UKC Forums Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Show all 177 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Wolfs Kill Hound Durring U.k.c Hunt In Mn!! (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=377449)

Posted by rmcmillan on 09-24-2010 10:38 PM:

POINT IS WOLVES NEED CONTROLED BETTER THAN THEY ARE NOW!! BUT I AGREE WITH THE STATEMENT THAT THE OLE TIMERS WIPED THEM OUT FOR A REASON. AND I AGREE WITH IT 100%.

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Posted by C.Stoppelman on 09-24-2010 11:05 PM:

petition

The petition can be signed by anyone in any state it was just started and backed by the Minnesota Deer Hunter's but ANYONE can sign it ...thanks to everyone for the help and saport with all this

Chris Stoppelman

Posted by barryg35 on 09-24-2010 11:49 PM:

i got the email chris. i cant print it off till i get to work monday but i should be able to get quit a few signatures from dog hunters round here. i also run deer with dogs and i can get signatures from them also. when you need it back?

Posted by rmcmillan on 09-25-2010 12:58 AM:

ANYBODY WITH HUNTS COMING UP IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS, COULD GET A COPY OF PETITION AND HAVE IT AVAILABLE FOR ALL TO HUNT TO SIGN.

Posted by Chris Dailey on 09-25-2010 02:28 AM:

Hey Kila and Chris here is the names and numbers of the the MN trappers Ass Mn bear guide Ass and the Mn trail hound Ass presidents

Trappers Shawn Johnson 218-525-4970

Trail Hound Tim Hughes 763-691-8090

Mn bear guide Ass Dennis Unovich 218-787-2375

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/cjd_daa/IM000059.jpg

Posted by 4blues on 09-25-2010 02:49 AM:

I am not a hunter, but I think that if anyone is in the north woods up here in WI at night "hunting" needs to be able to protect themselves--UKC hunt or not! My parents and in-laws have property fairly far north. Dad routinely has serious bear damage literally at his front door. Wolves, bears, wild dogs...gives me the chills thinking about what any of them could do to my dogs.

Posted by Jim Hill on 09-25-2010 03:34 AM:

Been following these walker dogs since 1983,and love every min of it !!!!

http://minnesotastatecoonhunters.webs.com/

Use SunSpot Lights, so bright its like the sun came out at night !!!

Posted by mncoonhuntngrl on 09-25-2010 04:03 AM:

Thank you all!!

Thanks guys I got all the numbers hopefull criss is getting you all emails. I will be back on the phone in the am. Keepem comen in. We may be few but lets see how much He!! we can raise. Im happy my phone has been non stop since this post. PROGRESS

Posted by mncoonhuntngrl on 09-25-2010 04:05 AM:

Thank you all!!

Thanks guys I got all the numbers hopefull criss is getting you all emails. I will be back on the phone in the am. Keepem comen in. We may be few but lets see how much He!! we can raise. Im happy my phone has been non stop since this post. PROGRESS Chriss heres a email for yah they want a pettion: bradnynlin@mwaterfowl.com

Posted by C.Stoppelman on 09-25-2010 05:22 AM:

thanks

a HUGE thank you to evryone helping with this ANY help I'm VERY greatful for...Chris and Bob I'll try and figure out how to get you copys of them I've even got a few in sporting goods shops for people to sign and going to go hit a few more this weekend and see what I can do to raise awareness...talk about a non stop full time job with lots of overtime so again THANKS TO EVERYONE HELPING!!!!!!!

Chris Stoppelman

Posted by rmcmillan on 09-25-2010 06:09 PM:

BTT

Posted by Chris Dailey on 09-25-2010 07:05 PM:

Here is a list I found on a beagle website of confirmed wolf kills in MI and WI it just a short list and know its not from MN but we have more wolves here then WI and MI combined.

3/8/2009 Oneida Cassian Pack 1 dog killed (Beagle)
4/24/2009 Washburn Namakagon Barrens Pack 1 dog killed (Sheba Inu)
5/29/2009 Iron Chaney Lake Pack 1 dog injured (German Shorthair)
6/9/2009 Douglas South Range Pack 1 dog injured (Dachsund)
6/19/2009 Adams Petenwell Pack (probable) 1 dog killed (Beagle)
7/4/2009 Clark Brushy Ridge Pack 1 dog killed (Walker)
7/4/2009 Oneida Cassian Pack 1 dog killed (Redbone, 2 yr female), 1 dog injured (Walker, 3 yr male)
7/7/2009 Ashland Torch River Pack 1 dog killed (Dachsund)
7/8/2009 Clark Eau Claire River Pack 1 dog killed (Bluetick, 5 yr female)
7/13/2009 Forest Giant Pine Pack 4 dogs injured
7/19/2009 Burnett Riverside Pack 1 dog killed (Redtick, male, 9 yrs)
7/23/2009 Oneida Pelican Lake Pack 1 dog killed (Walker, female, 10 yrs)
7/26/2009 Clark Iron Run Pack 1 dog killed, 1 injured
7/26/2009 Bayfield Flag River Pack 1 dog killed (Walker, male, 4 yrs)
7/31/2009 Clark Eau Claire River Pack 1 dog killed (Plott, female, 5 yrs)
8/6/2009 Burnett Lipsett Lake Pack 1 dog killed (Bluetick, male, 6 yrs)
8/7/2009 Ashland Black Lake Pack 1 dog killed (Walker, male, 3 yrs)
8/15/2009 Clark Brushy Ridge Pack 1 dog killed (Plott, male, 2 1/2 yrs), 1 injured (Plott, male, 4 yrs)
8/21/2009 Ashland Shanagolden Pack 1 dog killed (Plott/Walker, male, 2.5 yrs)
9/1/2009 Douglas N/A 1 dog injured (Yorkie/Poodle, female, 2 yrs)
9/10/2009 Ashland Shanagolden Pack 1 dog killed (July hound, female, 5 yrs)
9/10/2009 Ashland Log Creek Pack 2 dogs killed (Redtick, female, 3 yrs; Bluetick, female, 9 yrs)
9/13/2009 Douglas Lake Nebagamon 1 dog killed (Walker, female, 3 yrs)
9/15/2009 Ashland Shanagolden Pack 1 dog killed (Redbone, male, 3 1/2 yrs)
9/16/2009 Lincoln Averill Creek Pack 1 dog killed (Redbone/Plott, male, 6 yrs)
9/22/2009 Sawyer Log Creek Pack 1 dog killed (Walker, male)
9/26/2009 Ashland Shanagolden Pack 1 dog injured (Bluetick, male 5 yrs)

this report is from 2009

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/cjd_daa/IM000059.jpg

Posted by C.Stoppelman on 09-25-2010 07:15 PM:

info

Chris thanks for the info i know of WI's DNR page they have a report for 2010 and if I remember right there's been 26 total with 17 kills ...just with there was info on the mN DNR site...here's the story I've came up with of the horiable night

On Saturday September 18th 2010 I went to a U.K.C licened event in Fosston,MN with my hound U.K.C CH NITECH'PR' ZIMMERMAN'S PEP-E.Where I drew out with

one of my close hunting friends Kila Butler who was hunting NITECH GRCH CLASSON TALL TREE BARNEY.Our guide was Brandon Oien an 18 year old member of the

culb. The night was going great between the first two drops we only used twenty minutes and had scored on two coons.Then on the third drop we cut loose and didn't hear

the hounds for ten minuties then they opened up to the side of us and Brandon goes "that's not good...that's a big bog swamp" but we could still hear the hounds

somewhat so we stood there and listened to the hounds and could tell they were getting deep and Brandon goes "wow they must be way over behind the pig barns" and

about that time a fight broke out and we weren't sure if they caught a coon on the ground or were fighting or what and after about a mintute or so my hound shut up and

Barney wasn't sounding like himself, it sounded like he was working his way back toward us but stopping and barking in places along the way. At this point I looked at Kila

and Brandon and said "you guys I have this feeling something isn't right here" and then we couldn't hear Barney so I started the 8 minute rules on them and we all said if

the 8 gets them we are calling time and driving like crazy to get over there cause walking through the swamp was not a option.The 8 expired and as we were walking back

toward the truck we could hear brush breaking down toward the swamp so we started calling for them, while still walking toward the truck. As we approached the truck we

heard growling at the truck and I shined my light and saw Barney standing with his feet on the tailgate looking every direction growling so Kila goes "Barney load" which he

did and went to the back of the box and started growling. So at this point we thought o.k. where's Pep-E and what the heck happened so I pulled out the tracking system

so he was a long ways off so we drove as fast as we could to where we thought he was. I pulled out the tracking system to track him.

Then Kila got Barney out of the dog box and saw that he had bite marks on his hind legs and one under his chest and I told Kila and Brandon "you guys he's not moving

and sounds like he's down in that swamp" so we drove down a field road behind some pig barns and got a good reading and that we weren't very far in the swamp, but we

were all so scared to wanta go in the swamp but Kila says "Chris we have to Pep-E could be in there hurt WE HAVE TO" so we put our fear away and went in the swamp

to start tracking and according to my tracker it had me walking in circles and I couldn't figure out what was going on. We could hear brush breaking so we all thought he

was scared and running in circles and didn't want to come to us. Finally I said here Kila you take this stupid Tracker cause I can't get a reading and she turned it way down

and said "he has to be right there" and I took two steps and Brandon says"oh my gosh there he is I can see the green blinking light of his tracking collar' shut off your light

and you can see him" so I did and couldn't see the light so I asked "where" and he goes "right there...right infront of you" so I shut off my light again and Brandon goes "oh

no...he's on the ground". So I flipped on my light again and Brandon goes he's just to your right" and I turned and my light beam was right on him and he was laying there

dead and I couldn't stand the site and turned around and thank goodness there was a tree behind me to brace me and hold me up.Then Kila walked over and put her arm

around me and says "give me your light I'll go pull his collars" so I did and as she was we could still hear some brush braking behind us and I said " NO...I HAVE TO SEE

HIM". So I walked up and viewed him for a minute while Kila get the collars off and then she says "LET'S GET OUT OF HERE NOW!!!!!!" So we fast trotted out of the

swamp and got in the truck and she told Brandon" TURN THIS THING AROUND AND FLOOR IT", as we were scared for our lifes.So we headed back to the club house and

I told everyone what had happened and we called the state patrol as they have a line to contact the game warden on duty and that night there wasn't one on duty. So we

called and left messages about what had happened and the following morning the officer came out to see the body and do an investigation. Because the DNR has to do an

investigation so we couldn't move the body that night. After doing an investigation in which we found two sets of tracks around the hound and in circles around it was

determined it was in fact a wolf attack. I was then told by the game warden that the state does NOT compensate for pets, only livestock and that a dog is not considered

livestock, but that he would notify the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Assocation and see what they had to say on the matter. Because there had been a few other people in the

state that had dogs killed and got some compensation. That following Monday I got a call back from the DNR officer and he told me he got a hold of the Fish and Wildlife

Assocation and they said "sorry but we don't compensate for pets, only livestock and because it was a dog and not livestock, and the first report that we don't feel the need

to send out fedral trappers to trap them". Because the wolfs are federally protected by the MN DNR and couldn't do anything about it. As much as they wanted to because

they know how much of a problem wolves are becomming and something needs to be done to control them as there are more and more reports of wolf problems every year.

Ranging from livestock being injured or killed, pets even on chains in back yards, to even kids being watched and stalked after they get off the bus from school.This article

is meant to raise awareness that wolves are becoming a problem and need to have more control over them, but by being federally protected states can't. So until the wolves

are removed from the federal list they are going to be protected and given right to keep killing and putting fear into people.So please help get the wolves off the endanged

speices list so they can be controlled by the state which they know are a problem rather then people in washington D.C. who don't have to deal with them everyday.

Chris Stoppelman

In memory is CH NITECH'PR' ZIMMERMAN'S PEP-E....gone but not forgotten

Posted by Wayne Valentino on 09-25-2010 07:35 PM:

You got em

you need to kill em... Nuff Said.....

Posted by C.Stoppelman on 09-26-2010 12:12 AM:

btt

btt

Posted by Jim Hill on 09-26-2010 01:33 AM:

Re: Wolfs Kill Hound Durring U.k.c Hunt In Mn!!

quote:
Originally posted by C.Stoppelman
on Sat Aug 18th durring a U.K.C hunt my hound was killed by two FEDERALY PROTECTED WOLFS and then we was being stalked by them and just lucky we wasn't attacked and we all know you can't carry a gun durring a U.K.C or get barred but I have to ask where do we draw the line??? is a gun at lest in the truck ok??? and as far as what the DNR and feds said is that because this was the first attack and there hasn't been a problem befor that they aren't even sending out trapers or shooters to take care of them!!! so does this mean they're just going to keep looking away till to many get killed or what will it take??? a human? a child? I mean we are all so scared now that none of us wanta cut a hound loose and we surely can't take kids...which are the future of this sport....SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!!!!! just I have no idea where to start (but have a few people helping).

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE FEDEARL GOVERMENT DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO OUR HOUNDS!!!!!

Posted by Richard Nethery on 09-26-2010 02:01 AM:

Federal Protection or not, I would kill the wolves.

GRNITECH GR"CH "PR" KIZERS Bleedin Blue Slugger, Bluetick and PR Netherys Trixie Bluetick

Posted by Jim Hill on 09-26-2010 04:57 AM:

Re: Wolfs Kill Hound Durring U.k.c Hunt In Mn!!

quote:
Originally posted by C.Stoppelman
on Sat Aug 18th durring a U.K.C hunt my hound was killed by two FEDERALY PROTECTED WOLFS and then we was being stalked by them and just lucky we wasn't attacked and we all know you can't carry a gun durring a U.K.C or get barred but I have to ask where do we draw the line??? is a gun at lest in the truck ok??? and as far as what the DNR and feds said is that because this was the first attack and there hasn't been a problem befor that they aren't even sending out trapers or shooters to take care of them!!! so does this mean they're just going to keep looking away till to many get killed or what will it take??? a human? a child? I mean we are all so scared now that none of us wanta cut a hound loose and we surely can't take kids...which are the future of this sport....SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!!!!! just I have no idea where to start (but have a few people helping).

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE FEDEARL GOVERMENT DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO OUR HOUNDS!!!!!

Posted by bandithunter on 09-26-2010 12:43 PM:

For those of you that think you can do something through govt. channels, here's a thought. Look up how much $$$ Idaho and Montana raised by selling tags on land sharks. When the Minn. dnr sees $$$$ they just might be more helpful. Me, I will deal with it in my own way.

Posted by Bob Hennessey on 09-26-2010 03:02 PM:

A Fed judge blocked the hunts. Feds. are back in control out there to now.

You can't fix STUPID!

Posted by Jim Hill on 09-26-2010 06:32 PM:

Posted by C.Stoppelman on 09-27-2010 11:59 PM:

update

Well after hrs and hrs and getting noplace I've found out I wont get even one dime in compinsatition for my hound because acording to the way the laws for MN are set up that only livestock will be payed for....nice to know that people care more about a $10 duck then someones hunting dog or pet!!!!! but there's a few lawmakers looking into this and see what can be done to change this..... so hats off to the person who came up this law and never thought about pets!!!!

Posted by rmcmillan on 09-28-2010 12:28 AM:

KEEP PUSHING THOSE LAW MAKERS OR IT WILL DIE.

Posted by rmcmillan on 09-28-2010 12:31 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Dailey
Here is a list I found on a beagle website of confirmed wolf kills in MI and WI it just a short list and know its not from MN but we have more wolves here then WI and MI combined.

3/8/2009 Oneida Cassian Pack 1 dog killed (Beagle)
4/24/2009 Washburn Namakagon Barrens Pack 1 dog killed (Sheba Inu)
5/29/2009 Iron Chaney Lake Pack 1 dog injured (German Shorthair)
6/9/2009 Douglas South Range Pack 1 dog injured (Dachsund)
6/19/2009 Adams Petenwell Pack (probable) 1 dog killed (Beagle)
7/4/2009 Clark Brushy Ridge Pack 1 dog killed (Walker)
7/4/2009 Oneida Cassian Pack 1 dog killed (Redbone, 2 yr female), 1 dog injured (Walker, 3 yr male)
7/7/2009 Ashland Torch River Pack 1 dog killed (Dachsund)
7/8/2009 Clark Eau Claire River Pack 1 dog killed (Bluetick, 5 yr female)
7/13/2009 Forest Giant Pine Pack 4 dogs injured
7/19/2009 Burnett Riverside Pack 1 dog killed (Redtick, male, 9 yrs)
7/23/2009 Oneida Pelican Lake Pack 1 dog killed (Walker, female, 10 yrs)
7/26/2009 Clark Iron Run Pack 1 dog killed, 1 injured
7/26/2009 Bayfield Flag River Pack 1 dog killed (Walker, male, 4 yrs)
7/31/2009 Clark Eau Claire River Pack 1 dog killed (Plott, female, 5 yrs)
8/6/2009 Burnett Lipsett Lake Pack 1 dog killed (Bluetick, male, 6 yrs)
8/7/2009 Ashland Black Lake Pack 1 dog killed (Walker, male, 3 yrs)
8/15/2009 Clark Brushy Ridge Pack 1 dog killed (Plott, male, 2 1/2 yrs), 1 injured (Plott, male, 4 yrs)
8/21/2009 Ashland Shanagolden Pack 1 dog killed (Plott/Walker, male, 2.5 yrs)
9/1/2009 Douglas N/A 1 dog injured (Yorkie/Poodle, female, 2 yrs)
9/10/2009 Ashland Shanagolden Pack 1 dog killed (July hound, female, 5 yrs)
9/10/2009 Ashland Log Creek Pack 2 dogs killed (Redtick, female, 3 yrs; Bluetick, female, 9 yrs)
9/13/2009 Douglas Lake Nebagamon 1 dog killed (Walker, female, 3 yrs)
9/15/2009 Ashland Shanagolden Pack 1 dog killed (Redbone, male, 3 1/2 yrs)
9/16/2009 Lincoln Averill Creek Pack 1 dog killed (Redbone/Plott, male, 6 yrs)
9/22/2009 Sawyer Log Creek Pack 1 dog killed (Walker, male)
9/26/2009 Ashland Shanagolden Pack 1 dog injured (Bluetick, male 5 yrs)

this report is from 2009

BOY THAT IS ALOT OF DOGS THE LAND SHARKS GOT, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ONES THAT WERE NOT REPORTED.

Posted by rmcmillan on 09-28-2010 12:39 AM:

KEEP THIS PHOTOS ON EVERYONES MIND

quote:
Originally posted by josh tetting
This was dave Samuels dog you guys may know him may have seen these pics already.

its a **** shame that these animals our running around eating our deer killing our friends they should be eraticated or in a zoo
whare they belong...

COPIED FROM BIG GAME THREAD, HOUNDS KILLED BY WOLVES. CHECK IT OUT.

KEEP THIS ON EVERYONES MIND, STILL MAKES ME SICK AND THEN MAD THAT THESE BEASTS CAN DO THIS.