UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 46 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Wisconsin Retrieval of Hunting Dogs (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928370834)

Posted by Kler Kry on 04-07-2014 11:24 PM:

Wisconsin Retrieval of Hunting Dogs

The Wisconsin Conservation Congress will be voting on the following question on April 14 at 7:00 P.M. in all 72 counties.
Question # 48 reads;
Hunting dogs can stray onto property wher their owners do not have permission to be. Currently the animal cannot be legally retrieved without the property owner's permission. Property owners cannot always be located to obtain the necessary permission to retrieve a hunting dog. A quick retrieval is always in the best interest of the dog, dog owner, and property owner. In the States of Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois, and Iowa a person on foot may, without permission, enter private land without a firearm, to retrieve a hunting dog. After retrieving the dog, the person must immediately leave the premises. This exception does not authorize the taking of wild game.
Do you support legislation that would allow the owner of a hunting dog the ability to retrieve their hunting dog without landowner's permission?
Please attend this important meeting next Monday and vote yes on this question. Meeting location are posted on; dnr.wi.gov, Conservation Congress, Meeting Schedule
Your strong support is needed to take this issue to the legislature.

Posted by Kler Kry on 04-09-2014 11:44 PM:

Wisconsin Personal Property Retrieval

Wisconsin dog owners mark your schedule for next Monday 4-14-14, 7:00 P.M. , to attend your County Hearing and vote on the dog retrieval question.
Thanks

Posted by Kler Kry on 04-14-2014 09:23 PM:

Wisconsin Personal Property Retrieval

Attend your County Meeting tonight and vote for the Dog Retrieval Question

Thanks for your time.

Posted by JJWI on 04-14-2014 11:46 PM:

ttt

Posted by Jake Appel on 04-15-2014 03:13 AM:

Rock County had a VERY good turnout of hound hunters. At least a third of those in attendance were hound hunters if not more.

CH.NT.CH.'PR' APPELS BLUE OAK GERT
GR.CH.GR.NT.CH. MANNS WILD N BLUE MINDY III
CH.GR.NT.CH. APPEL'S BLUE OAK BOOMIN' JET
GR.NT.CH. APPEL'S BLUE OAK GUNSMOKE
GR.CH.NT.CH. APPEL'S BLUE OAK GERT'S LADY
GR.NT.CH. APPEL'S BLUE OAK HONEY BEE
NT.CH. APPEL'S BLUE OAK SMOKIN GUN

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
GR.CH.GR.NT.CH.'PR' SHELTONS SMOKEY RIVER FLY
GR.CH.NT.CH. 'PR' APPEL'S BLUE OAK TIMBER
GR.CH.GR.NT.CH.'PR' APPELS BLUE OAK BULLET-- 9TH PLACE 2008 UKC WORLD
GR.CH.GR.NT.CH.'PR' APPELS BLUE OAK JET 6 ECHO

Posted by jimmy on 04-15-2014 03:25 AM:

Monroe Co. had around 60 people and part of us were houndsman. Good to finally see a decent turnout.

Posted by JJWI on 04-15-2014 04:22 AM:

Marathon county had a lot of head shakes NO

Posted by Diggerman on 04-15-2014 02:32 PM:

Lafayette co. had a few show up. When will the results be posted?

Posted by Kler Kry on 04-15-2014 11:03 PM:

Personal Property Retrieval

Thanks to all those that attended the WCC meeting last night and voted. The results can be found at dnr.wi.gov under Conservation Congress.
The results were 2589 yes and 3038 no, 24 Counties yes, 46 Counties no

Thanks again for your support.

Posted by berger on 04-16-2014 09:39 AM:

Re: Personal Property Retrieval

quote:
Originally posted by Kler Kry
Thanks to all those that attended the WCC meeting last night and voted. The results can be found at dnr.wi.gov under Conservation Congress.
The results were 2589 yes and 3038 no, 24 Counties yes, 46 Counties no

Thanks again for your support.

I would guess that it would be a safe bet that a large # of those NO VOTES came from hunters..

319-201-8445

Posted by ronald schultz on 04-16-2014 01:20 PM:

berger, did you mean hunters? or deer killers?!

I think maybe its best it didn't pass this time. now it can get reworded and hopefully the houndsmen can get more organized for the next try!

Posted by Diggerman on 04-16-2014 01:36 PM:

We were told our biggest obstacle would be the bow hunters. This vote was an acid test and if it passed handily we would have gotten a legislator to sponsor a law change. Its hard to believe hunters voting against hunters.

Posted by ronald schultz on 04-16-2014 01:54 PM:

i was surprised actually with the vote here(sheboygan county)

I believe it was 69-73,

Posted by Blackwater Pete on 04-16-2014 03:39 PM:

I think it should be worded that if a hunter tries to gain permission and cant successfully then they may retrive the dog or dogs maybe that would make it easier.

Proud member of PKC
Jason Denzer

Posted by Blackwater Pete on 04-16-2014 03:59 PM:

I think it should be worded that if a hunter tries to gain permission and cant successfully then they may retrive the dog or dogs maybe that would make it easier.

Proud member of PKC
Jason Denzer

Posted by berger on 04-16-2014 04:09 PM:

Re: berger, did you mean hunters? or deer killers?!

quote:
Originally posted by ronald schultz
I think maybe its best it didn't pass this time. now it can get reworded and hopefully the houndsmen can get more organized for the next try!

What ever you want to call them.. The biggest threat to free casting hound's and dogs is the deer hunters. This isn't just a threat to coonhunters it is a threat to coyote hunters, bird hunters, bear hunting, rabbit hunting not only a threat to hunters but trappers as well. All hunters and trappers should get together to outlaw shooting a deer with antlers the dnr could control the deer population a lot better by only letting antlerless deer being shot.

319-201-8445

Posted by cedarhillkennel on 04-16-2014 04:28 PM:

funny this came up. im from virginia and we have what we call a "right to retrieve" law. at one time us and minnesota were the only states to have such a law. we are expecting in the next few years legislation here in va to attack this law and try to take it away while i know aother states are trying to gain such a law, sadly, like some have posted here its other hunters doing the attacking. can anyone tell me or know where i may find out what states have a similar law in place or are trying to get such a law? i too am trying to gather information for up coming legislation in va and i wish all you guys good luck in getting a law of your own to retrieve your hounds

cedar hill kennels bo's tank
cedar hill kennels roxy
cedar hill kennels ace's chloe
Never ask a man what kind of dog he has. If he has a hound he'll tell you, if he does not, you don't want to shame him by asking.

Posted by hillbilly56 on 04-16-2014 05:00 PM:

HERE IN WV YOU HAVE TO CONTACT THE LAND OWNER IF THEY REFUSE TO LET YOU GET YOUR DOG YOU HAVE TO CONTACT A DNR OFFICER OR A POLICE OFFICER TO ASSIT YOU IN GETTING YOUR DOG AND YOU CAN'T TAKE A GUN WITH YOU BUT THERE MAY BE TIMES WHEN YOU HAVE TO TAKE OTHER STEPS TO PROTECT YOUR DOG IF YOU RUN INTO A LAND OWNER THATS GOING TO HARM YOUR DOG

Posted by jessejmc1979 on 04-16-2014 09:31 PM:

It got shot down by 3 votes here in Barron county. Unfortunately with all of the "trophy" deer hunters we will never get it either. We had a county resolution (2nd year in a row) for antler point restrictions and it passed by a huge margin. I understand that people want to shoot a huge buck but where do they get off telling me how big a buck has to be for me to shoot on our family farm? Deer hunting as is has become and where it is headed is going to be the end of all hunting by division. Instead of the hunters vs the anti's it's the "deer hunters" vs the "anything except deer hunters." It's truly sad what it's become.

Posted by Diggerman on 04-16-2014 09:32 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by cedarhillkennel
funny this came up. im from virginia and we have what we call a "right to retrieve" law. at one time us and minnesota were the only states to have such a law. we are expecting in the next few years legislation here in va to attack this law and try to take it away while i know aother states are trying to gain such a law, sadly, like some have posted here its other hunters doing the attacking. can anyone tell me or know where i may find out what states have a similar law in place or are trying to get such a law? i too am trying to gather information for up coming legislation in va and i wish all you guys good luck in getting a law of your own to retrieve your hounds
I believe Iowa has the best most comprehensive retrieval laws. I would like to see ours the same.

Posted by Diggerman on 04-16-2014 09:33 PM:

Re: i was surprised actually with the vote here(sheboygan county)

quote:
Originally posted by ronald schultz
I believe it was 69-73,

Most all were very close.

Posted by JJWI on 04-16-2014 11:13 PM:

What I can't believe is how all the deer hunters want more predator control to protect their deer numbers. They want more Bear tags, Wolf tags and coyotes shot. BUT they don't want anyone running a hound near their land.

Posted by Chad L on 04-16-2014 11:14 PM:

Some of the comments made about this proposal from others came from lack of clarification. I know the proposal referenced other states with similar laws but lacked definition. Some where concerned that allowing this to pass would constitute people driving across fields and so forth. I believe this proposal would have the merit to pass if it was presented as a law with clear definitions on "what is" and "what isn't" allowed to clarify the gray areas as to how it was presented at the hearing.

2014 WI BBOA State CH and king of hunt and show
2014 WI State hunt king of hunt
2013 BBCHA Valders sectional King of hunt and show
2012 BBOA Holmesville-Friday Nite High Scoring registered bluetick
2012 BBCHA Fall Round up-Saturday Night- Nite Champion winner
2012-WI BBOA State Hunt-King of Hunt
2012-2nd place in performance points earned for blueticks
CH NTCH 'PR' Great Lakes Bellah
Gone but not forgot:
NTCH Great Lakes Godzilla
NTCH 'PR' Great Lakes Misty

Posted by pat endel on 04-16-2014 11:40 PM:

hunters

Jefferson co. Their were only a few dog people at are meeting,I guess they had better things to do. I thank the trappers for helping by speaking up and voting for us.

Posted by Corky Meyer on 04-17-2014 12:06 PM:

passed in Washington co.

we need this reworded, to include retrieval of anything that belongs to you, not just dogs.

worse news is with the new deer seasons, we'll be shut out of the woods for 33 days in the southern farm deer zone, unless something changes in the DNR rules. i've been saying it would happen for years, now it has