UKC Forums
Show all 4 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=)
-- Ban On Hunting With Hounds In California For Bear nd Cat (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=497374)

Posted by slownsteady on 04-17-2012 04:11 AM:

Ban On Hunting With Hounds In California For Bear nd Cat

Please call Senator Noreen Evans at 916-651-4002 and ask her to vote NO on SB 1221.
I talked to them today and they said there getting a lot of calls on this .
We can win this if all of us will take action . Be polite but please call.
Thanks Ernie

Posted by slowandeasy on 06-29-2012 05:57 AM:

California Houndsmen need help!!!!!

California Houndsmen need help!!!!!
Well guys,

I called every number that voted yes for the bill. Of course you only get to speak to the flunkies. But I left word that it was no longer just within the boundaries of California, that people were upset clear to the Carolinas.

I politely stated that there were a lot of people from out-of-state that came to California and put $3-$5000 into California's economy. And then asked, what their position on the bill was. And when they happily said yes they were voting for it. I politely informed them that I was contacting many people that hunt from out of state and the general consensus, Was that we were all going to continue to put $3-$5000 into California's economy even if they do pass the bill. The only difference, was instead of spending it on a hunting trip. That we would be donating the money to whoever was running against them in the next election.

All of the flunkies that answered the phone were quite shocked. But I really don't think they cared, and I don't know if they will even deliver the message. Several were actually quite rude. But I guess that is how it is when you have no respect for the people that you work for.

I find it so hard to believe, that the citizens of of California can accept the fact that their tax dollars are being spent on wildlife management. When it should be a game and fish issue. Anyway I really just wanted to let people know, that they were typical politicians with no respect for the people they are supposed to represent.

It ain't over till it's over, Willy

slowandeasy

If everybody could do this from all over the US it would get there attention, this fight in California isn't just our fight it's ALL OF OURS FIGHT Like Percelle said years ago:

“We are going to use the ballot box and the democratic process to stop all hunting in the United States ... We will take it species by species until all hunting is stopped in California. Then we will take it state by state.”
— Full Cry magazine

You would think that when a group lays out how and what they intend to do to us that it
would be easy to prove to our **** head law makers what there all about!

Well maybe I can make it clear as mud. This is an open invitation to everyone from Maine to California to make the same calls that I made today. It was really quite easy to get through, I didn't get a busy signal on any one of the numbers. Remind them, that the out-of-state hunters are organizing and will donate the $3-$5000 that they normally would have spent on a hunting trip to to whoever is running against the ones that vote yes on the bill.

Let me remind you, to be polite when you are explaining this. And believe me for several of them it will be hard. Especially the one that was the co-author of the bill. Two of them I actually had to ask them to stop being so rude and interrupting. So be be prepared to bite your tongue it was hard for me!!

I think I only had approximately 20 min. in the whole ordeal. So from the East Coast to the West Coast get busy because you only have tomorrow. And I don't think a few phone calls will break anyone.

Even if as I suspect, the flunkies are not giving the messages to the big kahuna. They may not have given mine. But if they get bombarded they will let the message out by accident, just from being frustrated.

Please Call all who did not vote and the ones that voted yes, Please do not bother the ones who voted no because they are all ready on our side and have been getting overrun with calls.

This is them let them know how you feel!

VOTE NO ON SB 1221

Jared Huffman...voted yes..........................Mike Gatto did not vote
PH 916 319 2006......................................Ph 916 319 2043
Fax 916 319 2106.....................................Fax 916 319 2143

Linda Halderman...voted no....................... Roger Hernandez did not vote
PH 916 319 2029......................................Ph 916 319 2057
Fax 916 319 2129.....................................Fax 916 319 2157

Bill Berryhill...voted no .............................Ben Hueso voted yes
PH 916 319 2026.....................................Ph 916 319 2079
Fax 916 319 2126....................................Fax 916 319 2179

Bob Blumenfield ..vote yes...........................Brian Jones vote no
PH 916 319 2040.....................................Ph 916 319 2077
Fax 916 319 2140....................................Fax 916 319 2177

Nora Campos.....voted yes .......................Ricardo Lara out sick and didn't vote
PH 916 319 2023....................................Ph 916 319 2050
Fax 916 319 2123...................................fax 916 319 2150

Paul Fong......voted yes............................Mariko Yamada voted yes
PH 916 319 2022....................................Ph 916 319 2008
Fax 916 319 2122...................................Fax 916 319 2108

Beth Gaines voted no

Leave Gatto and Hernandez alone for now but call Lara.

Posted by dmxak47 on 07-03-2012 05:13 AM:

do you know the outcome? i hope this didnt go through

Posted by slowandeasy on 07-03-2012 06:12 PM:

YES IT DID PASS