UKC Forums
Show all 10 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Allergy question (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928555495)

Posted by Jmiller85 on 04-25-2024 01:21 AM:

Allergy question

My dog is having ear infection problems due to allergies
Where can I order an allergy shot?
Or any other suggestions?
Thanks

Posted by Sonny Phipps on 04-25-2024 01:28 PM:

In my limited experience with this, cytopoint is the best broad spectrum for this and it can only be given by prescription.

Posted by Bawlin on 04-26-2024 11:42 PM:

Our dogs would scratch, flop their ears around and have an odder to them. The daughter n law ( vet assistant) looked at them and suggested swapping dog feed to grain free, so reluctantly I did, and the switch cured everything. No more scratching, no more semi loose stool, no more odder, and they have more energy and stamina.

Bill Tipton

Posted by Jmiller85 on 05-01-2024 12:03 AM:

Btt

Btt

Posted by Richard Lambert on 05-01-2024 03:26 PM:

You can get the shot or give the pills but until you get rid of the trigger you won't get rid of the problem.

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 05-03-2024 04:01 PM:

Has a vet checked and cultured the ears? If not have this done before deeming it to be caused by an allergy and giving a steroid shot.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Posted by Jmiller85 on 05-06-2024 06:27 AM:

Been to vet 3 times and they just tell me to give him Benadryl
Looking for a shot so I don’t have to give him a pill everyday
Went to no grain feed and it didn’t change nothing

Posted by Brian Gray on 05-06-2024 12:03 PM:

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Jmiller85
Been to vet 3 times and they just tell me to give him Benadryl
Looking for a shot so I don’t have to give him a pill everyday
Went to no grain feed and it didn’t change nothing

Allergies in dogs is a very expensive ordeal. They will have to run test to see what is causing the allergies it is not that simple at first to just give a shot be prepared to spend some money on this issue. Also if that vet keeps telling you to use Benadryl I would be looking for a new vet.

Posted by Richard Lambert on 05-06-2024 04:51 PM:

What is the best allergy medicine for dogs, Claritin, Zyrtec or Benadryl?

Posted by RC-Abby on 05-06-2024 10:38 PM:

3RD vet visit.

Since September last year. Meds help but never gets completely over it. Last visit May 1st. Antibiotics, prednisone, ear rinse, ear drops and probiotics. Vets comments, stated most dogs have poor gut health. That in turn leads to poor immune system. She be leaves if we can fix the gut health most ear problems/allergies will be taken care of. So my plan is to complete this 2 week treatment as per Vet. Mean time I am ordering Ruff Greens. I have heard of this so I googled. Impressive to me goes with what my Vet was talking about.
Ruffly $750.00 paid to the Vet so far. And to read between HER lines the meds won't cure this. I have to build a good immune system in this dog or keep paying the Vet for a band-aid.

Randi Bidlack