UKC Forums Pages (15): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Show all 365 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Most Famous Coonhound (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=241956)

Posted by Stewart Hassler on 12-05-2008 11:24 PM:

1. Pac Man
2. House's Lipper
3. Spring Creek Rock
4. Dohony's Boone
5. Skean's Dolly

Posted by mike aylesworth on 12-05-2008 11:26 PM:

Around here the older competition hunters talk about being "Comatized". I wish I could have seen him go.

The all had a lot of respect for Reverend Moore's Rocky dog too.

Definitely talk about Coma and Pac Man the most.

Posted by chris baker on 12-05-2008 11:45 PM:

Haven't hunted with many Rat dogs but the ones I have have been coon dogs. Kenny Eads used to hunt one that if he would open on a track would be the toughest dog I ever followed. You talk about tree coon, that little dog could do it in style and way faster than most. I know everyone is going to say he was a still mouth but coon for coon you would loose your money every time. For all of them to be slick treeing idiots, How have they won what they have?

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-06-2008 12:08 AM:

the best dog i ever hunted was a beanblossom hound..heres beanblossom buck....

Posted by walkertalk on 12-06-2008 12:11 AM:

rat

him sealf was good to put the tree power in them pups now most need track power put back in them rat was not much of a dog to take and just tree coon aney hunter that knowes 1 thing about coon dogs would not wast there time with rat if they had to hunt him. rat was bread to the verry best of bitches so now they need bread to smothing that can run a track.if you think all rat dogs where COON DOGS you dont know wat a COON DOG is.

Posted by HBKennels on 12-06-2008 02:41 AM:

top walker

the best coondog in the world was 2 time champ spring creek rock. Or tenn big wheel.

Posted by BRYAN J on 12-06-2008 02:54 AM:

Im assuming no one thinks much of JetV? Now in my opinion he was a fine reproducer. But he's the wrong color from what everyone is talking about!

SAVE THE COON, HUNT WITH A HOUND!

Posted by NEOKHUNTER on 12-06-2008 03:02 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by BRYAN J
Im assuming no one thinks much of JetV? Now in my opinion he was a fine reproducer. But he's the wrong color from what everyone is talking about!

There we go. Come on guys. Walkers are fast dogs and heavy tree dogs to. But I do belive the Blue dogs have the best noses and I honestly thing that the English dogs have just as much speed and tree ability as any walker. So lets see some colored dogs talked about on here. jetV was a excellent producer!

Posted by Riverbottom Ron on 12-06-2008 04:05 AM:

BEST

ID HAVE TO GO WITH REX SIMS,,,,IT HAS TO BE BEANBLOSSOM BUCK BEST COONHOUND THAT ID EVER HUNTED WITH,EVEN IF HE WAS A WALKER ,,,,JUST KIDIN HE WAS THE BEST ID EVER HUNTED WITH PAST AND PRESENT

ALWAYS REMEMBER GOD GAVE US FRIENDS AND COONHOUNDS, " I AM A GREATLY BLESSED",HIGHLY FAVORED" " IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD "KEEP YOUR {FAITH IN GOD } FAITH SEES THE INVISIBLE,BELIEVES THE INCREDIBLE,AND RECIEVES THE IMPOSSIBLE. WERE BLESSED !!

Posted by Bill(Chew) on 12-06-2008 04:28 AM:

I guess that if it isn't a walker it just can't be famous.

There are GREAT dogs in every breed. Some are more well known than others. I will agree that the best KNOWN are Old Dan and Little Ann. I know that there are better dogs and better reproducers, but that's not what the question was.

For you walker fans, remember that Tennessee Lead is known as the foundation sire of the treeing walker breed and he was a Black and tan!

Posted by pookie40 on 12-06-2008 04:50 AM:

You are very right Bill. You are the grand prize winner! DAN & ANN

Posted by smokin-1-mo on 12-06-2008 05:13 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by pookie40
You are very right Bill. You are the grand prize winner! DAN & ANN

HOW MANY OF YOU NEW DAN AND ANN WHERE THE SAME DOG IN PART 2 AND HE COME FROM PIEDMONT MISSOURI......

CHRIS ....YOU ASK HOW THE RAT DOGS HAVE WON SO MUCH THATS A EASY ONE ............CIRCLE HERE AND CIRCLE THERE.........SOME ARE GOOD BUT MOST ARE COMMON.......

Posted by pookie40 on 12-06-2008 05:35 AM:

was that in the 1st movie

Posted by smokin-1-mo on 12-06-2008 05:54 AM:

NO SIRE THE SECOND ONE........THE OWNER OF THE REDBONE WAS GENE MANN FROM PIEDMONT MO.......

REX FIND US A PICTURE OF WOODSTOCK REDMAN......PLEASE...

Posted by pookie40 on 12-06-2008 07:05 AM:

Someone told me Steve Allen had passed away . Is this true.

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-06-2008 10:51 AM:

men ,I'll try and find any dog you want and post his pic. if I can find him....a little imformation on the dog you want would help me out a lot.....such as owner's name and about what year or decade .Riverbottom here's the beanblossom hound I owned and had the great honor of following behind for 3 season's she taught me what a real coondog was supposed to be......

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-06-2008 10:57 AM:

...heres a hound that's not a walker..Old Sandy..

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-06-2008 11:37 AM:

here you are Smokin-1-Mo...

Posted by Paul Jones on 12-06-2008 11:42 AM:

rex do you have a pic of nailer.

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-06-2008 11:56 AM:

here you go Paul.....Nocturnal Nailor.....

Posted by smokin-1-mo on 12-06-2008 02:23 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Rex W Sims
here you are Smokin-1-Mo...

REX RIGHT THERE IS A CONSISTANT WINNER AND A REPRODUCER........THANK YOU BUDDYI HAVE LOTS OF THEM OLD MAG.IN THE GARAGE I NEED TO GET ME A SCANNER.......

Posted by smokin-1-mo on 12-06-2008 02:25 PM:

KOJAK.......I THINK VERY EARLY 80S.........OUR LATE 70S.......

Posted by dustin15 on 12-06-2008 02:34 PM:

Hardwood Henry won alot , stylish clover produced alot of nice dogs

Posted by burdette on 12-06-2008 03:32 PM:

dont forget grntch ozarks screaming bo a black dog that made a big impact to the breed.

Posted by Rex W Sims on 12-06-2008 03:41 PM: