UKC Forums
Show all 15 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- Off Topic (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=53)
-- tick fever (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928519338)

Posted by Randy Williams on 06-16-2019 12:55 AM:

tick fever

anybody had RMST fever. I been sick since tuesday, on doxy since friday.

Posted by Bill(Chew) on 06-17-2019 09:04 PM:

Caught early it's no problem. Every time I get bit by a tick I keep watch and if I start feeling like I'm coming down with the flu I go to the doctor and get put on antibiotics. My blood shows that I've had both rocky mountain spotted fever and lymes.

Posted by Randy Williams on 06-23-2019 05:58 PM:

now they say its not tick fever, not lyme, not anything. went to the ER Friday, all there tests were good, liver ,heart, lungs everything good. fever up to 103, no energy, rash chills, swelled joints, headache, but i aint sick.

Posted by Bill(Chew) on 06-24-2019 03:43 PM:

Rocky Mountain Spotted fever is hard to diagnose because they have to actually find the ricacetta (sp) in the blood and you are usually VERY SICK by the time they see them.

Praying for you. Keep us informed on how you are doing.

Posted by Randy Williams on 07-02-2019 01:35 PM:

Well today is good. Been bad sick for almost 3 weeks. They still don't know what it is, but 3 of the doctors think I will show positive for tick fever in the future. My wife has taken real good care of me. Today the rash is almost gone, the aches & pains gone, fever gone, feel like a new man. The infectionous desease doc said i would just pop out of it one day. I hope I have.

Posted by Bill(Chew) on 07-02-2019 02:31 PM:

Good to hear! Bad part is 10 days of tetracycline at the start and you probably would have felt better after the second day.

Posted by Randy Williams on 07-10-2019 12:00 AM:

all those symptoms, fever, rash, everything came back. Today I feel normal again. The doc says it was tick fever, but the Doxy played a big part. She said the effects of the doxy is as bad as the tick fever. If i continue to improve, I will go back to work Thursday.

Posted by Rex Ridge on 07-10-2019 03:06 AM:

Hope you continue to improve.

Posted by Randy Williams on 08-18-2019 07:29 PM:

Still got the tick fever or whatever it is. Have good days and bad days. Im on diabetes & blood thinner. My heart goes in afib and has a irregular heartbeat. Blood pressure way down. 103/52 yesterday. I have tested negative for everything, all the exrays & such have been good. Seen a bunch of doctors, they say my heart is good & strong along with everything else. The heart doctors think it will be 2 or 3 more months of this junk. I think its been almost 11 weeks now.

Posted by RC-Abby on 08-19-2019 03:11 AM:

Sent you a PM

Randi

Posted by Nathan Harder on 08-19-2019 06:17 AM:

They ruled out all mosquito borne illnesses? I hope you get better man.

Iraq War Vet 03-04, 05-06
RECON
618-410-3034

Posted by Randy Williams on 08-19-2019 02:46 PM:

Thank you Randi, sent you a pm back. Mr. Harder, they have checked me for everything under the sun. They say I'm healthy as any teenager, can't find nothing wrong except my A1C is high. I also tested negative for tick fever but I have all the symptoms. They said 1 out of 4 tick fever test shows wrong.

Posted by RC-Abby on 09-08-2019 03:38 PM:

Randy

Just rereading some old posts. Wondering how you are doing? Have they determined what your problem is?

Randi

Posted by Randy Williams on 09-10-2019 04:34 AM:

they still say its rocky mountain spotted fever butb they say i have swelling in my brain, if i even have a brain(enchiphlitis). i went to a herbal doctoer and i think she is helping me more than the md's. yesterday & today has been good. trying to get the dogs & pigs feed now , and its a chore, butn i've had about 2 shots nof shine. those 2 shots will kill the pain & make me sleep about 8 hours. i'm seeing 11 doctors & 10 of them says keep on drinking the shine, one wants me on meds.

Posted by RC-Abby on 09-11-2019 10:46 PM:

WOW!!

quote:
Originally posted by Randy Williams
they still say its rocky mountain spotted fever butb they say i have swelling in my brain, if i even have a brain(enchiphlitis). i went to a herbal doctoer and i think she is helping me more than the md's. yesterday & today has been good. trying to get the dogs & pigs feed now , and its a chore, butn i've had about 2 shots nof shine. those 2 shots will kill the pain & make me sleep about 8 hours. i'm seeing 11 doctors & 10 of them says keep on drinking the shine, one wants me on meds.

11 doctors!! Just can not wrap my little ole pea brain around that. Sure hope you are on the road to recovery.
Best wishes and Prayers to you!!!
Randi