UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 46 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- World Hunt breed percentage (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928522184)


Posted by sleepy head on 09-12-2019 08:29 PM:

World Hunt breed percentage

Percent by breed in the world championship at the beginning of the zones:

B&T- 7% of the field
ALH-.5%
Blues- 15%
ENGLISH- 16%
Plot-3%
Red- 3%
TW- 52%
XB- 2%


Posted by Dave Richards on 09-12-2019 10:18 PM:

Percentages

Wow, I am shocked that there are 2x the leopards as Redbones, we may have to rerun Where the Red Fern Grows to drum up some Redbones interest. Mr. Lambert needs to worry about this percentage and get off the rules and money bandwagon. Lol. Dave

__________________
Dave Richards Treeing Walkers Reg American Saddlebred and Registered Rocky Mt. Show Horses


Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-12-2019 10:42 PM:

Redbones have have always been the underdog. I like it like that. It will be interesting to compare the percentages at the Zones to the percentages at the Finals.


Posted by sleepy head on 09-12-2019 10:54 PM:

Re: Percentages

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Wow, I am shocked that there are 2x the leopards as Redbones, we may have to rerun Where the Red Fern Grows to drum up some Redbones interest. Mr. Lambert needs to worry about this percentage and get off the rules and money bandwagon. Lol. Dave


Only one half of a percent of the field are ALH. I'm going to a win percentage by breed Saturday morning


Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-12-2019 11:26 PM:

Re: Percentages

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Wow, I am shocked that there are 2x the leopards as Redbones, we may have to rerun Where the Red Fern Grows to drum up some Redbones interest. Mr. Lambert needs to worry about this percentage and get off the rules and money bandwagon. Lol. Dave

Oh my goodness, I am shocked that Mr Dave got something completely wrong. Maybe you had better quit worrying about the Rules so much and pay attention to what you are smoking. Or did Jen mail you some of her brownies? Maybe you got into the wine a little early tonight. Whichever it is, you need to lighten up a little.


Posted by Dave Richards on 09-12-2019 11:37 PM:

Mr. Lambert

I blame it on my old eyes, I just didn't see the decimal point in the Alp. line, I thoughtg he had abbreviated ALP. Still, don't you see the irony of the previous cur dog breed having even s half percent compared to the long standing breed of Redbones only having 3 percent. Give them a few more years and see what percent they have. Are the Redbones numbers down for any specific reason or is Jack Bingham the only one hunting? Dave p.s. I don't drink or smoke and I will if you will, deal?

__________________
Dave Richards Treeing Walkers Reg American Saddlebred and Registered Rocky Mt. Show Horses


Posted by Bruce m. Conkey on 09-13-2019 02:22 PM:

.

At least the Redbones have been consistent for many years.

Dan and Ann made the Red Dogs favorable for people to cut their training teeth on. Most everyone has given them a try. So I would say the percentage of Red dogs people have tried to train is about 75%. So they are ahead in that category. That is also something that has hurt the breed. While they were waiting for them to start and mature at the age of 4 or 5. They decided to breed their future star. Only to find out what they bred. Never shined to bright. Neither did the pups.

Once all these coon hound trainers figure out which breed they can actually train and catch a coon with. The majority which is over 50% chose a Walker.

Just the cold hard facts of coon hunting.

So they say numbers don't lie. LOL So if 50% of the walker dogs entered will slick tree 50% of the time. That means they can still tree 25% more coon than the rest of the dogs. Don't blame the walker dogs and their slick treeing for winning. Blame the competition for loosing even when the walkers try and hand it to them.

Sleepy head. Keep us posted on the percentages. This should be fun.

__________________
www.ConkeysOutdoors.com
"Boss Lights"


Posted by yadkintar on 09-13-2019 04:14 PM:

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
At least the Redbones have been consistent for many years.

Dan and Ann made the Red Dogs favorable for people to cut their training teeth on. Most everyone has given them a try. So I would say the percentage of Red dogs people have tried to train is about 75%. So they are ahead in that category. That is also something that has hurt the breed. While they were waiting for them to start and mature at the age of 4 or 5. They decided to breed their future star. Only to find out what they bred. Never shined to bright. Neither did the pups.

Once all these coon hound trainers figure out which breed they can actually train and catch a coon with. The majority which is over 50% chose a Walker.

Just the cold hard facts of coon hunting.

So they say numbers don't lie. LOL So if 50% of the walker dogs entered will slick tree 50% of the time. That means they can still tree 25% more coon than the rest of the dogs. Don't blame the walker dogs and their slick treeing for winning. Blame the competition for loosing even when the walkers try and hand it to them.

Sleepy head. Keep us posted on the percentages. This should be fun.





Whooop there it is !!!


Tar


Posted by Cory Highfill on 09-13-2019 04:16 PM:

These are good posts, and I sure enjoy reading them. You guys have no idea how many slow days at work you've gotten me through...


Posted by Adam Wingler on 09-13-2019 04:42 PM:

...percentages...

who wants to roll some money just based on odds? does it work in coonhounds? what kills odds are the draw in itself and the "electoral college" if you will of the # advancing by zone and no bearing on where a RQE winner places his/her zone entry. so many variables that about the ONLY thing that's in super favor is the 2 most popular breeds represent 68.25%! Leaving those black sheep a 31.75% chance. Furthermore, females only have a 37.19% chance (#METOO movement has stalled in dogs I guess), however, the prize purse is the same despite the dog's gender identity.

Interestingly enough, IL and OH present the best odds an overall winner will come from that zone. Not too surprised though, closer to the belt of competition coonhounds so to speak.

What anyone likes is an underdog, a near no-name or less popular breed to win it all, but man the odds certainly do not paint such a picture. If it was strictly about the dog, at all times, under even conditions, it could happen. The cards just have to line up, even after you know that you know that you know, you're packing a sure 'nuf coondog.

Good luck to everyone, I enjoy watching it play out that's for certain as I literally don't have a dog in the hunt this year.


Posted by sleepy head on 09-14-2019 10:11 AM:

Friday zones, percentage of cast wins by breed that were entered. NS counts as a loss.

TW- 20% of TW entered won their cast
ENGLISH- 25%
Baby blues- 15%
B&T- 50%
Plot-20%
Ruby Reds-14%
XB-27%
Alh-50%

Tomorrow I'll compare percent entered to percent advanced


Posted by Peterhunts101 on 09-14-2019 12:26 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Wingler
...percentages...

who wants to roll some money just based on odds? does it work in coonhounds? what kills odds are the draw in itself and the "electoral college" if you will of the # advancing by zone and no bearing on where a RQE winner places his/her zone entry. so many variables that about the ONLY thing that's in super favor is the 2 most popular breeds represent 68.25%! Leaving those black sheep a 31.75% chance. Furthermore, females only have a 37.19% chance (#METOO movement has stalled in dogs I guess), however, the prize purse is the same despite the dog's gender identity.

Interestingly enough, IL and OH present the best odds an overall winner will come from that zone. Not too surprised though, closer to the belt of competition coonhounds so to speak.

What anyone likes is an underdog, a near no-name or less popular breed to win it all, but man the odds certainly do not paint such a picture. If it was strictly about the dog, at all times, under even conditions, it could happen. The cards just have to line up, even after you know that you know that you know, you're packing a sure 'nuf coondog.

Good luck to everyone, I enjoy watching it play out that's for certain as I literally don't have a dog in the hunt this year.



Where is the competition coonhunting belt? Is it the Midwest or the appalachians? Thatís what Iíve got from reading on here


Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-14-2019 01:30 PM:

Oh my goodness, 50% of the blk & tans won their cast. Now that is some %.


Posted by Crazy Luke on 09-14-2019 03:14 PM:

Show and blow

Most people are impressed with a lot of show and blow when it comes to coon dogs. If the competition were judged in such a way that if there was not a coon in a tree your dog would be scratched I wonder how many people would switch to another breed other then walkers. . It's humorous how one of the walker dogs great supporters, Timothy Ball once advertised he had a dog that made 41 out of 42 trees with a coon seen in it. Then said," If the coon is there it will look. " I totally agree. Not withstanding, there are really good dogs in every breed. Regretfully I live far away from the coondog world where it would be prolly a 6 hour drive just to go to an RQE and prolly a 9 hour drive to go to a zone. It 's just the way it is. No complaining here just stating facts. Not many here on the east coast. But another factor that contributes to this topic is this. Why hold the World hunt in the heat with the leaves on when traditionally coon hunting takes place in the winter? Thats when I hunt. That's when my dogs are tuned up. Redbone Days got changed to first week in April. Finally. Maybe I might have a chance. Dogs will be tuned and coming off a hard season of hunting. Oh . By the way. I have attended the PKC New Years Jamboree and won my cast and have competed well in the past. Leaves off really cool temps. Well to the coon hound computer hunters. Good luck . Lucas


Posted by Crazy Luke on 09-14-2019 03:23 PM:

Adam

You been reading my post? I had JT by a nose. And placed my bet last week. Ha. By the odds I think we would bet $3.00 to get $100 and walkers would have to bet $52 to win $100. I like your thinking. I think I might take a few dollars and put on all the low percentage breeds. It would be a good bet. Kinda like when I bet $100 on the Eagles to win the Super Bowl and another $100 on Nick Foles to be the MVP. It paid $800 something.... Ha...


Posted by Adam Wingler on 09-15-2019 01:13 AM:

Re: Adam

quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Luke
You been reading my post? I had JT by a nose. And placed my bet last week. Ha. By the odds I think we would bet $3.00 to get $100 and walkers would have to bet $52 to win $100. I like your thinking. I think I might take a few dollars and put on all the low percentage breeds. It would be a good bet. Kinda like when I bet $100 on the Eagles to win the Super Bowl and another $100 on Nick Foles to be the MVP. It paid $800 something.... Ha...


I did see that! Ha. And looks like the only 2 redbones to win a cast last night was JT and GMan.


Posted by Adam Wingler on 09-15-2019 01:14 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Peterhunts101
Where is the competition coonhunting belt? Is it the Midwest or the appalachians? Thatís what Iíve got from reading on here


Itís most definitely nowhere near a mountain.


Posted by Redneck Mafia on 09-15-2019 05:48 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
Friday zones, percentage of cast wins by breed that were entered. NS counts as a loss.

TW- 20% of TW entered won their cast
ENGLISH- 25%
Baby blues- 15%
B&T- 50%
Plot-20%
Ruby Reds-14%
XB-27%
Alh-50%

Tomorrow I'll compare percent entered to percent advanced


Lost 63 dogs last night dogs(scratched, minuses out and no shows) to 378 left competing tonight. Percentages are virtually unchanged. Walkers gained .5%, English had a .4% drop, Blues gained .2%, B&T unchanged, Plotts .3 gain, Red unchanged, X .5% drop and ALH .1% gain.

TW -31
ENG -12
BLU -9
B&T -4
X -4
RED -2
PLT -1
Competitors have a .265% chance of being the future champ.

__________________
Cheyenne & Jennifer Cummings
Seneca , MO
(417)317-4815
GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA
NAT GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(3) PKC PCH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST.
GRNITECH CH PKC CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION


Posted by sleepy head on 09-15-2019 01:06 PM:

Breed makeup by percent after the zones

TW- 51%
ENGLISH-20%
Blues-10%
B&T-9%
Plott-3%
Reds-2%
XB-3%
AHL-1%


Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-15-2019 03:12 PM:

Oh my goodness, Talk about underdogs... Those percentages look pretty bad for everyone except walkers. I guess I see why they call everyone else off color dogs. There will be 25 casts and 50 walker dogs in the early round. What are the odds that 50% of the early round casts will be walkers. Does that mean that walker dogs will have a 50% chance of willing all of the early round casts?


Posted by sleepy head on 09-15-2019 05:46 PM:

TW against the off breeds, where at least one off breed and a TW were drawn together and one or the other won the cast. Doesn't take into count that more or less of a breed was also in the cast. Saturday

TW-75% vs B&T-25%
TW-58% vs English-42%
TW-66% vs blues-34%
TW-50% vs plott-50%
TW-80% vs reds-20%
TW-40% vs XB-60%
ALH no match up


Posted by Richard Lambert on 09-15-2019 07:22 PM:

31% of the Redbones entered won their cast. (4 out of 13) So if their had been 200 Redbones, then they would have won 62 casts. As someone said numbers don't lie. And if there were 50 Redbones going to the Finals, who would be the underdog then? We just need more Redbones entered.


Posted by shadinc on 09-15-2019 09:29 PM:

Richard, I think you're skewing the stats. If there was 200 redbones in the country good enough to be there ÖÖÖ.well, you know the rest.

__________________
Donald Bergeron


Posted by Dave Richards on 09-15-2019 09:45 PM:

Richard

80 percent to 20 percent Walker vs Redbones win, are you ready to cross breed? Lol. You never know when another little red could pop up. Dave

__________________
Dave Richards Treeing Walkers Reg American Saddlebred and Registered Rocky Mt. Show Horses


Posted by Dave Richards on 09-15-2019 10:05 PM:

Mr. Lambert

No disrespect intended, I am just picking at you. Hope you take all this as fun and not feel disrespected in any way. If I have in any way offended you, I apologize. Dave

__________________
Dave Richards Treeing Walkers Reg American Saddlebred and Registered Rocky Mt. Show Horses


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:20 PM. Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 46 posts from this thread on one page

Powered by: vBulletin Version 2.3.0
Copyright © Jelsoft Enterprises Limited 2000 - 2002.
Copyright 2003-2020, United Kennel Club