UKC Forums
Show all 17 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- ukc night hunt ?s (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=333440)

Posted by B&T/Walker on 02-11-2010 12:23 AM:

ukc night hunt ?s

Kind of new to the rules of a ukc night hunt.I have been on a few hunts when i was arround 8 yrs old with my grand dad and my uncle unfortunatlly my grand dad passed away last year dec 17. and my uncle had a heart attack and stopped hunting.Now im 16 with a black and tan(71/2y) and a walker (pup) just wondering how things work on the night hunts and how you earn points toward grand night champ and nite champ.

Posted by PullensRRK on 02-11-2010 01:02 AM:

TOO MUCH TO TYPE , CALL IF U HAVE ?s

540-423-1190 CHARLES PULLEN

Posted by 1deadeye on 02-11-2010 01:05 AM:

Know your dog and KNOW THE RULES!!
Rules link
Scott

http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/...0092010OFFICIAL

Home of,
PR Nitech Leinie Red Ryder
PR Jan Da Red Ryder Butcher ( JJ )

Posted by GayleFlowers on 02-11-2010 01:34 AM:

Re: ukc night hunt ?s

quote:
Originally posted by B&T/Walker
Kind of new to the rules of a ukc night hunt.I have been on a few hunts when i was arround 8 yrs old with my grand dad and my uncle unfortunatlly my grand dad passed away last year dec 17. and my uncle had a heart attack and stopped hunting.Now im 16 with a black and tan(71/2y) and a walker (pup) just wondering how things work on the night hunts and how you earn points toward grand night champ and nite champ.
Go to the English Section on this board look up Big River history post Cory Tippens will be on there he is from Riddleton Tn.He will help you he is just a few miles from Carthage
Cory is only on there from about 9am untill 4-5pm

Posted by B&T/Walker on 02-11-2010 01:47 AM:

thanks for the help i have read the rules out of the rule book buy i didnt fully understand how somethings worked but thanks and ill be sure to look for cory sometime

Posted by GayleFlowers on 02-11-2010 01:52 AM:

quote:
thanks for the help i have read the rules out of the rule book buy i didnt fully understand how somethings worked but thanks and ill be sure to look for cory sometime
What is your Grandpa's Name Bet I Know him I grew up in Carthage.
If you don't want to post his name send me a e-mail.

Posted by B&T/Walker on 02-11-2010 03:13 AM:

His name is Billy Sircy

Posted by GayleFlowers on 02-11-2010 03:35 AM:

Yes Sir Hunted with him several times.the last time I saw him was at the old Elmwood coon club.
He hunted alot with Mr Wiliam Thompson & a Barber there in Carthage (I Can't Remember his name)Mr Thompson is deceased & I am sure the Barber is also.Your Grandpa & I had some good hunts together Did he pass in 08 or 09 We take the carthage Paper But I missed seeing it.

Posted by Huntaholic on 02-12-2010 12:01 AM:

Weve got our first UKC hunt of the year coming up next month here at the Cookeville club. Come on up! You dont have to hunt if you arent ready or comfortable, but I will see to it that you get to go out as a spectator on one of the casts if you want to! Some of us would be glad to explain to you what it takes to title a dog as well. If you need directions drop me a PM or email!

Posted by B&T/Walker on 02-12-2010 12:25 AM:

gayleflowers what is your name i may have met you befor i was a member at the wilson county coon club for a while but i hunted alot with my grand day so we may have met. and to huntaholic do you know the date and if there is going to be a bench show if so i may try to enter my walker pup in it if i can get her to show.But i have to clear it with my parrents first and just thought of another question. I have a 5 1/2 month old walker pup and have sent her regerstraiton form in but havent got pappers back yet do i need her easy entry card to enter her in a bench show i have a black and tan with papers and ee card but i probably wont enter him, but i havent got the papers and ee card for my walker pup yet.

Posted by GayleFlowers on 02-12-2010 12:44 AM:

My Name Is Gayle Flowers I moved away from Carthage Yrs.ago I still go back there quite often Have family there I have never been to the wilson co. club.The old Elmwood club is were I hunted with your Grandpa.they closed that club down several yrs. ago

Posted by B&T/Walker on 02-12-2010 01:40 AM:

oh i see cause when you said the elmwood club i was like i dont remember that one.And if you still want the carthage paper you can give them your address and it may take a few days but you can still get the papper and also they have a websight now its www.carthagecourier.com you should be able to read it there. it comes out every wedsday. I will never forget one time my grand dad took me hunting with these two men and one was so scared of yotes he carried a 12 ga. with him just in case. lol i got my walker pup kind of in memory of him he always hunted walker females and i named it after one of his dogs to. Brings back so many memorys.

Posted by Huntaholic on 02-12-2010 03:30 AM:

quote:
gayleflowers what is your name i may have met you befor i was a member at the wilson county coon club for a while but i hunted alot with my grand day so we may have met. and to huntaholic do you know the date and if there is going to be a bench show if so i may try to enter my walker pup in it if i can get her to show.But i have to clear it with my parrents first and just thought of another question. I have a 5 1/2 month old walker pup and have sent her regerstraiton form in but havent got pappers back yet do i need her easy entry card to enter her in a bench show i have a black and tan with papers and ee card but i probably wont enter him, but i havent got the papers and ee card for my walker pup yet.

There will be a bench show. All our UKC hunts have a bench show as well. You will have to have either the EE card or the papers to show or hunt. Date is March 5th and the bench show deadline is 6pm.

Posted by B&T/Walker on 02-12-2010 05:18 PM:

alright maybe i will have her pappers by then i still got some time to work with her to so that will be good. were exactly is the club in cookville my brother goes to tech so he may be able to help me ought on directions

Posted by emayer on 02-12-2010 06:46 PM:

I knew Gayle would know his Grandpa.
You doing Ok Gayle?

Good luck young man! Learn the rules and stick to your guns and
push that B & T.

Posted by B&T/Walker on 02-13-2010 12:04 AM:

last time i hunted him he wouldnt come back to me and put a opossume in a hole and coundnt find him after that found him a few days later he has a lot of potential but he is just really stubborn

Posted by GayleFlowers on 02-13-2010 01:02 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by emayer
I knew Gayle would know his Grandpa.
You doing Ok Gayle?

Good luck young man! Learn the rules and stick to your guns and
push that B & T.

Doing great Eddie Waiting for this snow to leave.did manage to tree two up one tree one night this week.maybe that will keep me from going Insane.