UKC Forums
Show all 12 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Lost my puppy papers? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928336176)

Posted by Dallas Inman on 09-02-2013 12:26 PM:

Lost my puppy papers?

I have lost my puppy paper for a young dog of mine how would I go about getting another set of puppy papers? Or can I get them? And also she was performance nominated will that go away if I do get a set of puppy papers back? Thank you

Posted by kardinalkennels on 09-02-2013 01:13 PM:

going thru the same thing, what a ride it has been, luckly I am the breeder of the pups and own both sire and dam.

If you are not the breeder or owner than it is probably going to be a little harder, and good luck trying to get a call in to UKC and when you do well good luck.

So after about 50 bucks in phone calls and 8 hrs on the phone, most of which was on hold. This is what I found :

one must go to the UKC web site and print off a duplicate registration paper cost 10 bucks, so for every puppy it is 10 bucks? So in theory if the breeder looses half his papers then the cost to get the lost puppy papers could exceed the cost of the litters puppy papers.

If you don't know you your puppy's UKC number and the breeder didn't record it then one must wait till all the other pups in the litter have been registered so there is no confusion on UKC's part or the litter info.

If you are not the breeder than you can see it gets a little more complicated because you will then in turn have to get the owners of the sire and dam to fill out the papers or get the paper work done in turn costing him the extra 10 bucks, time and trouble.

I don't think that the SS matters much or will be affected how ever then again it might just cost you an extra 10 for that as well?? If its been over a yr you get fined again.

good luck and maybe I am wrong about all this but this is my understanding after multiple calls, and several reps, finally one took the time to explain this to me. It isn't that I studder or am hot headed or stupid, just seemed like the reps that I talked to either didn't know themselves or didn't have the time.

GOOD LUCK!!! and I hope this has helped.

Pups and started dogs available from time to time.

Posted by kardinalkennels on 09-02-2013 01:20 PM:

p.s. If you are not computer savoy or are having trouble down loading this, p.m me your address I will print you one off send it to you or email it to you, as you can see it was a real pain in the butt for me but very educational as well. Plus I wanted to see the folks that got my pups get there papers.

I am not pointing fingers at those that bought pups or ukc, alot of it was my fault.

Pups and started dogs available from time to time.

Posted by david r on 09-02-2013 03:11 PM:

Re: Lost my puppy papers?

quote:
Originally posted by Dallas Inman
I have lost my puppy paper for a young dog of mine how would I go about getting another set of puppy papers? Or can I get them? And also she was performance nominated will that go away if I do get a set of puppy papers back? Thank you

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=8
Post on this forum.
Paul Frederick is the man!

Team Trouble

Posted by Moderator III on 09-02-2013 03:16 PM:

Re: Re: Lost my puppy papers?

quote:
Originally posted by david r
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=8
Post on this forum.
Paul Frederick is the man!

I think you mean Russel Smith !

Posted by Bobby Stevens on 09-02-2013 03:38 PM:

dallas its a pain in the butt.. horrible service, affidavit, and sign your life away what for another 10cent paper I had some so called got lost in the horrible postal service they have in Michigan and I just said forget it no 800 number so another added cost on papers I already had and all they do is put a -D behind the original number what a headache over a set of papers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Home#423-234-5113
Cell#423-329-5135

Posted by david r on 09-02-2013 04:19 PM:

Re: Re: Re: Lost my puppy papers?

quote:
Originally posted by Moderator III
I think you mean Russel Smith !
]

Yeah Russel. Whoopsie.

Team Trouble

Posted by Dallas Inman on 09-03-2013 01:04 AM:

Pkc has been a breeze to deal with wish this KC had it together like they did!

Posted by Bobby Stevens on 09-03-2013 08:49 PM:

I don't mean it to sound like I prefer one registry over the other but I've gotten car titles taken care of before with less time and effort as much as your on hold you would think they are way understaffed

Home#423-234-5113
Cell#423-329-5135

Posted by Allen / UKC on 09-03-2013 09:10 PM:

..... it's only as difficult as one makes it. By clicking on this link one can read the directions, fill out the application and mail it in to the office. You should then have your duplicate set of papers within a few weeks.

http://www.ukcdogs.com/Web.nsf/WebP...ndFeesDuplicate

Otherwise, where complications come in is when owners did not transfer the dog to their name and they have a hard time running down the owner on record and get them involved with something that they have nothing to do with.

Posted by Bigridge kennel on 09-03-2013 11:54 PM:

Love Ukc , the longest I've taken to get my 4 dogs papers back was 3 weeks no more than 4 . Always good service

Pr' bigridge ole dan
Pr' Ralph's red hawk addy
Nt.ch. Reece's show no mercy
bigridge bear crazy blue
Pr' bigridge diesel

Posted by Redneck Mafia on 09-04-2013 07:45 PM:

puppy papers

Call your breeder first , most keep records of what puppies go where & have the proper ukc # ...I did this on a pup out of my dog a while back , if they don't have the record ukc will give them a list of reg #'s on that litter what has been permanently reg and what not .Sometimes have to use process of elimination a calling other people to figure out who has what # so you can figure out which one is yours.
When I did this I went ahead & permanently reg pup instead of duplicate pup papers like you can do on original litter reg ....cost $25 but then done & didn't have to send them back in.
On affidavite we the breeder filled it out much easier than you the buyer because dog is in breeders name not yours...call reg dept or print off internet take to your breeder hopefully they will help you .

As for phone calls to ukc my last wait time 37 min other kc someone answers phone almost immediatly every time .
Did call ukc first thing one morning & got through ...call when you have time ,patience, & good cell service lol

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER