UKC Forums
Show all 9 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Stud Dog And Kennel Promotions (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=62)
-- Purdy's Brier Busting "Blakie" (Gun Dog) **At Stud** (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928407906)

Posted by TomPurdy on 02-08-2015 01:24 AM:

Purdy's Brier Bustin' "Blackie" (Gun Dog) **At Stud**

Blackie, is a big powerful hound! He is a tireless hunter! Blackie, has a HUGE mouth, that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up, and when he opens it, it is for one reason, and one reason only, a rabbit is on the move! Blackie, was born straight, he has never needed a shock collar. He will NOT run off game!!

I am a gun hunter, I know nothing of competition hunting. So I do not know what numbers to assign him. What I do know is he has a run to catch style!! He will flat out flog a rabbit! If scenting conditions are good he will pick his head up and fly! If the ground is frozen, or snow covered he will drop down a cog!! Regardless of conditions, the results will be the same, he will put a rabbit at the end of your gun, he will do it with style, and all by himself!!

Below are a couple of videos of Blackie, rounding third, and bringing them home! I stood where he jumped them with my phone.If you watch closely you can see the rabbit in both. Blackie is a grade dog there is no stud fee! I would just like to get some pups out of him!!Thank you for reading!! If interested, or would like to see him go. Please call Tom Purdy (937)243-3003.

References:
Chris Purdy (440) 655-4989
Doug Adams (937) 869-6818
Tyson Adams (937) 896-9276

Posted by Tyson_Adams on 02-08-2015 09:45 PM:

I have hunted with blackie and he is a rabbit driving machine.. I Don't know much about competition beagles but I do know blackie will run a rabbit to the gun with the quickness! If anyone is looking to breed their good female I would choose blackie! He is the real deal!

Posted by TomPurdy on 02-08-2015 10:06 PM:

Thank you Ty!! I appreciate the kind words! We need to hit it one more time before season goes out!! Maybe drag your old Dad along with us!LOL!

Posted by Doug Adams on 02-08-2015 11:11 PM:

Blackie is definitely a good one! Anyone looking to breed to a good one shouldn't over look Blackie! He is exciting to listen to and can drive a rabbit!

Posted by TomPurdy on 02-09-2015 12:13 AM:

Thanks Doug!!

Posted by TomPurdy on 03-29-2015 09:57 PM:

My wife, and I had the opportunity to take Black to Michigan, and hunt for a day. Though I was told, the hare population where we hunted is low. We managed to jump 3! The first crossed a road so we caught him and moved. The second came back twice, but poor shooting spared him!LOL! The third eluded us on the first circle, but got him on the second!

It was a undescribable thrill, to listen to that hound drive those rabbits through those swamps! I want to thank Monty, for giving me valuable info! We sure needed it! Lord willing I hope to go back!

Posted by mjd on 05-03-2015 02:59 AM:

Nice pic
Glad you guys had a good time

Posted by TomPurdy on 05-03-2015 03:04 AM:

Thank you Monte!

Posted by Slim shady on 02-23-2018 12:54 PM:

What a hound!