UKC Forums
Show all 14 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- LED Cap Light? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=391313)

Posted by chester cooner on 12-08-2010 03:12 PM:

LED Cap Light?

It's been a while since I looked at the latest technology for a self contained cap light. Can I get some feedback on the current option for a bump cap witht he batery pack on the cap? I am really looking forward to losing the battery pack and long chord!!!

Thanks
Rick

Posted by Samhain on 12-08-2010 03:14 PM:

I recently bought a Kelly's K-Light G2 convertible cap light,like it alot and you can carry another battery like the one on the cap in you pocket or have a belt battery pack to use also.

Posted by Nathaniel on 12-08-2010 03:45 PM:

what voltage is the G2 rated for?

816-898-0952

Posted by Samhain on 12-08-2010 04:39 PM:

I was told it would work with "most" 17v to 28v packs.

Posted by Maniac on 12-08-2010 05:24 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Nathaniel
what voltage is the G2 rated for?
its a 20 volt

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0522.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/1619.jpg

IF YOU WANT TO PACK HUNT
BUY YOU A PAIR BEAGLES!

GR NITE CH. HARWOODMANIAC JR 4 # 2 TOP 100 UKC WORLD 2013 OWNER JAY HYDE & DAVID DEPEW

GRNITE CH Hoghill Harwood Kasper
owners Hyde Warlick Leatherman
Qualified for 2013 world Hhunt
OWNER HYDE & WARLICK LEATHERMAN. MY PH 574 306 8438
K-LIGHTS ph.936 767 4965
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0734.jpg

Posted by Maniac on 12-08-2010 05:25 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Samhain
I was told it would work with "most" 17v to 28v packs.

just as bright as a 21volt belt light!!

if u want a good product and OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVIECE !!

CHOOSE K-LIGHTS!!

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0522.jpg

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/1619.jpg

IF YOU WANT TO PACK HUNT
BUY YOU A PAIR BEAGLES!

GR NITE CH. HARWOODMANIAC JR 4 # 2 TOP 100 UKC WORLD 2013 OWNER JAY HYDE & DAVID DEPEW

GRNITE CH Hoghill Harwood Kasper
owners Hyde Warlick Leatherman
Qualified for 2013 world Hhunt
OWNER HYDE & WARLICK LEATHERMAN. MY PH 574 306 8438
K-LIGHTS ph.936 767 4965
http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy24/maniacjr4/SAM_0734.jpg

Posted by Roy Clifton on 12-08-2010 05:49 PM:

Cap Light

Bruce Conkey is selling a LED cap light made by Larry Marshall that is as bright as my 21 volt on the high side and it turns down to a good low setting to walk by and get the coons to look at you. I like it a lot, but I also have the G2 Advantage which I like especially for competition hunting.

Home of:
GrChGrNtCh Mad Dog Mo Blue Smoke 2012 BBOA National King of Hunt

NiteCh Mad Dog Smoke's Real Deal (Smoke X Blueberrie) 2015 BBOA National King of Hunt
2017 BBOA/BBCHA Grand National Reunion King of Hunt

GrChGrNtCh Big Time Spankin Blue Wendy 2009 BBOA National Queen of Hunt

GrNtCh Mad Dog Tree Rockin Robin 2011 zone 1 Queen of Hunt.

Ch Mad Dog Loud Mouth Ralph (Smoke X Blueberrie) 2015 BBOA Zone 1 High Scoring Show Champion
2016 BBOA Zone 1 High Scoring Hunt Overall Winner

NiteCh Mad Dog The Perkolater ( Astro X Ata Girl ) 2015 BBOA Zone 1 High scoring Hunt Champion

Up and comming Mad Dog Smokin Blue Wendell

And a few young Prospects

Posted by Knox on 12-08-2010 06:23 PM:

Re: Cap Light

quote:
Originally posted by Roy Clifton
Bruce Conkey is selling a LED cap light made by Larry Marshall that is as bright as my 21 volt on the high side and it turns down to a good low setting to walk by and get the coons to look at you. I like it a lot, but I also have the G2 Advantage which I like especially for competition hunting.

Why do you like the G2 better for Competition Hunting ?.................Thanks...........Tim

=====================

Posted by Clay Lautzenhiser on 12-08-2010 06:29 PM:

check out www.crystalc2.com
I have been hunting with a CS-1 and the CS-2 spotlight since summer. Feel free to contact Kenny @740-501-8011 or me @ 352-400-2374 with any questions.

PKC#50739

Posted by Roy Clifton on 12-08-2010 08:24 PM:

Re: Re: Cap Light

quote:
Originally posted by Knox
Why do you like the G2 better for Competition Hunting ?.................Thanks...........Tim

Mr. Knox, The G2 Advantage has 5 settings on the switch from a super low dim walk light up to super bright on the 5th setting plus it has a rheostat switch on the head to adjust the bright side at a lower setting if you want.

I use mine on the 2nd setting to walk with and don't use it past the 4th setting for the most part even trying to find a coon that won't look.

My eyes arn't what they used to be and this light is the ticket for me.JMO

If you don't like the bright white light that it puts out I also use the amber pop cover alot also.

As for competition, this summer we treed 9 coon in a hunt and my old light would go dim after shinning that many trees. The G2 will burn for aprox 12-14 hours on the high side. No more low batt. on a hunt.

Home of:
GrChGrNtCh Mad Dog Mo Blue Smoke 2012 BBOA National King of Hunt

NiteCh Mad Dog Smoke's Real Deal (Smoke X Blueberrie) 2015 BBOA National King of Hunt
2017 BBOA/BBCHA Grand National Reunion King of Hunt

GrChGrNtCh Big Time Spankin Blue Wendy 2009 BBOA National Queen of Hunt

GrNtCh Mad Dog Tree Rockin Robin 2011 zone 1 Queen of Hunt.

Ch Mad Dog Loud Mouth Ralph (Smoke X Blueberrie) 2015 BBOA Zone 1 High Scoring Show Champion
2016 BBOA Zone 1 High Scoring Hunt Overall Winner

NiteCh Mad Dog The Perkolater ( Astro X Ata Girl ) 2015 BBOA Zone 1 High scoring Hunt Champion

Up and comming Mad Dog Smokin Blue Wendell

And a few young Prospects

Posted by on 12-08-2010 08:42 PM:

Mr. Knox I will also try and answer your question. Many years ago I was trying my luck in a larger hunt. I thought I had the dog but found out I didn't have the light. Early round I drew a World Champion with a very Honest Owner. I could not find the coon in these winter trees with my 4 volt wheat light when they were tucked into the fork. The man with the World Champion found my coon with his Raw Dog Light and Spotlight. I told myself that night if I was going to Comp hunt I needed a light as well as a dog because I wasn't always going to draw someone that found my coon. With that said the K-light G2 is the brightest and baddest out there. Couple more real close and actually there are about 4 that would and work just fine if your serious about finding the coon with money on the line.
Some tell me they can't find a coon with the white LED. I am color blind and it does just fine for me. Took some getting use to but can't be beat if you really want to see what is up a tree.
We can sit here and talk about a light beam all day long. Until you have a G2 or one of the other bright LED's on your head and hunt with somone that doesn't you really won't understand.
After using a 5 LED head when you see another light on you almost have to strike a match to see if it is burning.
I am not sayiing there are not quality low dollar LED's out there because there are Just the comparison between them and the big boys is no match. One the other hand there are many a hunter that doesn't need all that light and there are times of the year it doesn't help. I answered you question from a Comp Hunter situation. For $229 the 3 led Superior light is a great deal and BRIGHT. The $149 Superior box light is also BIRGHT. For $150 the LEMS cap light is excellent. For $110 the K-light 3.5vcap light serves its purpose. Heck the 4200 LEDS for less than $100 bucks are a great deal. I carry one as a backup light but not my main light.

Posted by da.wells on 12-09-2010 12:59 AM:

cap lights

to throw a little more info in to consider when buying some of the smaller led lights. some light dealers want to talk about all the LUX that their light has while also having and ungodly burn time.
i was at Autumn Oaks this year and asked a man what the lumen rating his light had. his response was, we dint talk lumen only lux.

here is how it goes. and how some of the smaller lights remain bright with high burn times. most smaller lights are around 90-110 lumen. while the lux varies greatly from 2500-15000 out of the same lower powered leds.

what makes the wide variation is reflectors. allot of the smaller lights use reflectors to focus all the light to the spot. while having very little ambient light to walk by. in most areas around here with the blown down timber from hurricanes it just don't cut it.

that is why we changed the way we build ours. we use the world's most powerful and efficient single die led and different reflector that gives a great halo for walking, and a good spot. not too tight but not too broad. when shining the tops of trees I'm not combing over every limb looking.

while is is not quite as bright as the big multi led lights
it is more affordable and definitely gets the job done

832-492-3712

Proud Member Of The Cleveland Coon Hunters Association.

Posted by Mark Blair on 12-09-2010 03:55 PM:

comp cap light

I just received the East Fork Comp Light and Im telling you I love the thing. Very comfortable to wear and the high side is bright. I carry a small led spot light that Lowes sells for those far away shining conditions. I purchased this light from Larry Marshall that advertises on here. It is well worth the money and NO MORE CORDS!!!

MARK
SE KY

Posted by Scott S. on 12-09-2010 05:50 PM:

Re: comp cap light

quote:
Originally posted by termite2
I just received the East Fork Comp Light and Im telling you I love the thing. Very comfortable to wear and the high side is bright. I carry a small led spot light that Lowes sells for those far away shining conditions. I purchased this light from Larry Marshall that advertises on here. It is well worth the money and NO MORE CORDS!!!

MARK
SE KY

Ditto!