UKC Forums
Show all 5 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Was Twice as Thick & Alot Cheaper (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928527261)

Posted by Toad Hill on 02-12-2020 08:51 PM:

Was Twice as Thick & Alot Cheaper

Remember when you couldn't wait for it to hit your mailbox !!!
Took HOURS to read one and go through it back in the day .
Full of articles and all those Stud Ads .

Today its not much thicker than the Prohound or a piece
of bologna.

I guess since we have Facebook the days of old paper copy
magazines will soon dwindle away. Don't know about you all
but its pretty sad watching this unfold.

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Posted by wart on 02-12-2020 09:41 PM:

Hunt

Technology has taken over internet is fast and furious it has claimed many businesses and business decisions the last 10 years or so I'm really surprised they still exist but I take my hat off to all the print magazines

Posted by groworg1 on 02-12-2020 09:57 PM:

when i started full cry was the one to get !

Posted by Dave Richards on 02-12-2020 10:41 PM:

Full Cry and American Cooner

I could hardly wait to get my magazines every month. Thankfully, most of the advertised dogs were sold by the time I received my monhlyh magazines. Made me real mad at that time, looking back, it SAVED me a lot of money. Nothing like being young and dumb, believing everything some dog jockey wrote about every dog they had for sale. I wondered how many coon dogs a man could have for sale, coon dogs were just as scarce in those days as today, but some sellers always had what they called COON DOGS for sale. Slow mail sure SAVED me some money or what some would call an EDUCATION. I grew up in a home where lying was strictly forbidden, I thought every one was honest, even dog jockeys and horse traders. Lol. Dave

Posted by shadinc on 02-13-2020 12:32 AM:

Back in the day we had to wait a month to see who won the big hunt. Now we get to go along from the privacy of our homes.