UKC Forums
Show all 10 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Guy Ormiston, Don Little and Randy Sexton (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=443829)

Posted by hectorp on 08-14-2011 05:17 PM:

Guy Ormiston, Don Little and Randy Sexton

I am planning to buy some blueticks pups from Guy Ormiston and to know more about his hounds, I was reading another time his past articles from Coonhound Bloodlines.

I have been a suscriber to CB from the year of 99, but I gave to the American School here in town some issues from 99 to 2002. From 2003 to date, I have almost all of them.

Very good articles from Mr. Ormiston and lot of infomation of the Bluetick Breed, genetics, breeding, hide dogs and training.

I have two question not referring to Mr. Ormiston:

1.-What happen to Don Little? He used to write article name "On Breeding and Training" his last article I read in the Sept. 2005 issue, was: You canīt Judge a Hound by its Titles.

2.- What happen to Randy Sexton? He had articles for more than a year "Becoming a World Class Breeder" He raise several Black and Tan hounds and was getting advice from some very knowledgable breeders. His last articule was in April 2006, but I didnīt find he was quiting his project or anything. He just stop writing about his project.

Thanks

Posted by okietreedog on 08-14-2011 05:23 PM:

if you will search world class breeder I think he is still writing, i think ukc bloodlines closed down the article if memory service me correct.

Adam Davis, owner handler Backwoods Blues
Home of some trashy culls,
it ain't the years it the miles that make me look this way

Posted by rrs on 08-14-2011 05:37 PM:

Don Little

Don still writes articles for the American Cooner....

Posted by Jason Baldwin on 08-14-2011 07:00 PM:

Re: Guy Ormiston, Don Little and Randy Sexton

quote:
Originally posted by hectorp
I am planning to buy some blueticks pups from Guy Ormiston and to know more about his hounds, I was reading another time his past articles from Coonhound Bloodlines.

I have been a suscriber to CB from the year of 99, but I gave to the American School here in town some issues from 99 to 2002. From 2003 to date, I have almost all of them.

Very good articles from Mr. Ormiston and lot of infomation of the Bluetick Breed, genetics, breeding, hide dogs and training.

I have two question not referring to Mr. Ormiston:

1.-What happen to Don Little? He used to write article name "On Breeding and Training" his last article I read in the Sept. 2005 issue, was: You canīt Judge a Hound by its Titles.

2.- What happen to Randy Sexton? He had articles for more than a year "Becoming a World Class Breeder" He raise several Black and Tan hounds and was getting advice from some very knowledgable breeders. His last articule was in April 2006, but I didnīt find he was quiting his project or anything. He just stop writing about his project.

Thanks

The best way to find out about any man's dogs is to go hunting with them. Be careful paying attention to anyone else's opinion's of someone's dogs. For every honest and true opinion you get on here on the messag board you will get 2 that are due to nothing but jealousy or just downright meaness.

Posted by cripple creek on 08-14-2011 08:54 PM:

i really respect Don Little

He has a ton of knowledge of breeding hounds and genetics of hounds.
Genetics is the key to great breeding. anybody can just breed two dogs together, but if you do your homework and look at the genetics side of both parents it can save you a lot of money, time, and energy in raising pups.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Posted by Blackwater Pete on 08-14-2011 09:32 PM:

Randy failed miserably in the attempt to be a world class breeder

Proud member of PKC
Jason Denzer

Posted by bruce hammontre on 08-14-2011 09:35 PM:

http://www.worldclassbreeder.com/

Posted by hectorp on 08-27-2011 03:24 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater Pete
Randy failed miserably in the attempt to be a world class breeder

Blackwater Pete, I think you were correct about Randy failing in becoming a world class breeder.

I did try to enter his page and register it was not possible and the page had a picture in 2008 of some Leopard Hound Puppies.

Thanks for the replies.

Posted by CountryMile on 08-27-2011 12:52 PM:

Hector by any chance did you maybe get a pup from me 6 -8 years ago? It would have been Hammer blooded and replaced a gyp pup that died. Came from Michigan. Dave

Posted by hectorp on 09-08-2011 03:55 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by CountryMile
Hector by any chance did you maybe get a pup from me 6 -8 years ago? It would have been Hammer blooded and replaced a gyp pup that died. Came from Michigan. Dave

Dave it wasnīt me. I have bought some dogs in the States but they were from Doug Meyer from Sandpoint, Idaho those were Walkers for Big Game and I also bought some from Chris Todd of Arizona and Mike Leonard of New Mexico, this were from Old Strains for Big Game in the Southwest (Goswick and Jeff Allen Breeding)

This year I am going to try the Blueticks for the first time. From Mr. Guy Ormiston (Oklahoma) and Gary Roberson (Texas)

Saludos

Hector