UKC Forums
Show all 10 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Big Game Hunting (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=36)
-- Jet Bred Blues On Bear (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928329958)

Posted by glynnsdawgs63 on 07-26-2013 12:19 AM:

Jet Bred Blues On Bear

I got a little female that goes back to jet 5 10 times in 6 generations.I hunted her on bear the end of season last year and she looked pretty good.
She's not near as cold nosed as my Smokey River dogs,She is fast on track,likes to run up front,She has more grit than any Cameron dog I've ever owned,The only thing I don't care about is she is a belly up tree dog and I like them to tree back off the tree.

Anyone one else use Jet blooded bear dogs?

Doliie Sired by Timms Iron Will II out of Timms Dollie II

Glynn Holmes
www.tellsblueticks.webs.com

Posted by hollaback maine on 07-27-2013 02:32 AM:

I've used the Jet bred hounds on bear quite a bit and most made at least decent hounds on bear....Most are belly tight tree dogs,that stay.....I also find that speed is their strong points......When things get rough they're usually in the mix holding their own.....If I had to find a fault it would be nose also.....The few I've run were wired 440 and made for good turn in dogs but not start dog material for the few I've raised....not saying that's the case in that line, just my 2 cents.

Posted by bluetickman2002 on 08-07-2013 03:46 AM:

I have never tried to bear hunt mine thought about it though

last fall I was messing with tiny when she was 10 mo old around a bear bait figured it was safe cause the other local guys had already been there a couple times that day WRONG!!!
she trailed out like it was a coon till she got about a mile deep then left like she was on fire I finally cought her 9 miles later crossing the road about 50 yards behind a 200 pounder and whooped her a$$ back to the truck
she did do a hell of a job for a pup though LOL

pr swampland tiny(boomer x wezze)
pr swampland hank (nb levi X wezze )
pr swampland skeeter ( hank X tilly )
Bob Sietman 1-989-858-6455

Posted by glynnsdawgs63 on 08-07-2013 03:06 PM:

Thanks for the replies.I like this little Dollie female but I like her pups by Smokey River Cheif Geronimo better.I have hunted several Jet bred dogs on bear and have not been satisfied at all with them.They tended to have way too much tree and hotter nosed but this little female is looking pretty good.She doesn't have quite the nose and trees too tight on the tree but other than that she can eat my feed as long as she gets her job done.

Glynn Holmes

Posted by bluetickman2002 on 08-07-2013 04:33 PM:

glynn does your jet female rig?
I ask because 2 of mine when wont rig at all but the other 3 are top notch rig dogs slippers and wezze will rig tracks other dogs cant even smell on the ground
they are all tight tree dogs though

Posted by glynnsdawgs63 on 08-07-2013 05:30 PM:

I haven't tried to rig Dollie.I use Geronimo and Katie2 on rig.Dollie will strike while roading if track is fairly good.I'd say a 2 hour track.
I mainly hunt heavy Smokey River dogs that will strike a much older track than Dollie can but I feel like the little dog has a place in my pack.She was bred to my Smokey River Cheif Geronimo last year and those pups are super nice on bear and coon.
I guess the biggest faults I have with Dollie is that she's too tight on tree,I like a dog that trees back off tree.The other thing is her feet get sore quicker than my Smokey River dogs when hunted hard,all the heavy Jet dogs I've hunted on bear tended to get sore feet quicker than my SR dogs, not so much when coon hunted.
I believe a rig dog is born to rig and you can't really train a dog to rig.

Glynn Holmes
478-235-7156

Posted by bluetickman2002 on 08-08-2013 04:48 AM:

I believe a rig dog is born to rig and you can't really train a dog to rig.
www.tellsblueticks.webs.com [/B][/QUOTE]

10/4 on that ive been about 50/ 50 on my litters half will rig real good and the rest wont at all
smokey river has always seemed to cross well on the jet dogs

Posted by bluetickman2002 on 08-08-2013 05:05 AM:

I checked out your website geranimo is a nice lookin hound good feet on him in the pic

Posted by drakebauer on 10-06-2013 07:19 PM:

BUFFALO CREEK TO TUF BETTY

looks like your smoke dogs would cross well out of something out of buffalo creek to tuf betty--glen

Posted by glynnsdawgs63 on 10-07-2013 03:06 PM:

It should work,Geronimo has been crossed on several different lines with good results.

Glynn Holmes