UKC Forums Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »
Show all 60 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Curs and Feists (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=5)
-- Plott Hound in the Kemmer Cur? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=385165)

Posted by fdm on 11-04-2010 03:07 AM:

Plott Hound in the Kemmer Cur?

If this old post from another forum is true, there is not much doubt about it. Oh, by the way, it was written by a former KSBA registrar. "Just got back from hunting with a fellow in East Tennessee. We had a long walk next to the Smoky Mountain Naitonal Park. Talked dogs. Walked our butts off for one coon. Had 3 OMCBA curs, two 1 1/2 year olds and one 6 month old pup. My friend knew Kemmer way back when and sold him a dog and his friend sold him a dog. These two guys were some tough old bear hunters. They also knew Gene White who had plott dogs and lived in Knoxville. If there is a female named Midnight Sally or Black Sally, she is 3/4 plott and 1/4 pit. The sire of this dog was one of Carl Roark's best plotts. Robert bought two buckskin plotts from Gene White. They were out of Gene's Weems bred male and a cascade bred buckskin female plott. Gene bought this dog from Arza Scott who lived in Washinton state. She was a real bear dog. Silent until the jump but one of the best bear dogs I saw when I lived in Washington. Guess what this little buckskin plott's name was. BLONDIE. She was a Cascade bred plott and in Cascade Big Timber. The Weem's bred plott that Gene had and was bred to Blondie was Junior and he had one heck of a cold nose and was full open on track.

This is not BS. Just the facts. I have known the guys that told me this for years and they are brutal honest and don't see anything wrong with crosses. They don't like lying about the ancestors.
Don't mean to stir up crap. You likely already know this. Just figured that after what you been through with this bunch, you ought to know as much truth as possible.

The stupidity and greed in this is amazing. Nothing at all wrong with crossing plotts on curs and calling them Kemmers. The problem was lying about it. Guess the reason was to sell them as registered mountain curs. He should have come clean when the Kemmer registry was started. One of the ironic things was the deal that Cal Allen pulled. It was the same thing that Robert did but Cal didn't use a plott. However, Cal's dogs must do ok on big game out west. I wonder what Robert's reaction was to Cal's trick. Don't know how he could really condem the act with a straight face. Silence was probably the best course. I think the NKC has the best idea. The mountain curs are full of the same history. Made for better dogs I guess. Ought to be something in the by-laws of both organizations to open registration for both and allow outcrosses that will improve the breed and keep papers honest. If papers are honest, the foundation stock ( whatever that is ) people could avoid the new blood if they wanted. Figure that would be the best deal. As it is no one knows but most really do and look the other way and grumble or hunt the outcrosses and crow. Hunting dogs should be an evolving breed and the only way to really do that is outcrossing and selection. Oh well, I just wish I had a silent mouth, hard hunting dog that would give me a chance at bobcat on this Cumberland Plateau ledge country. I don't care it is pink poodle.
I personally hunted with Blondie. Blondie was a Cascade plott and one of the best little bear dogs you could ever want to see go. I would be glad if she was in my dogs pedigree. The Cascade line of dogs that deMoss had in Washington was really a line of dogs that Dee DeMoss stole from Everett Weems. Weems sent a bunch of pups out west for de Moss to hunt and Dee told Everett that they were no good and that he killed them. They were real good. They were Timber and his litermates. Blondie was inbred out of these dogs. A 25 year old alcoholic bear hunter who hunted with deMoss owened her. He needed beer money and Gene White bought her and brought her to Knoxville. Oliver Smith bought Timber and brought him to Knoxville. I think Oliver had some young dogs worked on caged bear at Renegade Resort in Crossville where Robert worked as a "guide". You could kill a polar bear at that place if you had enough money. Once saw a kid kill a grizzly bear at that place. They got the poor thing from a zoo and had it in a cage, turned it loose and put dogs on it. Think Robert may have liked the way the Cascade blood worked. Gene White had some dogs from Weem's stock. Junior and Little Junior were real cold nosed bear dogs. One of these dogs was bred to Blondie and some of the pups were buckskin like their mom. These are the ones that are supposed to have gone to Crossville. The sire of Black Sally was a top plott bear dog out RC Roark's line. So the dogs back there that were used were really good dogs. You got good dogs behind your dogs.
Bickford's last article in Full Cry was ironic. He mentioned talking about the Cascade line of plotts with Robert. Wonder how that converstion went.
Oliver used to advertize Timber as the world's greatest bear dog. He was good but no dog is that good but he and his littermates were the best built plotts that I ever saw and real good bear dogs. That is all that they were ever really hunted on. Cat and coon who knows. I would not call them good bobcat dogs on what I remember of them in the woods but they were never hunted on them to amount to anything so who knows."

Posted by nccatfisher on 11-04-2010 04:31 AM:

Re: Plott Hound in the Kemmer Cur?

quote:
Originally posted by fdm
If this old post from another forum is true, there is not much doubt about it. Oh, by the way, it was written by a former KSBA registrar. "Just got back from hunting with a fellow in East Tennessee. We had a long walk next to the Smoky Mountain Naitonal Park. Talked dogs. Walked our butts off for one coon. Had 3 OMCBA curs, two 1 1/2 year olds and one 6 month old pup. My friend knew Kemmer way back when and sold him a dog and his friend sold him a dog. These two guys were some tough old bear hunters. They also knew Gene White who had plott dogs and lived in Knoxville. If there is a female named Midnight Sally or Black Sally, she is 3/4 plott and 1/4 pit. The sire of this dog was one of Carl Roark's best plotts. Robert bought two buckskin plotts from Gene White. They were out of Gene's Weems bred male and a cascade bred buckskin female plott. Gene bought this dog from Arza Scott who lived in Washinton state. She was a real bear dog. Silent until the jump but one of the best bear dogs I saw when I lived in Washington. Guess what this little buckskin plott's name was. BLONDIE. She was a Cascade bred plott and in Cascade Big Timber. The Weem's bred plott that Gene had and was bred to Blondie was Junior and he had one heck of a cold nose and was full open on track.

This is not BS. Just the facts. I have known the guys that told me this for years and they are brutal honest and don't see anything wrong with crosses. They don't like lying about the ancestors.
Don't mean to stir up crap. You likely already know this. Just figured that after what you been through with this bunch, you ought to know as much truth as possible.

The stupidity and greed in this is amazing. Nothing at all wrong with crossing plotts on curs and calling them Kemmers. The problem was lying about it. Guess the reason was to sell them as registered mountain curs. He should have come clean when the Kemmer registry was started. One of the ironic things was the deal that Cal Allen pulled. It was the same thing that Robert did but Cal didn't use a plott. However, Cal's dogs must do ok on big game out west. I wonder what Robert's reaction was to Cal's trick. Don't know how he could really condem the act with a straight face. Silence was probably the best course. I think the NKC has the best idea. The mountain curs are full of the same history. Made for better dogs I guess. Ought to be something in the by-laws of both organizations to open registration for both and allow outcrosses that will improve the breed and keep papers honest. If papers are honest, the foundation stock ( whatever that is ) people could avoid the new blood if they wanted. Figure that would be the best deal. As it is no one knows but most really do and look the other way and grumble or hunt the outcrosses and crow. Hunting dogs should be an evolving breed and the only way to really do that is outcrossing and selection. Oh well, I just wish I had a silent mouth, hard hunting dog that would give me a chance at bobcat on this Cumberland Plateau ledge country. I don't care it is pink poodle.
I personally hunted with Blondie. Blondie was a Cascade plott and one of the best little bear dogs you could ever want to see go. I would be glad if she was in my dogs pedigree. The Cascade line of dogs that deMoss had in Washington was really a line of dogs that Dee DeMoss stole from Everett Weems. Weems sent a bunch of pups out west for de Moss to hunt and Dee told Everett that they were no good and that he killed them. They were real good. They were Timber and his litermates. Blondie was inbred out of these dogs. A 25 year old alcoholic bear hunter who hunted with deMoss owened her. He needed beer money and Gene White bought her and brought her to Knoxville. Oliver Smith bought Timber and brought him to Knoxville. I think Oliver had some young dogs worked on caged bear at Renegade Resort in Crossville where Robert worked as a "guide". You could kill a polar bear at that place if you had enough money. Once saw a kid kill a grizzly bear at that place. They got the poor thing from a zoo and had it in a cage, turned it loose and put dogs on it. Think Robert may have liked the way the Cascade blood worked. Gene White had some dogs from Weem's stock. Junior and Little Junior were real cold nosed bear dogs. One of these dogs was bred to Blondie and some of the pups were buckskin like their mom. These are the ones that are supposed to have gone to Crossville. The sire of Black Sally was a top plott bear dog out RC Roark's line. So the dogs back there that were used were really good dogs. You got good dogs behind your dogs.
Bickford's last article in Full Cry was ironic. He mentioned talking about the Cascade line of plotts with Robert. Wonder how that converstion went.
Oliver used to advertize Timber as the world's greatest bear dog. He was good but no dog is that good but he and his littermates were the best built plotts that I ever saw and real good bear dogs. That is all that they were ever really hunted on. Cat and coon who knows. I would not call them good bobcat dogs on what I remember of them in the woods but they were never hunted on them to amount to anything so who knows."

Well now, how does it feel to have you head removed from that abyss known as Robert's butt and breathe fresh air for a while? I am pretty certain you have been told something along this line several times before. What was it you have been preaching about the only true 100% pure curs?

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Posted by coondogedog on 11-04-2010 01:04 PM:

Re: Plott Hound in the Kemmer Cur?

quote:
Originally posted by fdm

Was this "former registrar" given the boot for doing things he shouldn't have been doing? Keep in mind that because one person says something doesn't make it true! Lots of people will say hurtful things when their feelings are hurt. I'd talk to Robert and other knowledgeable folks before I bought into that story you just repeated. JMO.

Posted by nccatfisher on 11-04-2010 01:53 PM:

Re: Re: Plott Hound in the Kemmer Cur?

quote:
Originally posted by coondogedog
Was this "former registrar" given the boot for doing things he shouldn't have been doing?

No, in fact this was probably before you were buying Kool Aid by the 55gallon barrel. In fact the registrar you are referring to wasn't given the boot for doing thing he wasn't supposed to. He left because he was being pressured to do things he WASN'T supposed to and he wouldn't. That was an outdated practice yet robert still wanted to continue it.

Posted by coondogedog on 11-04-2010 03:18 PM:

Why are you so excited? I just asked a question. I love Kool-Aid. I drink it by the gallon. I asked FDM the question, not you.

Posted by nccatfisher on 11-04-2010 03:38 PM:

quote:
Why are you so excited? I just asked a question. I love Kool-Aid. I drink it by the gallon. I asked FDM the question, not you.

I get excited when I see a KoolAid drinker get a turd from the bottom of the punch bowl, you know some of them quit floating after a while. LOL

FDM finally found this out. Answer me this. How are dogs that are in the KSBA now mysteriously turning up 100% kemmer when they have full brother and sisters that aren't? How are dogs that were just feist a couple of years ago now Hybrids and have the upper echelon singing praises that they were ole so and so's half brother and sister from a cousin once removed? You made the statement that it took an azz to stay on one site yesterday, but it takes a dumbazz to believe that crap your swallowing.

Posted by silverzuk on 11-04-2010 04:40 PM:

Interesting first post.

Maybe some day you will come to the same conclusion that I have.

My conclusion is that I could care less about papers, pedigrees, or organizations. You look at the dog first. Where a buck is to be made, there will be crooks. Papers will make a crook a buck.

I am all about the dogs. The dog is what it is, regardless of its lineage.

With that said, I look back into pedigrees of dogs I KNOW.
I know those dogs, I know their faults, and their strong suits.
I can often see where a dog gets many of its traits.

I can talk to others that I TRUST about dogs in a pedigree.
No title ever made a dog, no papers ever made a dog.
However, titles and papers have kept a lot of culls alive because "they were worth something". Meaning they were going to sell the cull to some unsuspecting person that generally doesn't know much about dogs.

Posted by TURBO DOG on 11-04-2010 06:17 PM:

Re: Re: Plott Hound in the Kemmer Cur?

quote:
Originally posted by nccatfisher
Well now, how does it feel to have you head removed from that abyss known as Robert's butt and breathe fresh air for a while? I am pretty certain you have been told something along this line several times before. What was it you have been preaching about the only true 100% pure curs?

Tim, like you mentioned to fdm before! He only knows what he can find on the 'world wide web'. Guess he found Todds old post on SDC which was removed as was on Foothills because of the lies and half truths!

He did something similar on the Kemmer board a while back:

----------------------------

OMCBA World Hunt
Topic Started: Dec 21 2009, 10:01 AM (628 Views) Edit Topic Title
Deleted User Dec 21 2009, 10:01 AM IP: 69.244.9.244 · Post #1
Deleted User

OMCBA World Hunt
Well, the circus was in town at Jamestown, Tn. over the week end, some winners desided by the flip of a coin. The weather was bad or I would have took the grandkids to see all the clowns. I understand that a Kemmer Cur was Top Dog at the circus. A lot of the clowns were female doging about the lack of game. The game is in Fentress Co, Tn. you just have to have dogs that can find it.

TURBO DOG Dec 21 2009, 11:06 AM IP: 74.165.234.86 · Post #2
Top Dog!

Group:Business
Member#28
What do you Hunt
Sq and Coon
State
LOUISIANA
Name
CHARLES FASOLA
Mr Miller, I am not sure of who you are or what your beef is with the OMCBA! but I do not want to disrespect another organization on this site! Lords knows the KSBA gets its share and we have always tried to take the high road and hopefully that is where we will stay.

I am not a member of the OMCBA but, even with its on set of problems, they are the premier cur association in our tree dog fraternity whether you or anyone else likes it or not!!

You can go to the hater boards if you like and they would be more than willing to oblige your thoughts about the omcba.

This board is for Kemmer and Hybrid fanciers to share their dogs and fellowship with each other and you are more than welcome to join us!

Thank you,

Charles
CHARLES FASOLA
28657 HH WILLIAMS RD
ANGIE, LA 70426;cell 985-516-4763
http://treeprokennels.webs.com/
fasolacharles@yahoo.com[/email]

--------------------------------------------------------

This post made by Todd on SDC back in 08 was also addressed on our board.

TURBO DOG Apr 7 2008, 10:40 AM IP: 74.165.234.86 · Post #13
Top Dog!

Group:Business
Member#28
What do you Hunt
Sq and Coon
State
LOUISIANA
Name
CHARLES FASOLA
The naysayers have told so many lies and half truths, they are beginning to believe them! Here is a post Todd Pounds made of sq dog central about Robert's Plott dog infusion theory.

Calvin, spoke to Robert This morning and read him this post! Robert said that he did buy dogs from a lot of folks in his earlier days and he did buy a buckskin plott pup for $40 from this fellow. The pup got mange and shy and died at 3 mos old. He did buy a catch dog also that was bull dog and plott. He also bought a Mt Cur from this same fellow named "Brindle Bob" the sire to Blondie. He guess the fellow forgot to mention that. Blondie was foundation stock Mt Cur. Robert says that this post is full of lies and half truths!

Here is a prime example of "HALF TURTHS" and "LIES" from the naysayers, that are so eat up with hatered that they swarm to lies like vultures to try and destroy Robert Kemmer. WOW, how pitiful!

The KSBA just went through the unpleasant ordeal of removing some of the worst members ever to be associated with the KSBA, not all of them but most. The KSBA had the worst registrar in the history of the KSBA because of slanderous remarks and lies just like this post he made.

Guess what, this small fly in the ointment just made the KSBA stronger and more determined than ever to protect and promote its dogs and members.

Please read, Robert Kemmer is still alive. Anyone could pick up the phone and call him with any questions. HE has nothing to hide from anyone, never has, never will. His accuseors on the other hand can't say the same.

Charles Fasola

See attached post:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just got back from hunting with a fellow in East Tennessee. We had a long walk next to the Smoky Mountain Naitonal Park. Talked dogs. Walked our butts off for one coon. Had 3 OMCBA curs, two 1 1/2 year olds and one 6 month old pup. My friend knew Kemmer way back when and sold him a dog and his friend sold him a dog. These two guys were some tough old bear hunters. They also knew Gene White who had plott dogs and lived in Knoxville. If there is a female named Midnight Sally or Black Sally, she is 3/4 plott and 1/4 pit. The sire of this dog was one of Carl Roark's best plotts. Robert bought two buckskin plotts from Gene White. They were out of Gene's Weems bred male and a cascade bred buckskin female plott. Gene bought this dog from Arza Scott who lived in Washinton state. She was a real bear dog. Silent until the jump but one of the best bear dogs I saw when I lived in Washington. Guess what this little buckskin plott's name was. BLONDIE. She was a Cascade bred plott and in Cascade Big Timber. The Weem's bred plott that Gene had and was bred to Blondie was Junior and he had one heck of a cold nose and was full open on track.

Oliver used to advertize Timber as the world's greatest bear dog. He was good but no dog is that good but he and his littermates were the best built plotts that I ever saw and real good bear dogs. That is all that they were ever really hunted on. Cat and coon who knows. I would not call them good bobcat dogs on what I remember of them in the woods but they were never hunted on them to amount to anything so who knows.
-----------------------------

CHARLES FASOLA
28657 HH WILLIAMS RD
ANGIE, LA 70426;cell 985-516-4763
http://treeprokennels.webs.com/
[email]fasolacharles@yahoo.com

---------------------------------------

Posted by nccatfisher on 11-04-2010 06:50 PM:

Charles, it is good of you to chime in. You have any comment about the papers turning up on these "feist" that are hybrids now?

Posted by TURBO DOG on 11-04-2010 07:01 PM:

quote:
Charles, it is good of you to chime in. You have any comment about the papers turning up on these "feist" that are hybrids now?

Sure Tim, give me an example or some facts! Name a dog! Be glad to help you if I can!!

Posted by fdm on 11-04-2010 07:12 PM:

Well I guess there will be no more fish frys for me.

Posted by nccatfisher on 11-04-2010 07:18 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by fdm
Well I guess there will be no more fish frys for me.

You ain't welcome at Robert's place anymore? LOL

Posted by nccatfisher on 11-04-2010 07:23 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by TURBO DOG
Sure Tim, give me an example or some facts! Name a dog! Be glad to help you if I can!!

Yep that was what I thought.

Posted by TURBO DOG on 11-04-2010 07:37 PM:

quote:
Yep that was what I thought.

You took the words right out of my mouth!!

Posted by BIGMOOSE on 11-04-2010 07:40 PM:

And the truth shall set you free.

Posted by fdm on 11-04-2010 09:00 PM:

Guess what? come to find out TUBRO DOG is the President of the KSBA. Here is part of a old post of his on the Kemmer forum, "What an individual does with his dogs is his business! Like Calvin said, you can breed your white paper Kemmer to 'whatever' and that is no concern to the KSBA." From this sounds like anything goes in the KSBA. Wonder who they have got juggling the KSBA registry for them now?

Posted by coondogedog on 11-04-2010 09:03 PM:

Well, Phisher, where are the names?

Posted by CHAD S on 11-04-2010 10:02 PM:

CHARLES,

Are you the fella that Johnny Goss pimp slapped at a competition hunt?

Posted by TURBO DOG on 11-04-2010 10:46 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by fdm
Guess what? come to find out TUBRO DOG is the President of the KSBA. Here is part of a old post of his on the Kemmer forum, "What an individual does with his dogs is his business! Like Calvin said, you can breed your white paper Kemmer to 'whatever' and that is no concern to the KSBA." From this sounds like anything goes in the KSBA. Wonder who they have got juggling the KSBA registry for them now?

fdm, I am sure you are a special person. Hope you have caught a dog by now so you can go hunt'en. You may fair a little better than you do on the boards!!

You need to let Tim and his bunch guide you a little better in the Kemmer bashing dept!

Good luck!!

Posted by nccatfisher on 11-04-2010 10:51 PM:

quote:
Well, Phisher, where are the names?

I posted a pic. on another board of one, it got sidestepped. I don't figure it would fare any better here. Got another one but the guy really hasn't said anything to me so I am setting on that one for now. I wouldn't make any difference to people like you.

Kinda like you making the statement on the original post "I'd talk to Robert and other knowledgeable folks before I bought into that story you just repeated."

Did you bother to talk to Carl before you brought up the feist issue in the OMCBA?

Posted by nccatfisher on 11-04-2010 10:52 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by CHAD S
CHARLES,

Are you the fella that Johnny Goss pimp slapped at a competition hunt?

That was just another rumor, never happened. LOL

Posted by James Jamison on 11-04-2010 10:59 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by fdm

How can you not understand that? If I remember that post correctly, someone said something about breeding a Kemmer cur to some other breed for hogs, and someone else didn't know how the club would view it. The simple answer, as given above, is it is nobody's business what someone breeds their dog to, as long as they're not trying to slip false papers into the club, I sure am glad you are on the outs with the Kemmers and into the plotts now, you are about the most mentally challenged fella I've ever seen and shouldn't be allowed to own a computer.

Posted by donnybennett on 11-05-2010 01:07 AM:

well i had a dog that was ksba reg and is out of jammie woods stock the dam was 100% and the sire was 85% when i got my papers back they were white when they changed the dogs to green i emailed turbo dog in 2005 he said he would look into the change guess what im still waiting its 2010 carla did sent me a letter that said robert sayed he didnt know the dogs whatever that ment ....... LMAO

Posted by POP on 11-05-2010 10:15 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by fdm

being president of the ksba is like bragging about being the captain of the titanic.

Posted by coondogedog on 11-05-2010 12:56 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by POP
being president of the ksba is like bragging about being the captain of the titanic.

POP, I'm surprised at your sarcasm. lol.
Haven't talked to you in a while. Have you been keep'em lookin' up?
I've got to go now, I'm thirsty. It's koolaid time. See ya later.