

You question it. Ive seen a lot of guys minus their buddy. If he doesn't then you have done this long enough to know how it works. I never question anything if I know I'm going to loose the vote. Unless I plan on going back to the MOH to point out they are cheating. At least then everyone knows.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Posted by wjoey on 09-19-2018 09:38 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Hoosier Man1
Sure that makes sense. Strike mine right behind his, then he can say in for 75 and minus for 75 and not a thing I could do about it.

I guess the whole emphasis and point I'm trying to make is if you draw a judge and a buddy in a large event you have 2 options. Hope and pray they are honest, or throw a royal fit at the club demanding a non hunting judge.

I'd sure push for number 2 option with some of these sorry excuses for men.

Your just not a very good handler or dont want to get along, I bet his strike was a mistake and he knew it so he was rather harsh with his reply when questioned so you should have demanded a vote and accepted the out come and went on with the hunt.

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Posted by Hoosier Man1 on 09-19-2018 09:48 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
Your just not a very good handler or dont want to get along, I bet his strike was a mistake and he knew it so he was rather harsh with his reply when questioned so you should have demanded a vote and accepted the out come and went on with the hunt.

Strike was a mistake? LOL I have heard it all now. I guess when he trees his dog and its moving that's a mistake also.

Trevor Hack
567-231-7413