UKC Forums
Show all 19 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Registrations (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=8)
-- American Bully (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=243042)

Posted by PitbulLuver on 12-10-2008 02:31 AM:

American Bully

Will the American bully be added as a breed that can be registered here?
Because i see some websites claiming that their dog is ukc registered when their dog does not Fit pitbull terrier standards
but American bully standards.
American Bully
http://www.ucadogs.com/images/sol_boy.jpg
American Pit bull Terrier
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/dog...ull_terrier.jpg

Posted by Russell Smith on 12-10-2008 01:05 PM:

No it will not be added to our breeds anytime soon. We register this breed of dog as the American Pit Bull Terrier, but only if the dog meets our breed standards, based on pictures of the dog as well as having the dog inspected by one of our inspectors.

Posted by hemihound2 on 12-12-2008 09:30 PM:

Reply back on this question

Hello to both of you. I know what they mean there are so many pit bulls that dont fit standard being registered and they call them american bullies, but they were born from 2 UKC registered parents. There are so many pit bull that are reg, and they dont even fit standard, but since the parents were reg and the grand parents are reg and so on they reg the puppies. Hope this helps.

Walker's:
'PR'IronMountain's Duke of Wallmartt
Plott's:
'PR'IronMountain's Silver Honey Bear
Plott/Walker
IronMountain's Hemi Magnum

Posted by bottomless pits on 12-16-2008 04:16 AM:

i have to say it is sad the way some of these dogs are starting to look i mean 100-110 lb dogs give me a break i think its terrible what some breeders are doing. I myself would like to see the UKC do something about these so called pit bulls it is a disgrace to the breed.

Posted by hemihound2 on 12-17-2008 12:42 AM:

I agree

Here is a pic of my dog. She in my opinion is what a real American Pit Bull Terrier should look like. She is about 55#.

Walker's:
'PR'IronMountain's Duke of Wallmartt
Plott's:
'PR'IronMountain's Silver Honey Bear
Plott/Walker
IronMountain's Hemi Magnum

Posted by BVK on 12-29-2008 03:40 AM:

I am also curious if UKC plans to do anything about the horrible representations of the breed that are still being reg. & bred. I have seen dogs that look like English Bulldog crosses & also Basset Hound crosses, it is sad & horrible where the breed is being allowed to go. I feel all dogs need to be DNA reg. but sadly that would not fix the problem of the dogs already reg.

Posted by Russell Smith on 01-13-2009 01:50 PM:

Please note that in an effort to continue developing the positive attributes of the American Pit Bull Breed, UKC recently updated the breed standard to identify characteristics that should be considered Very Serious Faults (for example: Excessively large or overly massive dogs). Also, UKC will not knowingly register a dog with disqualifying faults, this does apply to a dog produced by UKC registered parents.

Thank you again for your comments.

Posted by bda pit on 01-14-2009 09:38 PM:

american bullies

I wonder how it is that these bully looking dogs can get pappers when I have dogs that come from old game stock. and you know how that gooes the old timers do not allways papper there dogs they know how the dogs are bred. but i can not come up with three genarations off pappered dogs.

Posted by bda pit on 01-15-2009 04:55 AM:

i also agree

here is a picture of one of my pups. He has 1st place AADR ribbons. I would like to see what he can do in the ukc shows.

I would love to hear your guy's feedback...

Posted by Subhaw on 11-21-2011 12:49 AM:

just a humble question, so you wouldnt judge the American Bully and the APBT as two separate breeds in an all breed show?

Posted by Sandy on 11-21-2011 03:25 AM:

The American Bully is not a registered breed with the UKC. Therefore, they would not be in a UKC show with the American Pit Bull Terrier.

If there are always two sides to every question, how come there's only one answer?

Posted by Russell Smith on 11-21-2011 01:11 PM:

Sandy's right. Thanks, Sandy!

Posted by starplott on 11-22-2011 09:31 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Russell Smith
No it will not be added to our breeds anytime soon. We register this breed of dog as the American Pit Bull Terrier, but only if the dog meets our breed standards, based on pictures of the dog as well as having the dog inspected by one of our inspectors.

Did UKC go back to single reg through inspectors again? As an inspector I received a letter from UKC a while ago that program was being cut and we would no longer be inspectors for APBT. The letter thanked us for our service and told us they will not be using APBT inspectors anymore.

Posted by Subhaw on 11-22-2011 10:02 PM:

the reason i asked is i belong to an organisation in Trinidad and Tobago West Indies ie Caribbean, that wants UKC judges to judge all breed shows here and i wanted to include the bully as a separate breed, please note that it will not be a UKC sanctioned or affiliated show, but because i wanted to include the apbt as a breed i choose to go with the UKC because of their history of open mindness.

Posted by starplott on 11-22-2011 10:40 PM:

You will have to talk to the registry in charge of what shows you are trying to have.

UKC judges judge UKC shows under UKC breed standards. A UKC judge has to be an AKC judge to judge AKC shows and judges under AKC standards.

If you are wanting a foreign judge to come in and judge a venue in your country then you will need to gain approval through the registry of which is officiating the show under their venue.

If the American Bully is a breed recognized by your registry, then the registry will have to approve the judge used for judging that breed under the breed standards set forth by the registry. Which means is the APBT and American Bully are two distinct breeds by your registry and you want one judge to do both, that is realistic. You would just have to get a judge cleared through your registry to do so.

If you are planning on having a UKC show in your country...you are limited to only UKC recognized breeds judged by UKC approved judges. Of which an American Bully is not a UKC recognized breed.

Posted by Subhaw on 11-22-2011 11:04 PM:

i am an executive member of the officiating registry that wants to hold the show, and i have faith in the UKC as a body. i understand that the bully is not a breed by UKC standards but it is by ABKC standards.
In my country the APBT is not a recognised breed as well under another registry here who goes with the KC of England standards. Our registry recognises both as a breed. We are looking to holds an all breed championship show by our standards but HOPEFULLY with a UKC judge, hence all the questions.

Posted by starplott on 11-22-2011 11:47 PM:

If you are ex director of the officiating registry, then it is just a matter of contacting UKC judges individually to see if you can find one who is willing to judge for your show and judge both breeds per the breed standard your registry adopted.

Posted by Subhaw on 11-22-2011 11:49 PM:

thnk you for your time and patience

Posted by Boldog on 08-06-2012 09:21 PM:

Help the pit bull

OK, if you guys in Trinidad love and appreciate the American pit bull, you will NOT, repeat, NOT do anything to encourage those people who are simply "fad breeders" cashing in on the pit bull name and history to sell expensive, unsound, untypey pups of mixed heritage.

American bullies are NOT American pit bulls. They are American Staffordshire (hence the blue) crossed with anything from "show" bulldog to Frenchy - anything that will make them short, fat, broad and appeal to newbies.

Everytime a breed becomes a fad, which the pit bull has, there are those who try and cash in on a "bigger is better" or "rare color" or something theme. In Dobermans in the 70's it was "Doberdanes", Dobes crossed with Danes. American bullies are the same exact thing.

If you consider yourself stewards of the American pit bull, you will concentrate on helping people produce REAL athletic, sound, tough and stable American pit bulls. You won't waste your time on fad breeders and fad breeds.

Best of luck with your show.