UKC Forums
Show all 18 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- ??? Bottled Coon Scents ??? (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=322728)

Posted by Wes Wilkins on 01-02-2010 11:26 PM:

??? Bottled Coon Scents ???

I need to do some drags for my pup. I cant find any roadkill coon. Have some box traps out but coon just arent moving here right now. We just had 22" of snow and now the temps are in 20's. I was wondering what you guys opinions are on bottled coon scents. Are there any that really smell like a coon? Thanks, WES

Posted by wildbill on 01-02-2010 11:41 PM:

Re: ??? Bottled Coon Scents ???

quote:
Originally posted by Wes Wilkins
I need to do some drags for my pup. I cant find any roadkill coon. Have some box traps out but coon just arent moving here right now. We just had 22" of snow and now the temps are in 20's. I was wondering what you guys opinions are on bottled coon scents. Are there any that really smell like a coon? Thanks, WES

i used to use the stuff i got from bill boatmans ..
i salt cured a coon hide and when i thought the scent of wearing off,
i'd squirt some on the hide..
haven't see it in awhile ,somebody must have borrowed it or wife pitched it without telling me..

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Posted by Daniel Evans on 01-03-2010 12:24 AM:

Try CRONKS, thats what I use for all my pups

Posted by bludawg on 01-03-2010 01:29 AM:

The best by far is Tuck's coon scent, made by Terry Tucker. It is so good that while i was working some pups on a drag, our 6 year old NITECH male went nuts on it too. So yes it is the real stuff!

Tucks Coon Scent
GIVE YOUR PUPS A HEAD START, START THEM WITH TUCKS COON SCENT AT 3 MO OLD.

$7 FOR 4OZ BOTTLE
$14 FOR 8 OZ BOTTLE

SEND CHECK TO TERRY TUCKER
26201 D DR SOUTH
ALBION MI 49224

Keep 'em True 'n Blue!

Jeff-n-Deb Hovious
812-585-9791
317-364-7035
[color=Blue]
Magnum Blue Kennels
NITECH "PR" Mead's Blue Moese Jet Eleven

* In memory of NITECH GRCH "PR" Hovious' Blue Jets' Turbo DNA-P #686556P
* In Memeory of "PR" NITECH Deb's Northen Blue Pokey Dot*

Posted by Okie Dawg on 01-03-2010 04:12 AM:

Sigma chemical company is a very big corp. They make fake scent for drugs, cadaver even apichrin ( the human feer scent). You can start your dog on these scents but a dog trained on the real thing it will not indicate on the fake stuff theer for they do know the differance.
So what I would do to see if it really has coon scent in it is put some on a cloth and take it up wind of a good hound and see if he goes nuts. If he does then use it if not keep trying to trap a coon and put a pan under it and catch the urine or put an old towl in the cage with it. You can use the urine on cotton balls or use the towel for a drag. When you get done with the towel put it in a paper bag and put it in the freezer. You can keep it fresh for years that way. While the weather is bad and they can't work much of a trail try putting the towel in the tree then take your dog down wind and walk it across wind and watch him . When you think he is smelling it turn him loose. If you can get it to catch on it will help him with lay ups.

If your dog likes you,have some one hold it whil you go hide. You can teach it a lot about tracking at a young age laying track and letting it run and tree you.
I think is is better than letting them run loose and letting them learn on possom then haveing to break them off the stuff later. Sorry board tonight, don't get to hunt.

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Posted by wildbill on 01-03-2010 04:38 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Okie Dawg
Sigma chemical company is a very big corp. They make fake scent for drugs, cadaver even apichrin ( the human feer scent). You can start your dog on these scents but a dog trained on the real thing it will not indicate on the fake stuff theer for they do know the differance.
So what I would do to see if it really has coon scent in it is put some on a cloth and take it up wind of a good hound and see if he goes nuts. If he does then use it if not keep trying to trap a coon and put a pan under it and catch the urine or put an old towl in the cage with it. You can use the urine on cotton balls or use the towel for a drag. When you get done with the towel put it in a paper bag and put it in the freezer. You can keep it fresh for years that way. While the weather is bad and they can't work much of a trail try putting the towel in the tree then take your dog down wind and walk it across wind and watch him . When you think he is smelling it turn him loose. If you can get it to catch on it will help him with lay ups.

If your dog likes you,have some one hold it whil you go hide. You can teach it a lot about tracking at a young age laying track and letting it run and tree you.
I think is is better than letting them run loose and letting them learn on possom then haveing to break them off the stuff later. Sorry board tonight, don't get to hunt.

you been watching "where the red fern grows "again,,lol

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Posted by jamesbraden on 03-11-2014 12:31 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by bludawg
The best by far is Tuck's coon scent, made by Terry Tucker. It is so good that while i was working some pups on a drag, our 6 year old NITECH male went nuts on it too. So yes it is the real stuff!

Tucks Coon Scent

$7 FOR 4OZ BOTTLE
$14 FOR 8 OZ BOTTLE

26201 D DR SOUTH
ALBION MI 49224

Does terry have a phone number I could call

Posted by cat13 on 03-11-2014 12:51 AM:

5174030073 is Terrys cell number its the best you can get

Posted by Nova70 on 03-13-2014 01:39 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by bludawg

Tucks Coon Scent

$7 FOR 4OZ BOTTLE
$14 FOR 8 OZ BOTTLE

26201 D DR SOUTH
ALBION MI 49224

how do you get this guy to call you back called several times let a message and phone number he never called back I hope his scent works better than he returns calls I will be dang if I would send him a check for scent if he cant return a call but thats jmo

Posted by BawlinBlues on 03-13-2014 03:58 AM:

I sent a check to terry and had sent in 3 days,good guy to deal with.

Coty Strannahan

Posted by Nova70 on 03-13-2014 11:56 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by BawlinBlues
I sent a check to terry and had sent in 3 days,good guy to deal with.
did you use the scent yet if so was it any good if you do t want to post on here could you p m me with any info thanks

Posted by krocket on 03-13-2014 05:46 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Nova70
did you use the scent yet if so was it any good if you do t want to post on here could you p m me with any info thanks
Heck ya it works the best

Posted by rance56 on 03-13-2014 06:22 PM:

defienlty tucks coon scent

Posted by chuck barham on 09-30-2016 08:03 PM:

Does anyone know if Terry still sell the Coon scent ?

Posted by mr taylor on 09-30-2016 08:31 PM:

He still sells it .

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...ucks+coon+scent

I started reading this i thought it was Russia when i seen snow and cold, Then seen it was a 2010 thread .

Posted by mjredbone91 on 10-30-2020 02:38 PM:

Coon scent

Is tucks coon scent still around?

Posted by benderb4 on 10-30-2020 03:17 PM:

I heard he is hard to get him by phone. This is link to last ad on vendor page.
Have used it myself and recommend it as good stuff

Most people just send him check and it comes .

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...highlight=tucks

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...highlight=tucks

TRUTH IS TREASON IN AN EMPIRE OF LIES...G. Orwell
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THE GOVERNMENT TELLS YOU...G. Carlin
ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE WORK RELENTLESSLY TO CENSOR THOSE WHO SPEAK THE TRUTH...Ron DeSantis

Posted by Ridgerunner1988 on 10-31-2020 05:36 PM:

Yes Tucks coon scent is still available I just got confirmation from him today that he is still selling it sent my check out this morning for it hope to get it soon.