UKC Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 48 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- Facebook vs UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928498573)

Posted by Prime Time 29 on 01-17-2018 08:03 PM:

Facebook vs UKC Forums

Which do you like better when you are just wanting to look and talk coonhounds?

It seems the last couple of years that this forum is loosing the younger generations and they are just using other social media ex. Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Posted by Prime Time 29 on 01-17-2018 08:14 PM:

Which this could be a slightly tainted survey since it is posted on the UKC Forums!

–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Posted by yadkintar on 01-17-2018 08:29 PM:

Hey they have loosened up on here a bunch (we wore them down ) only thing hurts face book the younger bunch thinks it's cute to cuss and always gonna whoop sombody this site has kids that read it you can't have that on here jmo.

Tar

Posted by shadinc on 01-17-2018 08:52 PM:

This forum is just about coon hunting. Facebook is about every illness since the plague.

Posted by Kenneth Tavares on 01-17-2018 09:03 PM:

The moderators have ran most off of these hunting sites. Especially this one.

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Posted by yrphunter on 01-17-2018 09:26 PM:

Been a long time member on here, don’t say much but visit multiple times a day. I feel the conversations on here are tons more informational than Facebook and prefer reading ukc topics. That being said I find Facebook extremely simple to post pics to compared to this forum. You can find some informational posts with good pics and video on Facebook but you have to wade through multiple junk for sale ads to find them! If the moderators are reading this I would highly suggest a more user friendly search option as well as more user friendly options to post pics.

PR Dry Branch's Thunder Braley
PR Dry Branch's foggy mtn daisy

Never forgotten-
PR Dutch Hollars Mtn Cry Diamond

Posted by wbond on 01-18-2018 12:22 AM:

I like this this the best except there needs to be a easier way to post pictures

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Posted by CHEWBACH on 01-18-2018 12:48 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Hey they have loosened up on here a bunch (we wore them down ) only thing hurts face book the younger bunch thinks it's cute to cuss and always gonna whoop sombody this site has kids that read it you can't have that on here jmo.

Tar

kinda rite tar !! dang that hurts !! but on here you have old farts gonna whip all and on facebook you have the young farts gonna whip all !! need to join hands and just love each other !!! LMBO

Posted by kybufford on 01-18-2018 12:50 AM:

Facebook has alot of dog jockeys people dont know yet. On here you know who the guys are you can trust plus you can ask around if you need to. not saying you cant find a good dog on face book but I buy my pups off here.

God only knows who we'd be without soldiers and Jesus.

Rack'em Up Willy pup
--County Line's Rammy(Rambo)

Black and Tans
TREE BANGIN White Boy
*UKC win Friday night Red Bone days 2021
BnT TREE BANGIN BUFFORD the start of it all

Posted by blacksc1 on 01-18-2018 12:52 AM:

I'm only 24 and do not take part in Facebook. I visit the forums atleast once a day to pass time or look for an answer to a question I may be pondering at the time, there is information on here. But as far as the dog trading goes and showing dogs off it seems that Facebook is a much better venue from what I have been shown. More local houndsmen, and the availabliity of pictures and videos to just scroll through. Also maybe a more active feed sometimes days can go by without new controversies or topics, maybe not since yadkintar is in the loose but Facebook is ever changing.

I'm not knocking UKC and darn sure wish social media isn't what it is. Just my two cents on the matter.

Posted by hillbilly56 on 01-18-2018 02:57 AM:

quote:

Tar

x2 you never know what your gonna see on facebook

Posted by T Felderman on 01-18-2018 01:27 PM:

I don't have a facebook account but I hear there is no beating around the bush afraid something might get deleted. I like that.

Posted by mark nethery on 01-18-2018 06:48 PM:

Facebook much easier

To share pictures! Number one reason I look an share photos so much easier or at all since I don’t know how to post on this site have tried just to dum. Lol thanks for asking

Home off
SUPER STAKES SIRE
UKC DNA Profiled
GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Cutter (Grch GrNtCh Crows an Grants Cutter x GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Hope )
At stud.300 negative Brucellosis

Pr Trick Magic Dixie ( GrchGrntch2 Charley Creek Big Mike x Grch GrNtCh Trick Magic Trudy)

PR Git Ryght Ryta. (GrNtCh Kant Git Ryght x GrNtCh Magic Style Dolly )

Pr Stylish Cutter Jr ( GrNtCh Vance’s Stylish Cutter x Pr Trick Magic Dixie sister t Bad Butch )

Semen stored at Peewee valley
Grntch Stylish Hammer is a 2019 UKC preformance sire. DNA profile in UKC and PKC see stud dog page for ad on GrNtch Stylish Hammer 👍🇺🇸

Posted by LSO1103 on 01-18-2018 06:57 PM:

I prefer this site except for one thing and that's posting pics. It's so much easier to post pics on Facebook. I don't know about Twitter and SnapChat is for one thing and one thing only from what I've seen and it sure ain't coon huntin. Has anyone at UKC ever thought about putting out a mobile app for this site? It would make posting pics so much easier.

Posted by Night Shift on 01-18-2018 07:21 PM:

I’ve never been threatened on this site.

Someone is always wanting to beat me up on Facebook. Young kids can dish it but they sure can’t take it. Lol Heck I thought I was going to have a drag out fight yesterday over calling someone a snowflake. They always think they deserve an award.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Posted by Prime Time 29 on 01-18-2018 07:36 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by LSO1103
I prefer this site except for one thing and that's posting pics. It's so much easier to post pics on Facebook. I don't know about Twitter and SnapChat is for one thing and one thing only from what I've seen and it sure ain't coon huntin. Has anyone at UKC ever thought about putting out a mobile app for this site? It would make posting pics so much easier.

I was thinking the same thing about a mobile app

–- Wyatt Earp

Posted by yadkintar on 01-18-2018 07:58 PM:

My computer skills are lacking to say the least but that boy of mine has no problem putting stuff on here might be the age difference I struggle with the littlest things. But was working when I should have been in school.

Tar

Posted by HOBO on 01-18-2018 08:47 PM:

A mobile app won't help with posting pictures on here.... UKC has the option of uploading to their server turned off.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Posted by yadkintar on 01-18-2018 08:59 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by HOBO
A mobile app won't help with posting pictures on here.... UKC has the option of uploading to their server turned off.

You said that when the bosses are on here ...........my hero yeah !!

Lol

Posted by SRF on 01-19-2018 12:51 AM:

quote:

Tar

Yea I know what ya mean. I’m 15 years old and there’s a lot of people like that I know. I try being respectful though on here and not cause too much trouble lol.

Posted by SRF on 01-19-2018 12:51 AM:

quote:

Tar

Yea I know what ya mean. I’m 15 years old and there’s a lot of people like that I know. I try being respectful though on here and not cause too much trouble lol.

Posted by Autumn Clements on 01-19-2018 01:36 AM:

I have quite a few coonhound people on Facebook, keep up on a lot going on on there. Don't use twitter, don't have many people on Instagram so don't see much on there. Have a few coonhound people on Snapchat I talk to.

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Posted by Matt Roberts on 01-19-2018 02:35 AM:

I don’t say very much on here but I visit several times a day. Definitely a lot more educational “and entertaining” than FB but with all the technology out there you’d think it would be easier to put pictures on here. No reason why you should have to use a third party (post image/photo bucket) or whatever it is to post pictures. Not that I have any worth posting but these ole red dogs might luck up occasionally

Posted by toe cutter on 01-19-2018 04:14 AM:

I enjoy the swamp music group on facebook. I can post on there and not get my ass handed to me from all the experts like on here.

Posted by shane_atchison on 01-19-2018 01:30 PM:

To many moderators doing to much moderating on here. If it's a worthwhile or interesting topic enjoy it cause it'll be deleted tomorrow..