UKC Forums
Show all 9 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Treeing Walkers (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=52)
-- Finley River Sting Question? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928473563)

Posted by Houndmaneli on 01-31-2017 04:29 PM:

Finley River Sting Question?

Have any of the sting pups been in any hunts? Any doing real well? Been seeing a few for sale here and there but most I've seen have not been hunted very much. I know of to that apparently are doing great but have not been in any hunt yet. I was just kind a wondering about them.

Posted by wbond on 01-31-2017 05:02 PM:

been wondering that myself

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Posted by Houndmaneli on 01-31-2017 05:40 PM:

Sting pups

The two I know of are both out of a lone pine female I think lone pine Jill and I know $4500 won't buy either one. But neither have been in a hunt yet. Honestly just interested in what they are doing.

Posted by toddlamb on 01-31-2017 11:45 PM:

Sting

I have a little female out of Sting and Booths Lone Pine Jill that is doing really good, been hunting alone for about a month and have treed coons and if a dog slick trees she will not be there. I live in the mountains and coons are scarce she will be two July of this year and if continues to progress might hit a few hunts this fall. I also own half of littermate male that wasn't hunted till this past weekend and he ran and treed with his old dog first night out he had never seen a coon till then.

Posted by stxcoonhunter on 02-01-2017 05:31 PM:

I have an almost 8 month old male out of sting and Jacksons Ruby. One of the best looking and strongest pup ive had. Huge mouth! Cant wait to start him this summer/fall.

Posted by stxcoonhunter on 02-01-2017 05:31 PM:

I have an almost 8 month old male out of sting and Jacksons Ruby. One of the best looking and strongest pup ive had. Huge mouth! Cant wait to start him this summer/fall.

Posted by jeff jackson on 02-05-2017 09:00 PM:

Who did u get ur ruby x sting pups
From

Posted by stxcoonhunter on 02-06-2017 01:17 PM:

I bought mine from Mr. Brookshire.
Can you tell us about Ruby? Heard she was nice!

Posted by dbooth on 03-19-2017 06:14 PM:

FR Sting pups

Besides the male & female out of Finley River Sting X Lone Pine Jill, I know of 2 others by Finley River Sting X Lone Pine Frosty. A West Virginia male by Frosty won his UKC first place, early in 2016.

Another male out of Frosty's cross, living in Arkansas, is doing great, but hasn't been entered in a hunt yet, as far as I know. There is another male doing great in Oklahoma.

My 2 females are excellent reproducers!