UKC Forums Pages (2): « 1 [2]
Show all 44 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Nocturnal Nailer ?? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=242228)

Posted by Ralph Williams on 12-07-2008 10:33 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by truebluefordman
they all where ILL. yes 99% where some of the best tree dogs alive but all would it a dog up right now... that was a true trait of nailer...
I for one know of 1 that was not ill. Grand Nite Yadkin River Chubbs. He won the Grand American a few years ago. I hunted with him a good bit and I NEVER saw him even pay attention to another dog. So they were not ALL ill !!!

Posted by Maniac on 12-07-2008 10:55 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by toe cutter
JIM,--could be they were trained by an idiot , but slick treeing is a bred in fault.it is caused by weak tracking ability.the track is the math the tree is the answer ,if they can't do the math they will never get the answer right. i would say who ever made the cross that produced the slick treeing dogs was the idiot. any time you have a stud bred as much as nailor,sackett jr or some of the other dogs that were bred so much, your gonna have them all over the board. and its because the breeder did not know how to cross dogs for their traits. most were crossed to make money on what ever was the top going stud dog at the time, not to produce balanced dogs.nailor was a overpowering tree dog, bred to a female that was all tree dog and weak on the track could and did produced slick treeing idiots, you can not train a dog to be a good track dog,it has to be bred into them.there is no stud dog that will dominate the traits of any and every female he is bred to.slap happy breeding to make money is what produced so many culls from all stud dogs.when you see a all grand litter,do you take into consideration that the cross was made to produce all grands on the papers and no thought to traits and if the cross will produce a balanced dog?.just because two i had were slick treeing idiots does not mean they all were. just like because all the ones you hunted with were not, does not mean that NONE were.any idiot can pay the stud fee and breed his female, it takes some one with some breeding knowledge to breed the right female to the right stud to produce a balanced litter of coondogs ...................TC
Aman

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0522.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/1619.jpg

IF YOU WANT TO PACK HUNT
BUY YOU A PAIR BEAGLES!

GR NITE CH. HARWOODMANIAC JR 4 # 2 TOP 100 UKC WORLD 2013 OWNER JAY HYDE & DAVID DEPEW

GRNITE CH Hoghill Harwood Kasper
owners Hyde Warlick Leatherman
Qualified for 2013 world Hhunt
OWNER HYDE & WARLICK LEATHERMAN. MY PH 574 306 8438
K-LIGHTS ph.936 767 4965
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0734.jpg

Posted by michael 48834 on 12-07-2008 11:33 PM:

BREEDING

TOECUTTER

YOU COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER ABOUT BREEDING.
I CAN AND WILL SAY THOUGH THE BEST HOUND I HAD WAS A STYLISH CLOVER FEMALE AND SHE WOULD ON OCATION SLICK TREE,BUT SINCE SHE HAS BEEN HUNTED EVERYDAY JUST ABOUT SHE HASNT SLICK TREED.

Posted by Paul Jones on 12-08-2008 12:49 AM:

thank you all for the info and picture i sure do appreciate it. Douglas P Jones.

Posted by toe cutter on 12-08-2008 01:42 AM:

Re: nailor

quote:
Originally posted by crittergetter12

here is my male directly out of nailor great track dog and has the coon 90 to 95 % of the time best dog i ever followed

since pups show more of their grand parents traits then their parents (proven fact) arent you cutting sackett jr and tar rattler kind of short on the credit for your dogs abilty. there is more then a fair share of genes in your dog that are not nailors alone.yadkin tar rattler was 10 years old before he was bred all that much,he was a tree dog, frank giddins favored track dogs, people tend to forget sackett jrs tracking ability,i would say your dog is accurate because of sackett jr and his trait of being a top track dog.sackett jr had the coon on 99% of the trees he treed on. he was bred to so many females, you will find his pups all over the board, just like any highly bred stud dog. the tree dog came from rattler. nailor was just a funnel to get it there. if you look at enough pups out of any highly bred dog you will see a common trait that each put in their pups.--nailor-tree dogs,,,logans wild clover--tight mouthed tree dogs,,finley river dan --open trailing -track dogs,,lipper-- loose mouthed track dogs..stylish hayes jr--balanced on track and tree..each produced their fair share of decent dogs crossed with the right female,crossed with the wrong female each produced their fair share of idiots.......................TC

Posted by Chiggers on 12-08-2008 01:58 AM:

Re: Re: nailor

quote:
since pups show more of their grand parents traits then their parents (proven fact) arent you cutting sackett jr and tar rattler kind of short on the credit for your dogs abilty. there is more then a fair share of genes in your dog that are not nailors alone.yadkin tar rattler was 10 years old before he was bred all that much,he was a tree dog, frank giddins favored track dogs, people tend to forget sackett jrs tracking ability,i would say your dog is accurate because of sackett jr and his trait of being a top track dog.sackett jr had the coon on 99% of the trees he treed on. he was bred to so many females, you will find his pups all over the board, just like any highly bred stud dog. the tree dog came from rattler. nailor was just a funnel to get it there. if you look at enough pups out of any highly bred dog you will see a common trait that each put in their pups.--nailor-tree dogs,,,logans wild clover--tight mouthed tree dogs,,finley river dan --open trailing -track dogs,,lipper-- loose mouthed track dogs..stylish hayes jr--balanced on track and tree..each produced their fair share of decent dogs crossed with the right female,crossed with the wrong female each produced their fair share of idiots.......................TC
I read an article on Jr were Frank said he slick treed very often when he was a young dog, he said he just kept hunting him and he got out of it.

Posted by toe cutter on 12-08-2008 02:26 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by truebluefordman
why dont you all tell the other side to them .. they all where ILL. yes 99% where some of the best tree dogs alive but all would it a dog up right now... that was a true trait of nailer... dont get me wrong he pass on the whole package coon dog as do a lot of studs but he did it with style though.
i think your percentage of rough dogs out of nailor is exagerated some what. but that is a trait that yadkin tar rattler passed down to many dogs out of him. bred to a female with this trait is what brought it out in some of nailors pups.its all in the breeding, the four grand parents and the four great grand parents triats come into play a whole lot more then people consider when making a cross.untill people are willing to line breed for desired traits and only out cross to remove faults, you will only have a shot in the dark of producing a balanced strain of dogs.Gary Hern produced some of the best line bred walker dogs to ever wear a dog collar.world ch red eagle dick was the sire of world ch smokin joe and world ch sparkys alabama eagle. smokin joe was out of a female sired by world ch rock river banjo. he bred a male out of alabama eagle to a female out of smokin joe and produced pups with red eagle dicks traits of drive,big mouthed independant accurate dogs that were balanced on track and tree power, keeping the traits of finley river dan and crowding cindy in his line of red eagle dogs.....................TC

Posted by toe cutter on 12-08-2008 02:36 AM:

Re: Re: Re: nailor

quote:
Originally posted by Chiggers
I read an article on Jr were Frank said he slick treed very often when he was a young dog, he said he just kept hunting him and he got out of it.
i never hunted with him when he was young. i also have heard the same about rock river gap,must be they hunted it out if him too. i know for a fact ganns finisher was a deer running fool when he was a young dog because i hunted him. that was hunted out of him too. not very many dogs are born with out some thing that needs to be worked out of them with hunting or time and age.................TC

Posted by MikeO on 12-08-2008 03:09 AM:

Re: Re: Re: nailor

quote:
Originally posted by Chiggers

yep that's the truth, i hunted with a couple guys that hunted with frank and Jr. they said frank BROKE him the old fashioned way. lol

And the pup 'pr' Owen's Rock River Ace...

Mike Owen owner/handler. hunting in style (WALKER STYLE)

Posted by idbowdude on 12-08-2008 05:06 AM:

Have friend that has 2 six month old female pups. If you interested PM me I'll give you his name & number. He's in Idaho.

------------------Woodscreek Loose Bruce
------------Tall Timber
------------------Marosok's Sugar
-----Bearwhippin Willy
------------------Holum's Banjo
-------------Frontier Banjo Daisy
------------------Schuler's Gap Mtn. Sue
--Pups
------------------Yadkin Tar Rattler
-------------Nocturnal Nalior
------------------Lockdown Lassie
-----Lousie
------------------Hardwood Patch
-------------Hardwood Freckles
------------------Coon Craven Raven

Posted by bigboy6577 on 04-10-2011 03:33 AM:

well i have dog out of nailor and well coon treein s.o b never slick treed 90% accurate and he is 12 yrs old and still out hunts my pups

Posted by mucket on 04-10-2011 04:27 AM:

*******GRNITECH 'PR' NOCTURNAL SKIPPER**

***WLDNITECH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' X JR***

*******GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' HARDIE'S BIGTIME TRIXIE**

***NITECH CH 'PR' AKERS X PAC**** (4 wins to grand)

*******GRNITECH 'PR' NOCTURNAL NAILOR**

***GRNITECH 'PR' NOCTURNAL SADIE***

*******GRNITECH 'PR' RUSTY'S FANCY**

Posted by cooncrazy30 on 04-10-2011 04:29 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by bigboy6577
well i have dog out of nailor and well coon treein s.o b never slick treed 90% accurate and he is 12 yrs old and still out hunts my pups

If he never slick treed shouldn't his accuracy be 100%! Just saying!!

CH PR Kelly's Broad Creek Brash Hog ( 2-1st place toward nite ch!) ($60 PKC life time earnings!)
(High scoreing english male southern english Association sectional
300+)
PR Kelly's Late Round Bound Lacey
1/2 owner of Nite ch morgans little gypsi (260$ pkc money)

Posted by pinneyexcavatio on 04-10-2011 04:40 AM:

ill

quote:
Originally posted by Ralph Williams
I for one know of 1 that was not ill. Grand Nite Yadkin River Chubbs. He won the Grand American a few years ago. I hunted with him a good bit and I NEVER saw him even pay attention to another dog. So they were not ALL ill !!!

i'll have to agree with you. i hunted with nailor several times before he was a 2 yr old. i never seen a facebark or growl out of him. he didnt have time to do this he was to busy treein. he was definetely one of the most impressive tree dogs i've ever seen.

i have seen a few fussy dogs out of him but as many as there are out there out of him i would expect a few.

any doubts on nailor dogs ability just look at the world championships dang near every dog placing has nailor in there somewhere

Posted by bigboy6577 on 04-11-2011 01:50 AM:

i was talkin about treein trash,,,,not slick treeing out of the 20 hunts i had him on cause i just bought 3 months ago it has been a coon 18 times out of 20 and the other two time well i dont know what was in the hole in the ground but i had to pull him out i could not see anything in there so idk 2 times out of 20 so 90% accurate

Posted by Jim Hill on 04-11-2011 02:26 AM:

Re: Re: nailor

quote:
to each there own i like nailor and sackett jr dogs, its all i own ,and ive never had a slick treein one out of him

Been following these walker dogs since 1983,and love every min of it !!!!

http://minnesotastatecoonhunters.webs.com/

Use SunSpot Lights, so bright its like the sun came out at night !!!

Posted by Diggerman on 04-11-2011 01:03 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by idbowdude
Have friend that has 2 six month old female pups. If you interested PM me I'll give you his name & number. He's in Idaho.

------------------Woodscreek Loose Bruce
------------Tall Timber
------------------Marosok's Sugar
-----Bearwhippin Willy
------------------Holum's Banjo
-------------Frontier Banjo Daisy
------------------Schuler's Gap Mtn. Sue
--Pups
------------------Yadkin Tar Rattler
-------------Nocturnal Nalior
------------------Lockdown Lassie
-----Lousie
------------------Hardwood Patch
-------------Hardwood Freckles
------------------Coon Craven Raven

Hey ,I realize this post is 3 years old , but do you know the whereabouts of the Willy dog?

Posted by coon dawwg on 04-11-2011 01:33 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by
They seem to generally be large size dogs too.
As for slick treeing, my experience with them has been just the opposit Just about any idiot can train any treedog to be a slick treeing idiot. Many dogs get blamed for their trainers stupidity.

......yyyyyyyyup............agree 100%........

Posted by Hoosier Outlaw on 04-12-2011 09:01 AM:

I hunted against Nailor 3 times. I believe he was a young nt.ch. the first 2 times. I was handling Wessel"s Wild Casey
and I remember Nailor winning one cast, Casey winning one and I'm not sure on the 3rd cast. Jess was handling each time. The thing I remember most was what a tremendous tree dog he was. Nailor and Casey were split treed all night in those casts. I remember him being a very accurate dog with a HUGE locate that impressed everyone in those casts. Of all the dogs I drew in competition over the years, I always remember Nailor the most....he was a big,loud, impressive tree dog....Shane

Hoosier Outlaw / Moonlight Redbones
1994 American Redbone Coonhound Association Hunter of the Year
My first 3 redbones raised from pup's were:
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Billy the Kid
Dual Gr.Ch.- PKC Ch. Outlaw Timber Girl
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Scarlett Fever
(((( Current Favorites ))))
2013 AKC Ladies World Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch.- PKC Ch- AKC Ladies World Ch Ky Moonlight Breanna
Gr.Nt.Ch. - PKC Ch. Ky Moonlight Woody
Dual Grand Moonlight Deana
Dual Grand Ch.- PKC Ch. Moonlight AfterShock
Dual Grand Nighty Night Amber
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Big Time Britt
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Billy Jean
Gr.Nt.Ch-PKC Ch.-2015 PKC Red Days Champ Outlaw Cherry Bomb
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Breeze
Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man (over $20.000 won in PKC & CHKC) 2019 Southern Redbone Days Overall Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Mac
Gr.Nt.Ch. Classy Cali (Heavy Outlaw bred)
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Cat Scratch Fever
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Addiction
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Overdose
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Jinx
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Banshee
"Always outnumbered...Never outgunned!"
To enjoy lots of pics and videos of out redbones, find me on Facebook
as Shenandoah Maxey