UKC Forums
Show all 8 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Stopped Hunting (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928507657)

Posted by bjackman on 08-08-2018 05:45 PM:

Stopped Hunting

Im new to the sport and have a male dog that is 6 years old. He is a grand night champion in ukc. I bought him alittle over a year ago for me and my son to hunt. From day one when you cut him he would go and get treed. You always went and got him off a tree. He never came back to us unless we called him in. In the last couple of months we started hunting with other people and haven't hunted him alone. This past Saturday we went hunting, just me and him. I cut him loose he took off went about 50 yards and came back. I leashed him up walked him a little farther, same thing back to the truck he went. This happened several more times. I switched him, scolded him, and even asked him nicely. Nothing worked. So I take him back Sunday night and the same thing. He just wont go. Any suggestions? He seems to act like he feels fine and looks healthy

Posted by curs12 on 08-08-2018 07:04 PM:

Too hot maybe ? maybe check for tick related stuff ? I'd get him checked and put up for awhile and then re go for it and see what happens

Posted by rick brocious on 08-08-2018 10:23 PM:

Have you shocked him lately ?

Posted by KYHoundDawg on 08-08-2018 11:53 PM:

I have a dog that won’t hunt in the heat. Took her to the vet and ran test after test anything we could think of, all negative. She is 7 now and just started this stuff recently over the past year.

Also could be something like a coyote den close to where you cut loose that he doesn’t want to mess with.

Hope all is well otherwise!

PR B&B Docs Buzzed Again

Past Hounds
PR Horsefly Hollow Pepper, passed with a 1st and HTX pass
GRCH NITCH PR Allens Nationwide Suckerpunch HTX
GrCH2 NITCH PR Brockman's Remington Clover HTX

GRCH GRNITCH PKC SCH PR Brockman’s Blue Buzz HTX (semen available)
BBOA
502-417-2086

Posted by Al Medcalf on 08-09-2018 04:19 AM:

Do you have coyotes in your area? Oh just saw you were in Ok. so probably so. Do you know if he has had scrapes with yotes before he started this?

Posted by Nathan Phenix on 08-09-2018 07:43 PM:

Sounds like dog is spoiled from being hunted with other dogs to much lately

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Posted by CHEWBACH on 08-09-2018 08:41 PM:

Re: Stopped Hunting

quote:
Originally posted by bjackman
Im new to the sport and have a male dog that is 6 years old. He is a grand night champion in ukc. I bought him alittle over a year ago for me and my son to hunt. From day one when you cut him he would go and get treed. You always went and got him off a tree. He never came back to us unless we called him in. In the last couple of months we started hunting with other people and haven't hunted him alone. This past Saturday we went hunting, just me and him. I cut him loose he took off went about 50 yards and came back. I leashed him up walked him a little farther, same thing back to the truck he went. This happened several more times. I switched him, scolded him, and even asked him nicely. Nothing worked. So I take him back Sunday night and the same thing. He just wont go. Any suggestions? He seems to act like he feels fine and looks healthy
get a buddy to take a dog along !! get your dog out and leave other in box !! turn your dog loose if he don't go turn the other dog out with him and I bet he will go then !! problem solved !!

Posted by bobby593 on 08-09-2018 09:26 PM:

MY DOG DID THIS LAST NIGHT I PUT HIM BACK IN THE BOX WE CUT MY BUDDYS DOG BY HIS SELF AND ON THE THE NEXT DROP CUT MINE ALONE AGAIN NEXT DROP HE WENT IN AND GOT TREED