UKC Forums
Show all 8 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Nocturnal Skipper fans ??? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=340520)

Posted by saddlesore on 03-09-2010 10:25 PM:

Nocturnal Skipper fans ???

I got a young female out of Neosho rv. Rudy X Skipper female..
When the time comes I'am thinking about breeding her to a Skipper male or a male off of Nailor seamen, that is some what close to Ohio...She's six months old , thought she was ready to start but this weather has set her and me back alittle but it's starting to break this week !!!! going to hit the woods hard to make up for lost time in jan. & feb. !!!!!!

WHAT DO YA THINK??????
Bill..

Posted by Glenn Wells on 03-10-2010 03:21 AM:

Skipper Fan

I am a fan of Nocturnal Skipper, have been since 1997 when I bred my old female to him ... buried the last female from that cross Christmas eve. Skipper's grandmother Calhoun Roxy was one of my pups ... as was his great and great great grandmother.
There are a few ads in the Cooner with dogs having Skipper's line in them , so you do have a choice in which stud you choose when the time to breed comes .
Glenn Wells

Posted by truly on 03-10-2010 04:30 AM:

Bill, a friend of mine has a nitech female off of Skipper and Grnite Jill [full sister to Skeans Dolly]. He bred her the last two times to dogs of Russ B's. I believe Psycho and Big D. The first cross is doing great, the second is very young yet. She appears to be a great reproducer, one of her offspring could be a good choice. Look for Russ or one of his guys to be hunting one of these dogs in the next few years.

Posted by trackntreeman on 03-10-2010 04:49 AM:

ill second being a skipper fan

my hanna female is a nite champion with a win toward grand , she's getting up there in age , but is one of the best females i've ever owned , she's skipper x stylish anna

@ Stud , 5 Gen . All Grand ,
Nite Ch Track Driver " Tank "
( 3 wins to GrNtCh )

Nite Ch Ch Bell Mtn. Megan
(2012 UKC WV Gov. Cup Champ)

Our Past Titled Hounds :

Gr Nite Ch Cord's Lil Rattler
Nite Ch Stylish Black Jack
Nite Ch Ch Wabash River Snap
Nite Ch Skipper's Stylish Hanna

Sponsered By :
Hillbilly Deluxe Dog Box's
(828) 925-4071
Eisenhut Dog Supply
(304) 984-1430
Mountainside gps/telemetry
Collar sales/repair
(540) 679-9628

(304) 549-1767 , Andy Rectenwald

Posted by Brian France on 03-10-2010 03:39 PM:

My female is a granddaughter to Skipper by way of X JR, and she has always shined for me. I don't know which hound gave her the ability she has but I like her pedigree and it could come from any of her ancestors, they were all good ones! Do you know of a stud near Ohio out of Nailor semen? I dont know of any around your area, Jake Garner in Georgia has Nailors Southern Country Rock that he promotes and I believe there is a fella from georgia by the name of Kerri Rooks that owns a Nailor semen stud and I have heard this hound is pretty darn good!! Best of luck when the time comes to breed your young female.

Posted by saddlesore on 03-10-2010 10:35 PM:

THANK's

Thank's for the reports everyone,

I was thinking about the Southern Rock Dog... I heard that Tim Osborne had a litter mate to the Rock dog ???? does anyone know if it's true and what he's like?? How about the southern rock dog anyone have first hand info. on him ???
I saw an ad in this months Cooner for Skipper's Duce.... was thinking he would match up real well on bouth sides of her pedigree!! anyone hunted with him???

Thank's BILL

Posted by Justin B on 03-10-2010 10:54 PM:

I haven't hunted with duece but hunted with a pup out of him. I hunt with his litter mate brother regularly. They have the tools we like to see. I belive every dog from duece's litter is a Grand Nite.

GRNTCH PKC CH Maniac Molly
NITECH PKC CH BlackJack Karma

Posted by Tyler Vaden on 03-12-2010 05:20 AM:

You mite want to bred one to this dog he came in 19th in the world at 17 months old I got a dog out of him that I like a lot.
STYLE JUST MADE IT TO 8 ON THE CURRENT PRODUCING LIST.

---------GRNITECH'PR' BALL'S STYLISH HICKORY NUT HARRY
-------GRNITECH'PR' MAGGARD'S STYLISH JET
---------GRCH GRNITECH'PR' NIGHT HEAT ABBY
-----GRCH GRNITECH'PR' JETS TREEBANGIN STYLISH SON STYLE
---------GRNITECH'PR' NOCTURNAL NAILOR
-------GRNITHCH'PR' NOCTURNAL TIPPER(Skipper's sister)
---------GRNITECH'PR' HARDWOOD FRECKLES