UKC Forums
Show all 9 posts from this thread on one page

UKC Forums (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/index.php)
- UKC Coonhounds (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=4)
-- frooze seman - frooze eggs (http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.php?threadid=928307724)

Posted by roughcreek on 03-12-2013 03:46 AM:

frooze seman - frooze eggs

is it possible to colect eges from a female dog & freeze for the future? there is alot of great females across the country that it's a shame when thier gone thier gone for good.

i think i seen this being done with cattle on tv.

270 524 3585

HOME OF
ntchgrch.rough creek easys ragin cole HTX (co owner david miller)
grntchch.rough creek getto queen
ntchch.rough creek bumble bea (co owner jamie swann)
pr.rough creek special ed (walker dog)

PAST HOME OF
ntch.rough creek easy ace
grntchgrch.rough creek easys thunderstick HTX
grntchgrch.rough creek little ann
grntchgrch.hurikane creek uglystick
grntchgrch.rough creek double shot
grntchgrch.rough creek easys big timber
grntchgrch.rough creek little zipper
grntchgrch.puke box annie
grntchgrch.shaker hill sho gun
grntchgrch.mogan ridge rough creek dolly
ntchch.rough creek smokin spazz
ntch.rough creek black satin
ntch.diblings northern grace

Posted by mauser06 on 03-12-2013 04:53 AM:

If it is possible, it probably isnt very cost effective...you can collect a male pretty easily...a female would be an operation i would imagine...

And with a male you get millions of what you need...a female you wouldnt...

And a male always has what you need...a female, youd have to have the timing perfect to get the perfect eggs...

'PR' Trackman's Dizzy Duke

Posted by StrawberryMt on 03-12-2013 06:35 AM:

When I was in class learning to collect and freeze canine semen this subject was brought up. We were told egg and embryo flushes were not available in canines yet. My instructor said she wished she was twenty years younger because she would love to lead the way in that technology.

http://stirekcanineservices.weebly.com

Posted by timgreuel on 03-12-2013 02:25 PM:

eggs

I don't know much but I would think the eggs would be so small to just collect them. In cattle the females are given drugs to cause a super ovulation and go through a heat cycle and the eggs are fertilized, then flushed out of the host cow. The tech then separates the strong embryos and they are either frozen for future or implanted into a host cow. There is Probly more to it as its been years since if seen it done.

Posted by englishbuddy on 03-12-2013 02:46 PM:

This would be a great thing if we could collect eggs from the special females....... What would some us give for a pup outa a female if we could turn nack time ????? $$$$$ I think some of us may live to see this happen ....

Posted by timgreuel on 03-12-2013 09:21 PM:

BREEDING

THAT IS TRUE IT WOULD BE NICE TO GET A LITTER OUT OF THE. OLD GREATS ON THE FEMALE SIDE, BUT I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT WE MUST BE DOING A POOR JOB AT BREEDING OUR CURRENT DOGS IF WE HAVE TO CONTINUE GOING BACK TO THE WELL TO GET WHAT WE ONCE HAD.

Posted by imacorgimom on 03-12-2013 09:52 PM:

I believe it can be/has been done, but the money is not in it like it is in livestock.

Home to a bunch of short dogs who occasionally allow me the honor of holding the other end of their leads!

Posted by Majestic Tree H on 03-12-2013 10:01 PM:

The assisted reproductive techniques (ARTs) such as in vitro fertilization, embryo transfer, and cryopreservation of gametes have contributed considerably to the development of biomedical sciences in addition to improving infertility treatments in humans as well as the breeding of domestic animals. However, ARTs used in canine species have strictly limited utility when compared with other mammalian species, including humans. Although successful somatic cell cloning has been reported, artificial insemination by frozen semen to date is only available for the improved breeding and reproduction for companion and working dogs as well as guide dogs for the blind. We describe here the successful cryopreservation of embryos and subsequent embryo transfer in dogs. Canine embryos were collected from excised reproductive organs after artificial insemination and subsequently cryopreserved by a vitrification method. When the 4-cell to morula stage of cryopreserved embryos were nonsurgically transferred into the uteri of nine recipient bitches using a cystoscope, five recipients became pregnant and four of them delivered a total of seven pups. The cryopreservation of embryos in canine species will facilitate the transportation and storage of genetic materials and will aid in the elimination of vertically transmitted diseases in dogs. In addition, this technique will contribute to the improved breeding of companion and working dogs such as guide dogs, drug-detecting dogs, and quarantine dogs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23279484

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Posted by Hunter Reese on 03-13-2013 10:47 PM:

Re: BREEDING

quote:
Originally posted by timgreuel
THAT IS TRUE IT WOULD BE NICE TO GET A LITTER OUT OF THE. OLD GREATS ON THE FEMALE SIDE, BUT I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT WE MUST BE DOING A POOR JOB AT BREEDING OUR CURRENT DOGS IF WE HAVE TO CONTINUE GOING BACK TO THE WELL TO GET WHAT WE ONCE HAD.

I agree 100 percent! I sure wish more people would realize this!

GRNITECH CH 'PR' HIGH X-PECTATIONS
(NUMBER 10 CURRENT REPRODUCER, 2008 KY STATECH)
HAVE SEMEN

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' BIG JANICE
(WLDNITECH PCH BIG D x WLDNITECH JANICE JOPLIN)

GRNITECH 'PR' HARRY'S STYLISH FRANNIE

GRNITECH 'PR' INSANE BELLA

NITECH 'PR' LEGENDS STYLISH SHENA

NITECH 'PR' INSANE PLAIN JANE (2019 WORLD QUALIFIED, $ WON)

Breeder and Trainer of Belgian Malinois
828-577-6167